It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So I'm sitting outside on this beautiful day (in the 70s here in NC), and doing general maintainence on my bow and crossbow, ie tightening bolts, waxing strings, when 3 cop cars pull up in front of my house. I sitting in my chair, smoking a cigarette, hands nowhere my stuff, the cops exit their cars, weapons drawn, yelling for me to get on the floor. I immediately comply and they secure my bow and crossbow. First they tell me I can't have them because I am a felon. Wrong!! I am legally allowed to posess these, ad demanded a supervisor to come. H came and said I was right. Then they told me they hada complaint from a neighborI was sitting out here with them and they were scared.
Good god people WTF!!! What if I came outside with a butter knife, would they come back?
This is getting stupid, real FRIKKIN stupid.
The end of this story is they gave me my stuff back and told me to do my maintainence in the house
Screw that, I enjoy being outside, and don't gie a good damn if these candy assed sheeple are scared of a damn crossbow.
Moral of the story is this: when they're done taking our guns, they will come after our bows and damn slingshots next
edit on 1/12/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

If you take it upon yourself to provide food and/or protection of your home, family, or property, you will be sought after and punished.

It is now the government's job to provide safety and security for you and yours.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

This has nothing to do whether or not I'm a felon, the point is sheeple flip out every damn time they see a gun or soethingbpointy, the LEOs didn't know I was a felon til they ran me

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh, I have to ask, was it an assault bow?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's a Parker hunting crossbow, let me see if I can find a pic online I'm on my iPad, still outside lol
Too nice to be inside

Found it : www.parkerbows.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have a piece of good Swedish steel in my kitchen. I suppose they'll be wanting that eventually. I'm looking forward to gumming my vegetables.

I don't see why a man who's been in prison for forging checks can't own a gun. As long as the crime was nonviolent I don't have a problem with it.
edit on 1/12/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now those Sniper Crossbows are no joke with a silencer attached!

High capacity feeders make 'em a real menace to society too. Oh the humanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
In case you were prosecuted for a felony which involved a weapon or violence I am all for taking every deadly weapon from you that is suitable to kill from a remote distance.
To be fair, I would vote for any law that would allow someone who's no longer on probation to take some kind of test where the felon can prove he has learned from his mistakes and can handle such a thing in a responsible manner.

Shall NOT be infringed... When are you people going to get that through your thick heads.

It does not say: If you are a law abiding citizen, nor if you have never been convicted of a crime nor, if you had an argument with a family member and plead out to misdemeanor battery you CAN'T have weapons.

It says, IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Period, end of story.

What about if the man was convicted of a felony for any of the following reasons

1. Driving with a suspended license (3rd offense is a felony)
2. Petting a sea turtle... yup, a felony
3. Riding a Manatee... this one is a felony too
4. Fed a gator? Felony charge
5. Did not pay child support? This too can be a felony charge...
6. Ran from the police because he feared for his life? An other felony
7. Paid with a check and did not have enough money in the bank because his boss paid him late... felony

So you are saying this man cannot protect himself / his family from a tyrannical .gov or criminals?
edit on 12-1-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My father is a bow hunter. Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. (yum!)

I don't know too much about bows or crossbows, but that won't stop me from learning then buying!

(sweet bow!)

(
high capacity bows! )

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Take it easy.

You've made good points. I, for one, agree with your views up to a point. I don't think violent offenders should be allowed weapons.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
. . . and then they'll come for your blowguns. And soon after that, your ninja stars.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is not possible to take ALL the guns from Americans, just talking about it has put Americans into a gun buying frenzy. They could make citizens feel safer by getting the incredible number of gangs off the street which would result in their guns collecting dust in a closet somewhere, but it is not in the realm of possibility within the next 20 years to legislate and enforce a gun ban in America. Violent crime would skyrocket and the only ones that would be safe would be the elite and government officials. Because they will have guns protecting them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Wow Homer that's a frightening insight into what seems to be coming over the horizon. As an outsider (from Europe) it is worrying how The US seems to be shapeshifting progressively into something that I believe most Americans are unable or unwilling to acknowledge.
I own a couple of bows myself and have trained with a Japanese sword for many years. Our own govt has outlawed the importation and purchase of swords in the past few years and my own sword which I had made and imported (at great expense) is now an illegal weapon to possess here in Ireland. A search of my house by cops for any reason would probably end up with it being confiscated.

Guns are very hard to get legally here, and handguns are banned completely, but I don't really like guns (thanks to a nasty incident in my youth) and I consider them loud messy weapons compared to the silent grace of a well aimed arrow, bows will be next for a ban here I feel so I can empathise with you and assure you that it is not only The US that is endeavoring to subjugate and disarm its population for some as yet undisclosed reason.

Originally posted by beezzer

If you take it upon yourself to provide food and/or protection of your home, family, or property, you will be sought after and punished.

It is now the government's job to provide safety and security for you and yours.

That is it in a nutshell, well put beezzer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!,

And after that, they will be coming for your steak knives like in the UK...

Just watch the UK to see what they are planning to do here in America, IF we ALLOW them to do it!!!! We must NOT allow it ever!!

I cannot imagine how foolish folks in the UK must be to allow nearly every one of their freedoms be taken from them. Soon they will not be able to have butter knives or pencils yet they insult American freedoms. Perhaps they are just so bitterly jealous that Americans have freedom and arent as spineless as they are I suppose. They are the perfect example of what a FREE country and a FREE people is NOT.

edit on 12-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
reply to post by YapTalk

Take it easy.

You've made good points. I, for one, agree with your views up to a point. I don't think violent offenders should be allowed weapons.

I'm just sick and tired of people saying: I'm a law abiding citizen so I get to keep my arms per the 2nd when this country jails more people than any other country in the world.

About violent offenders, if our justice system really worked, violent offenders would be locked up instead of being released by soft hearted judges that make a mockery of the judicial system.

I believe that EVERYONE has the right to self defense by all means necessary. If a convicted felon who has paid his debt to society and has changed his ways, he too deserves to protect himself and his family.

+ Rights are inalienable for each American citizen - that includes felons...

If not, they would be mere priviledges

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by beezzer

It's a Parker hunting crossbow, let me see if I can find a pic online I'm on my iPad, still outside lol
Too nice to be inside

Found it : www.parkerbows.com...

Wait till someone is assaulted with an iPad and then you won't be able to sit outside with that either!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Leo: sir, do you have a license for that iPad?
Citizen: no officer
Leo: you're under arrest for illegally possessing an ipad

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

The crossbow is my home defense weapon, every nite I cock it and load it with a bolt with a broad head tip on it, every morning, I discharge it in a block target in my basement

So now they move my thread to the grey area, guess according to the mod, it's not a social issue, just like they move second amendment threads to general chit chat

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems that some have missed the point. Homer was outside doing nothing more than doing some basic bow maintainence and worried neighbors call the cops. The general fear running through people has become pathetic. Their fear has started the infringements on our rights. Yet we hear that in NY stop and frisk deprives people of their rights and here we have peoples fear starting the ball rolling on depriving law abiding citizens of their rights. Funny thing though it's ignored that we as US citizens have all of our rights outlined in a document. But unless some self-righteous group is advocating for it it doesn't count. Homer this puts the memory of me and my dad cleaning his guns after the range in a new light.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join