After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
reply to post by HomerinNC

No offense...

But in my personal opinion, and if you truly respect the constitution so much you'll have no choice to respect my freedom to voice my opinion, is that it's perfectly acceptable to take the weapons of a a convicted felon's hand.

So by your opinion, i dont have the right to defend myself, or my child if my home is broken into or become the victim of a home invasion
Think harsh words will stop em?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by Liquesence

edit on 12-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

Having now seen that video of the young-man in England being interviewed by police after being arrested for having a box cutter in his backpack, I never again want to hear from any English, British or whatever they wish to call themselves say another G D Word about our 2nd Amendment or how we should or should not live here in the United States. Any human being who would allow their government treat them like this and make laws like this and behave like this are not fit to speak, let alone give us advice.

If you want to live like they live in England, GO THERE!
edit on 13-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

No offense...

But in my personal opinion, and if you truly respect the constitution so much you'll have no choice to respect my freedom to voice my opinion, is that it's perfectly acceptable to take the weapons of a a convicted felon's hand.

Once again:

Shall NOT be infringed... When are you people going to get that through your thick heads.

It does not say: If you are a law abiding citizen, nor if you have never been convicted of a crime nor, if you had an argument with a family member and plead out to misdemeanor battery you CAN'T have weapons.

It says, IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Period, end of story.

What about if the man was convicted of a felony for any of the following reasons

1. Driving with a suspended license (3rd offense is a felony)
2. Petting a sea turtle... yup, a felony
3. Riding a Manatee... this one is a felony too
4. Fed a gator? Felony charge
5. Did not pay child support? This too can be a felony charge...
6. Ran from the police because he feared for his life? An other felony
7. Paid with a check and did not have enough money in the bank because his boss paid him late... felony

So you are saying this man cannot protect himself / his family from a tyrannical .gov or criminals?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

The 2nd amendment s just a few lines on a piece of paper that will NEVER be exercised, otherwise they would have been already. If you believe that it's anything other than a fairy story then you are seriously deluded! In a few months time this will all be forgotten about and the American people will plod on as usual, doing as they're told in the hope of receiving the occasional treat (or more like working their butts off to pay for the shiny carrots that are dangled under their nose)

Oh, and if you don't want to hear any other opinions about your countries policies from people from outside your country then maybe you should switch off your internet or stick to USA only forums, or just steer clear of sites that promote freedom of speech altogether (the Chinese like it that way too)
edit on 13-1-2013 by Iam'___' because: added text

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by YapTalk

And they need a warrant to hit my house as well. What is the reason behind said warrant? What's the probable cause associated with getting a warrant to enter my home? There is none. Learn the law & the facts. Then we will be a little less uninformed as to your rights. Cause if you don't know your rights, TPTB sure as hell aint gonna tell ya. Plus use TOR browser.as I do.

Looks like both you and I are on the same page. I do not use any of that social media crap either but the point still stands: "Internet postings and Social media ARE being used to implicate people in crimes".

With that being said, warrants are even given by judges based on lies and any other crap an LEO decides to write on them, so it would be smart to watch what we say.

I am quite aware of my rights and the law as it is a hobby of mine to hit the law library at the biggest law college in my nearest city and ask questions that stump the law librarian.

Back on topic...

Homer did nothing wrong and his neighbors are those that believe that the police is there to protect them personally.

You and I know better because of supreme court cases that state that the police is NOT there to protect any particular individual.

Once something happens to said neighbor, and they realize that they need to BE their own protection, they will then sit down in their front porch and clean their own weapons also!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

Actually I think our forefathers are high fiveing because they did away with British rule and gave Americans freedom & the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

I agree we are on the same page. Those who implicate themselves in a crime via social networking site are ,well, just stupid. Knowing how and when to speak and how one structures those words, well that means all the difference in the world. I have many times imagined sitting on my porch and shooting at my neighbors dog. The key there is the words "in my mind & imagine" Having never said that out loud to any one else on earth, it;s not a crime. nor is it punishable by law.

Earlier I said, If TPTB come to my home they can have every firearm i have in my home, but if they think that's all I have big mistake on there part. Where in that did I say I had other firearms ? I said if they think that's all I have, they made a big mistake. I did not say guns nor firearms. I could have meant a really big dog or large attack cat. You all made the implication that I would have other firearms hidden away. It's in the wording.

Just like the 2nd Amendment, it's in the wording " Shall not be infringed upon" LE nationwide has been militarized across the board. All of us are criminals. All of us are the bad guys. Le has taken this stance, not the people.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by beezzer

It's a Parker hunting crossbow, let me see if I can find a pic online I'm on my iPad, still outside lol
Too nice to be inside

Found it : www.parkerbows.com...

Ewww. its black and has a scope. Of course its "evil". And you are holding it and so that makes you evil too.

Thats the result of years of subliminal media indoctrination by their term, "Gunman". Man with a gun.
They can't say gunbad, or gunevil, so they always attach a word to it in a term... gun"violence' is the new one I been hearing. Inanimate objects by themselves are not inherently dangerous so they need to combine the two to make it look worse than it really is. If someone gets run over they don't call it Carcrime. If someone kills somebody with a baseball bat they don't call it bat crime, or brick crime. How about Batman, carmen, and brick men? Ridiculous.
edit on 13-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
They have done it in Australia a few years later they banned Crossbows.

Crossbows are not banned. You can buy them at any archery store as long as you are a member of an archery club. They are not on display though.

You don't need to be a member of an archery club to buy a bow however.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I stopped halfway through the first place, no one questions the OP story which to me sounds very one sided and probably missing a bit... Talk about "sheeple"

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm anti-semi autos but all good with bows and the like. But c'mon don't play with it in view of the public, of course folks would find that sketchy. Bit of an over reaction by the cops though, but I can see why they'd be worried.

And I guess that's one of the problems over there, law enforcement don't know if you're a nutter (like anywhere) but they also don't know if you've got a big gun behind you, which would probably lead to over reactions some of the time, which is kinda fair enough in a sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

It would be a long time from nowhere the goverment to get to that level of disarming the people. If we were to get to this point the country would almost certainly be on the verge of a civil war or one just starting. The entire purpose of the second ammend is made for this situation. "to protect from both foreign and domestic enemies". Thomas Jefferson wanted to make sure if the goverment went astray our citizens would have guns to stop the goverment. Let us hope this scenario never happens

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Then after that they are coming for those that are useful

Than after that they are coming to kill who is left.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

It's a Parker hunting crossbow, let me see if I can find a pic online I'm on my iPad, still outside lol
Too nice to be inside

Found it : www.parkerbows.com...
edit on 1/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Dude, thats a pretty mean looking crossbow. I have a few bows, but no crossbows (I'd have to pay memberhip to buy them).

If your neighbour knows that you have commited a serious crime (if you indeed have), then I don't see anything wrong about them reporting you maintaining a deadly weapon outside. Thats assuming you have harmed someone with a weapon before, and that your neighbour knows about it, which is not what I'm implying.

Everyone should report suspicious activity. Imagine if someone who knew Adam Lanza's mental issues had called the cops when he started loading weapons into his car.

Anyway, would you honestly use a crossbow for defending yourself? I use my bows for practice, as a hobby, I don't think I'd go running for it when someone broke into my house.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If I saw you sitting outside playing with a crossbow (don't care what you are actually doing), I would have called the cops too. Better to be safe than sorry - particularly when it's being handled by a convicted felon.

Poor widdle diddums.
edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

Actually I think our forefathers are high fiveing because they did away with British rule and gave Americans freedom & the 2nd Amendment.

Which Americas have failed to use and just see it as a rule to say 'Yey, we can own guns!'. I don't think you read the rest of my post did you?

Having been a gun owner for hunting purposes in the UK (it never even crossed my mind to own one for protection, that'd just be extremely paranoid to do so there), I don't give a flying crap about your gun ownership and every other crackpot owning one/multiple, I'm just glad me and my family don't live there. I just find it laughable how people are throwing around this 2nd amendment crap without using it for it's true intentions in the most restricted of westernised lands.

Freedom?? Don't make me laugh! If I was in your country now there would be a rally to have me removed for voicing this opinion
edit on 14-1-2013 by Iam'___' because: typo
edit on 14-1-2013 by Iam'___' because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

When I was 5 a crossbow bolt landed 2 feet away from me while I was chilling in my kiddie pool. My mom called the cops right away, turn out it was the second neighbor that was shooting at birds. Moral of the story, it's a WEAPON and it KILLS.

If I see a neighbor with a crossbow I'll tell him to put it away, if he doesn't then I'm calling the cops.

There is a difference between waxing a string and shooting, my arrows and bolts were inside the house, the only thing outside with me was my tube of wax, assorted Allen wrenches and a rag.
If you were my neighbor I would have told you to stuff it, I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal

And of course you consider yourself normal and I should take your word that you're not crazy.
What most of you don't understand is that 'sane' is all a matter of perspective. Is it illegal? Perhaps not.. is it wrong? Again, matter of perspective. Should I be scared for my child? Matter of perspective. My perspective is that I will protect my child from idiots with deadly weapons, not with deadly weapons of my own but with words.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

I believe that EVERYONE has the right to self defense by all means necessary. If a convicted felon who has paid his debt to society and has changed his ways, he too deserves to protect himself and his family.

There have to be exceptions for those felons who have abused a woman person by force and who likely won't change even after imprisonment. Infact, oftentimes prison or jail can make these type of criminals worse after than before their punishment. It just makes no sense to put a weapon back in the hands of a person who is a felon, not when the felon involved violence or death threats on another person. No sense at all.

Other felons can't [or shouldn't] be compared to those of the violent persuasion.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
If I saw you sitting outside playing with a crossbow (don't care what you are actually doing), I would have called the cops too. Better to be safe than sorry - particularly when it's being handled by a convicted felon.

Poor widdle diddums.
edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

There is no difference between me working on my bow or crossbow and the local drunk tuning up his car in his yard.
Should I call the local police and tell them I think he's tuning up his car so he can drive it while intoxicated?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Freedom?? Don't make me laugh! If I was in your country now there would be a rally to have me removed for voicing this opinion.

Not likely.
Unless you had your own talk show, on the news, or had another high profile platform on which to share your views with many others in a disrespectful manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join