It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostCompletely

You have a terrible problem with reading and comprehension. Not sure why I even bothered to address you.

Please address the part you believe I was wrong about, your blanket statement means nothing to me.

But by all means, skulk off if you don't like what I am saying.

link   

How to load and fire a crossbow, as you can see, it takes a little time to load and fire

link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Kryties

Because you do not load, aim and fire a crossbow while doing maintenance to it.

You are making the mistake of assuming the neighbour knew this, or could see it clearly. Obviously not or they wouldn't have called the cops now would they?

Sorry, but it is a silly question.

No it isn't.

When you load a crossbow, the string is pulled back and the limbs are sprung to the rear. then you place a bolt on the string.
When you aim a crossbow, you put the buttstock on your shoulder and align the sights with the target.

Again you are making assumptions that the neighbour knew all of this. Obviously they did not.

The neighbor could tell that he wasn't doing the second part, I am certain.

Certain are you? So you have personally spoken to that neighbour? Didn't think so.

[SNIP]

The neighbor could see that the OP had a crossbow..... But was too far away to tell if he was aiming it???

You make me laugh.

[SNIP]
edit on 14-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/14/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed personal jabs

edit on 1/14/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Kryties

IF you had COMMON SENSE, you can't clean/maintain ANY LOADED WEAPON, be it a gun or xbow

[SNIP]

How was the neighbour supposed to know that you were cleaning the bloody thing in the first place hmmmm? Was the neighbour standing beside you watching you do it? NO. From the neighbours perspective you were playing with a crossbow and they called the cops because they had no idea, because they are not psychic, that you were cleaning it rather than arming or firing it.

Do I need to spell it out in big Sesame Street letters? It is astounding how such a simple concept is being lost on people here....
edit on 1/14/2013 by kosmicjack because: removed jab at portioon of membership

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Kryties

IF you had COMMON SENSE, you can't clean/maintain ANY LOADED WEAPON, be it a gun or xbow

Did you have a sign up saying "CLEANING/MAINTINING WEAPON"?

How was anyone to know just by looking at you that you were cleaning it and not preparing it to use?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Okay then boil it down to a bit of logic. In a logical view, the majority of people would do maintenance inside, there really is no logical reason (sorry but "i like the outside" doesn't exactly count) to be outside doing this. I don't sharpen my knives outside for all to see even though I love nature and the outdoors, there is really no point, all my equipment is stored in the house to do so and I can go outside once im done.
A person who happens to glance from their house and sees a man with a weapon (of any kind for that matter) has the right to be concerned with the safety of themselves and their loved ones, and logic (in my view) would not make me go over and investigate further what exactly he was doing with that weapon (and personally knowing nothing about crossbows, would probably be a bit alarmed in what he was doing). Really not too hard to understand from my point of view. The police did not arrest him, they gave back his weapon after they were shown wrong in taking it and the day resumed.
edit on 14-1-2013 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thread closed pending staff review.

Mod Note: Terms and Conditions of Posting - Please Review This Link
edit on 1/14/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join