It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

you can still have guns just not military grade,

The AR15 is NOT military grade. Nor is it even an assault weapon. It is a Lightweight, Magazine fed, Gas Powered, Air Cooled, Semi Automatic weapon. The ONLY difference between this weapon and a hunting rifle is the caliber, and magazine (ammo) capacity.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

NAY, the "death toll" didnot go down, violent crimes and deaths actually went up when they banned the gun. So in affect, banning guns did absolutely nothing to stop people from dying.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Its not about guns dude. It is about guns but its not about guns thats just the first step.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

HUH? Can you clarify what you mean please? I am totally confused as to what you are getting at. Or maybe i need some sleep.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by DarknStormy
He done a great job and maybe Alex jones should takes some notes from that...

Exactly. Alex Jones, Mr. Fear-Mongerer himself, made himself look like a total loon and an embarrassment. It almost looks like Jones is bi-polar. If Jones wants people to take him seriously, he needs to become a little more civilized and professional. More people will listen to him if he changed just a little bit. He has the platform.

But will he change? Likely not.

Just because he is adamant and outspoken, and gets a little emotional about what he believes in, that makes him a loon?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
The liberal left uses terminology to set precidence.......and they are doing it with this......

...And its working..........even conservative commentators are calling them assault weapons.......stupid....stupid.......stupid

Then maybe that should be one more clue telling you this has nothing to do with a "liberal versus conservative" thing. In fact, "liberal" and "conservative" are often used as artificial party-line constructs almost as bad as "democrat" and "republican" are. Used to divide. Used to get people to more easily swallow a propaganda hook.

People are not one-size-fits-all in terms of their beliefs. Those who are, are often status-quo don't-rock-the-boat sheep. On many issues I am about as "conservative" as they come, and this whole ban-weapons frenzy is unconstitutional nonsense that needs to end.

I find it upsetting that so many so-called (fake and media-hyped) "liberals" would strongly advocate stripping people of their freedom to protect themselves. What is "liberal" about that?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

People are not one-size-fits-all in terms of their beliefs. Those who are, are often status-quo don't-rock-the-boat sheep. On many issues I am about as "conservative" as they come, and this whole ban-weapons frenzy is unconstitutional nonsense that needs to end.

Exactly

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I swear to god... I've never in all my life heard a more retarded argument than the one that Shapiro and other Gun lovers keep repeating.

"We need Assault Rifles and AR-15's just in case a tyrannical government, years down the road, tries to get us."

I swear to god.... I've heard people spout the same crap on ATS.

THE most PARANOID nation on the planet.

What an excellent point. Ridicule. Classic tactic. Did you get that straight from the COINTELPRO handbook?

(How's that for a "paranoid" post?)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
lol piers was pretty cool, calm and collected while debating shapiro. piers made some excellent points, especially when he pointed out shapiro blaming gun control ideas on the left, and then quoting ronald reagans own gun control beliefs! the fact that people cling to the bill of rights and declaration of independence as the end all be all to all laws makes me cringe because these very laws and rights were penned at a time when only white men had rights. should we go back to slavery and not allow women the right to vote either?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have been a member and following this site for years.

In my younger years I believed in the Michael Moore view on guns in America.

As the years went on, I changed my views to more of the Ben Shapiro point of view.

I think what has happened lately in regards to Piers and having Alex Jones on and then Ben Shapiro, was actually very effective and interesting.

It was almost like a one-two sucker punch!

Alex Jones is a hero because he did what no one else had ever done. He charged first. He made the noise that woke everyone up. And yes it was a loud obnoxious bullhorn that got everyone in this internet meme, link sharing culture talking about.

And yes, some of the message got lost in that fiery, outrageous, and idiotic interview with Alex. But it opened the floodgates. People at work were talking about it. Kids were making videos about it. But it brought it out in the open. So thank you Alex.

Then everyone had their chance to show their ignorance and think they got a win.

Then Shapiro showed up. And he showed the flip side to the argument. But it was the same argument.

Just as those who were quick to put AJ (and therefore arms advocates) at the top of the nutjob list, when it comes to this Shapiro interview -- crickets!!

That's where we come in. I believe this is an important counter point video because it shows Piers terrible tactics and allows for a different kind of discussion. A real discussion.

The fact that Piers trotted out the same tired stats and did his darn best, he was served.

I don't believe in gov't deportation of Piers but I suggest that those who do support gun rights use the mechanics of the machine against itself.

Who are the sponsors of the CNN during the Piers Morgan show?

Stop buying their product. Stop watching CNN.

Use the voting power of the dollar. Be vocal about it and watch his show disappear.

Then tune in to the new Ben Shapiro show on CNN

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If Piers Morgan disagrees with our founding documents and American way of life, why is he even here? The man is subversive to our beliefs and is trying to undermine our Constitution! Wasn't that once called espionage? The man should be charged as a spy and prosecuted as such!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I bold my fist when he question sharprio about tyranny in America

edit on 11-1-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Great interview and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Piers get owned. It's amazing how many times Piers asks a questions but refuses to let his guests finish their answers to his questions.

F Piers Morgan. Thank god his show is fail and he can thank Alex Jones because for a short while the USA took interest in his failed program.

F Piers Morgan.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just awesome. Thanks, OP.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
400 deaths per year isn't a good enough reason to make anything illegal. They're erroding the 2nd amendment. If it's easy to take something away over a couple shootings, it will be a piece of cake for the rest that cause the 8,000 other deaths per year. They're not being honest, they're in it for the long haul.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by seabag

Nice find!

Piers Morgan has really buried himself lately with his illogical stance on gun control. One of the best arguments for the 2nd amendment I’ve ever heard is from a victim of gun violence. If you’ve never seen this I urge you to watch it and share it with as many of these anti-gun nuts you can.

Heart-wrenching but excellent video, thanks.

Banning "assault" weapons will make no difference.

It takes 1 second, just 1miss(drop mag)iss(raise arm)ippi(load mag) to reload a gun.

In addition, the vast amount of crimes are commited with handguns. Rifles are used in many shootings because they look scarier. Ban them and all that will happen is they will carry multiple handguns and magazines instead.
Or worse, make a bomb.
edit on 11-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As a journalist, Morgan isn't well respected in his native UK having allegedly been involved in the phone hacking scandal, not that he was respected much before that.

He's a hack (for want of a better word) and he's making things worse if you ask me. We all have an opinion but I've seen him call gun advocates "stupid" and "idiots" etc on television, which is in itself a stupid thing to do. It doesn't matter whether or not he's right, some things are best left unsaid, he's inflammatory and seems intent on making this worse...seems he's on some self-righteous crusade.

Despite my not liking him much, I'm kinda worried, because I feel he's putting himself in a dangerous position, you just can't act like that on television, deriding a nation. Plus he's a damn cheek, one thing's for sure - we've been robbed of our constitutional rights here in the UK, selling out to the EU which some view as an act of treason - yet many don't either because they don't know the magna carta exists or think it's no longer important...it too gives the people power over the crown/government should they become tyranical. I think if our government went rogue (more so than they have already) the majority would sit back and allow it.

I might not agree with certain aspects of the american constitution but at least the american people care about their constitutional rights, which is more than we can say in this country - many people in the UK don't even know we have a constitution or think it no longer matters, which is why we're living in a police state.

I hope for the love of god nothing happens to Morgan, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did, because it'll only make things worse - wish he'd keep his silly mouth shut...and come home. he's doing us and himself no favours.

I don't know what his true agenda is, but it's starting to look as though he's trying to drive a wedge between the US and the UK, which I, personally, don't want...I don't think many of us do - wish he'd just shut the hell up.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Piers Morgan is a great man.
I don't agree with Morgan at all, but I don't think he should go home. Instead, we should continue to welcome him!

His perspectives largely are derived from the European/British side of things. Our constitution and founding principles were established with the knowledge, reason, and experience of our founding fathers. Although the founding fathers were not perfect and the interpretation of the constitution at the time excluded many groups, they knew history, they knew what they were protecting against.

What I'm trying to say is that, in a rational debate just like this one, the constitution and fundamental American principles will always win. It is always guaranteed to win. Piers Morgan is a great man because he shows us what our founders fought for, when he has people debating these fundamental issues such as gun rights, he makes his CNN audience think about the constitution. His audience can see some European guy's (no offense to European people intended) point of view on an issue such as gun rights vs. what the constitution and the founding fathers had to say about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
Another reason to deport that piece of garbage Morgan... he's not even a citizen and yet he's talking against the founding document of the country!

How is he not classified as a foreign agent trying to destroy the US?? He should be arrested and sent to Guantanamo for his BS... there he'll learn what government tyranny is that or deport him to North Korea where he can fully live what happens when everybody is disarmed and psychopaths take over.
edit on 11-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

Agree 100% please do he wont be coming back to uk any time soon..He will be wanted here also..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
As a journalist, Morgan isn't well respected in his native UK having allegedly been involved in the phone hacking scandal, not that he was respected much before that.

I agree, I sincerely believe that the only reason they chose him is because he was a celebrity on American Idol and other similar shows so they figured that people would like him. I really think this will make or break him, depending on which way things fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join