It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

What Piers Morgan wants to distract the public from realizing is, if you take away firearms, criminals and crazy people will just go to the next best thing, which is explosives and those can be made out of common household cleaning products. There is no defense against crazy people and criminals. Laws only keep good people honest, they do not stop the criminal element because if they did we wouldn't have millions of deviants locked up in our penal systems so in essence our laws are not working otherwise we would have no criminals. You can lock up schools air tight, have police patroling malls and every block in america and it will not stop a criminal or crazy person from doing what they set their mind to do. Nothing you do will solve the issue. More gun control will not solve the issue. Banning guns will not solve the issue. If you ban guns, they will just resort to the next thing and then what? Ban that too? Going to ban household cleaning products? Going to ban kitchen knives? Going to ban cars? The laws are the problem and the laws are not strict enough on the criminal element and non existent for crazy people because they will get off on an insanity plea.

Laws do not work and there is no such a thing as justice and all of this is just an illusion, people like Piers Morgan want to distract us from. When a murderer goes on a rampage, it doesn't matter what you do to them it will never undo what they did to other people. When a rapist rapes a woman, or a child molester molests a child, or a serial killer does his thing there is no justice to be had in this world because nothing you do will ever be good enough. Execution will never be enough, imprisoning them for life without parole will never be enough. Laws do not work and there is no justice and that is the God's honest truth. All you are left with is treating shotgun wounds with bandaids in terms of mitigation.
edit on 11-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
He done a great job and maybe Alex jones should takes some notes from that...

Amen to that. As I said in another thread, I think Piers Morgan is a self-righteous twat and I'm FOR keeping the guns, but Alex Jones is just certifiable and definitely doesn't do his "cause" any favors (if he really has a cause, that is). I just found a video yesterday in which a caller disagreed with him and Alex shouted him down, saying that "your mommy didn't breastfeed you, that's why your brain never developed," and repeated that BS over and over. He just can't deal with criticism in any way, shape or form (not that Morgan could either, but at least he doesn't look like someone who just tore out of his straitjacket). I have no respect for either of them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Im NOT anti gun and i think piers is a bit of an ass but i think Ben Shapiro is also being a bit of a bully by using a headline like:

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book"

which will obviously just make any American mad and angry at Piers regardless of the content of the interview. They are BOTH trying to use public 'knee jerk' reactions to back up their arguments.

So even though i thought that Ben Shapiro was a very intelligent guy he totally let himself down by using a headline like that at his site.

edit on 11-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"People aren't stupid, they can make up their own minds."

Was that intended to be a joke?

Yes!

I most certainly do believe that there is at the very least a 50% chance of my government turning on me within the next decade because I am not stupid and I can make up my own mind. However, convincing naive and ignorant masses to believe otherwise is exactly what mainstream American media in it's current for exists for. So if they tell everyone that believing as I do is crazy, that's exactly what the majority will believe because he is wrong, people are kind of stupid and they are never permitted to make up their own minds.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I miss Larry King. He didn't insult his guests, he let them speak and didn't act like a bully.

I've stopped watching when they brought in Piers. He's a snob and I can't stand the way he talks down to people. I don't need someone from another country sitting on national tv telling our nation what we should do with OUR constitution. More than likely he will get booted off his platform. Sooner than later, I hope.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Piers is such a tool, he is so bold about his stance on this issue. Then he goes to throw it in the public's face that the laws (because he knows best for the United States) he wants e.o.'d into place will have very little effect. I feel he does just that when he pulls out the sudafed and says "It is illegal to go to wal-mart and buy this quantity". Well if it illegal it didn't seem to slow his attempt to obtain them.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Maddog5595 because: correcton

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd appreciate Morgan more iff he came back to the UK and debated knife crime, something that's a lot closer to home for myself, family and friends.

Nobody talks about that much here in the UK, well...the people do, but in the political arena? Not much, it's as though it's an acceptable part of our culture.

I just don't appreciate this guy in another country bashing the natives when he could come home and bash his own, because there's plenty of bashing to be done here. Kids rule the streets in urban areas in the UK, recently - some lads invaded the home of an old lady who lives near me and beat her with a machete, her image was plastered all over the media and it's burned into my retinas - everyone abhors such an act but not very many are discussing the root cause of such incidents...yet it's all part and parcel of everyday life here.

If there's one thing we have in common with the US and I'll agree 100% that it isn't being discussed enough - is mental health, drugged out of their faces, absolutely numb, killing for killings sake and it's the norm. It's actually something they do with pride - knife each other. People walk the streets of scotland with scars on their faces as if they're badges of honor, yet nothing is done to tackle the root cause of these issues, slap 'em in prison for 5 years, they do 2 and a half and are free to continue their criminal career having been schooled in the art of crime by hardened fellow inmates, it's insane.

The sad thing is, if guns were more readily available in the UK things would be worse here than they are in the states, we do plenty of killing without guns over here. Out government don't seem to care what the real cause is, they seem to think their misguided judgements when it comes to punishing these maniacs are a solution, prisons aren't the solution they're a consequence of our inaction...but nobody is caring.

I'm in my early 30's, I'm not scared of anyone, really...I mean I've been in a few situations and kept my head, and stood my ground, but I'm still quite paranoid...even coming home from work at night, you never know the minute. Being capable of defending yourself is one thing, but these idiots don't operate failry, there's no fair fights any more, it's 10 against 1. If someone wins a fair fight, the loser returns with a weapon and five of his pals.

Gangs of drugged and boozed up idiots attacking random people for no reason...with the intent to kill and it really is that simple...the UK is rife with it, especially in the big cities. I've spoken out in favour of CCTV in a few threads because I've seen some terrible things happen where I work (train station), some brutal assaults on people minding their own, usually poor, defenceless kids outnumbered, being stabbed, stomped on, beaten with bottles, bats...you name it, and I've seem the culprits being caught due to CCTV footage...I just wish I saw them being punished as they should be, you know? They get light sentences, do half of their time and are released to a community where their stupid friends think they're heroes.

And on the subject of justice, Morgan needs to answer up with regards to the phone hacking stuff. If the newspapers cared less about reporiting trivial matters, celebrity gossip - and more about real issues like violent crime - Morgan and his ilk would be more appreciated and the whole phone hacking fiasco wouldn't have happened...but it did, and he was part of it. Who cares if charlotte church is pregnant, or some actor had an affair with some actress...even when he was here in his native land, Morgan didn't care about the real issues that the people care and worry about on a daily basis, so yeah - he has a damn nerve.

Sorry to go off topic, just want to highlight something...Morgan ought to come here and argue against knife crime...we need someone like morgan to fight for us for once, we've got nobody.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't always agree with Ted but I do on this...he explains himself pretty well.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great job by Shapiro. This is the discussion that should have happened with Alex Jones. The 2nd amendment exists for a very clearly stated reason and should not be tampered with.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by _BoneZ_

FFs................THEY WERE NOT ASSAULT RIFLES!

These friggin people need to STOP parroting that they are ASSUALT rifles they are NOT assault files!

A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use

they are semi automatic rifles........with a different COVER then a wooden stock.........THATS IT!

If people who are pro gun would start correcting this freaking false terminology then MAYBE we could get an honest damn discussion

Ive just about given up correcting people on this. No matter how many times you say it. It doesn't sink in.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
I'd appreciate Morgan more iff he came back to the UK and debated knife crime, something that's a lot closer to home for myself, family and friends.

Nobody talks about that much here in the UK, well...the people do, but in the political arena? Not much, it's as though it's an acceptable part of our culture.

I just don't appreciate this guy in another country bashing the natives when he could come home and bash his own, because there's plenty of bashing to be done here. Kids rule the streets in urban areas in the UK, recently - some lads invaded the home of an old lady who lives near me and beat her with a machete, her image was plastered all over the media and it's burned into my retinas - everyone abhors such an act but not very many are discussing the root cause of such incidents...yet it's all part and parcel of everyday life here.

Those pukes would have thought twice if Granny had a .357 waiting for them.

I am sick to death of this twat waffle. Morgan (and CNN) have become so blatantly obvious in the agenda they are trying to shove down the American peoples throats it's nauseating. I'm just happy to see that there are a sizable amount of people in the U.S who aren't buying it.

Being a Canadian, I envy the freedoms Americans have when it comes to firearms. Up here you are practically treated like a criminal if you even consider purchasing a handgun.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Mr. Morgan has his opinion and has a right to have it.

His show is not a real journalistic show but just a silly show to get ratings.

He is the Jerry Springer of the news world. He gets to have a show and prosper because everybody watches the show and the ratings are all the network are after.

If people really cared and didn't want him on they would just boycott the show. If the ratings suck the network would can his ass and send him on his way.

He is nothing more than a Jerry Springer type who pushes peoples buttons on whatever topic is hot and emotional at the time....

Quit watching........

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

dude piers morgan can fuch off. i hope that one day he gets syphillis from all the libtard a$$ kissing and nutjobs himself into poverty stricken full blown syphillis. piers morgans iq is .0 to the thirtieth power1 and has probably never worked a day in his whimpy "i'll gladly pay you tuesday for your constitution today" piers morgan can fuch off

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Nice find!

Piers Morgan has really buried himself lately with his illogical stance on gun control. One of the best arguments for the 2nd amendment I’ve ever heard is from a victim of gun violence. If you’ve never seen this I urge you to watch it and share it with as many of these anti-gun nuts you can.

This video deserves its own thread.

Thank you for sharing.

Powerful words of truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ooh Ooh I know I know.....ship him to Iran!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's amazing the number of Globalist that think they have the right to criticize sovereign nations and cast doubt on their foundations....

Pierce is a Globalist....I don't ridicule the UK for his twisted views and arrogant positions...he worked for Trump for God's sake...he has no reality within him.

The Constitution is still the greatest governing document ever written. I do not care what the Globalist have to say about it. It is the closest thing we have on the planet to fair and equal governance...it is not perfect, but it is damn close...if nothing else...in idealism.

Folks...we are being assaulted from those that want to see a return to monarchy and privileged. These folks feel their "luck" has entitled them to something more than the rest of us can have...which is kinda funny. I have seen the "high and mighty" fall to below the level of normality...but that is another tale.

Pierce can suck it or go home...but I don't think his "home" really wants his arrogant @ss anymore...he better drop and lick boots....if he wants to "be somebody"...he better remember this is the only land where that can happen and the system he criticizes...is the system that allows that to happen...he is a moron.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
On a lighter note...did everyone else start laughing when AJ began to mock PM's accent? I did, I watched it twice and it was even funnier the second time.

I take Jones with quite a dash of salt, but he can be funny at times...he's a difficult man to pin down, part of me thinks he's just a good ol' fashioned conspiracy nut who's perhaps a tad unstable, another part of me thinks it's all quite contrived at times and he's deliberately trying to tarnish the alternative thinkers among us with the loony brush, I dunno.

Anyways, just outta curiosity...who else laughed?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't understand this guy. If america is going to do its own thing whether it be on a road to its self destruction or the opposite. Whats it got to do with him? This man is a pompous idiot who does NOT represent britain, he is a flaming idiot.

They argue about what guns are used. Instantly the ignorance is obvious. Get rid of guns, people get knives, get rid of knives, and people will just use anything they can get hold of, were theres a will theres a way. Argue about a consequence instead of the cause of the real issue. I lol'd

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I never watched piers before but now I can understand why some people want him deported.
edit on 11-1-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And yet again... not ONCE does SCHOOL SAFETY come up in the interview from either one of them!

Look at what we did after 9/11 people... have you been to an airport lately? You can bitch and moan all you want about the TSA , but crazy terrorists aren't flying planes into buildings anymore now are they? Did we ban crazy terrorists or planes... no. WE LOCKED DOWN THE FREAKING AIRPORTS!

Now you see the lengths we will go to, to protect commerce, but what are we doing to protect OUR KIDS?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join