It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
it's your own stupid fault for letting him in, he's yours now so suck it up

"your" fault? I didn't even know of this horse's caboose until he was spouting his pompous #e all over the MSM which I am faintly aware of due to lack of participation in this heinous charade.

If I could fart Brittish, I would do so in your direction and I'm a US citizen... yeah eww

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Every time I watch an interview with Piers Morgan I can't help but start feeling angry, as if I want to slam my fists on the table and roar at him to shut his trap and stop interrupting and talking down to the guest. The man just makes my blood boil every time. I know that I shouldn't wish harm on anyone at all, but I honestly want to see a guest of his fly across that table some time and just clobber the prick.

I'm not American but like the majority of you here on these discussions I certainly don't like where all this gun legislation talk seems to be going.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I kinda like what AJ did, Piers Morgan had too many people talking calmly to him..I liked seeing something he never gets, a man screaming in his face and telling him straight out you will not take our guns! lol. That's not to say I don't appreciate someone putting him in his place calmly though either, I just liked seeing him get a good chew out!
edit on 12-1-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is completely absurd!! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Rather than sign a useless petition all those people would have been better served by writing, calling, emailing and faxing CNN demanding that PM be fired, and refusing to tune them in until changes were made. Hit them in the ratings.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

That makes a lot more sensible than calling for someone to be deported because you don't agree with them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

And as for your Constitution.
Yes, it's a great work and something to be proud of.
But the apparent sacrosanct veneration and idolisation that seemingly the majority of Americans afford it is viewed as quite bizarre by many people from outside the US.

That is because those who find our way of thinking bizarre aren't fighting to keep what they have intact, fear losing it, have lost so much already in the last ten years, and mostly because they don't live here.. so even as they might read a lot of what we talk about, they can't feel it. They can only imagine how we think/feel.. but can't grasp how very important our Constitution really means to us. Losing it would feel like all of those who fought & died for it be all in vain.. and that it's all been a lie-lies. Maybe it is, but please allow us our illusions.

But the minute you start limiting people's freedoms strictly in accordance with your own opinions is the minute you start that walk down the road to the tyrannical government and society that you allegedly so much disprove of.

I understand what you say, but Morgan isn't a citizen here and has a huge platform on which to influence others (how many is not relevant really),.. so I think that makes it more personal for those of us who do live here and who have ancestors who fought for the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thanks for the video post.

The irony of all this is amazing. Considering the the second amendment was born from the battle against the British red coats. Our forefathers realized that the everyday common man was equally powerful against the Brits when they formed into militia's and was already good marksmen. In the time of need armed citizens can hold there own. The British was brutal killing everyone in sight men, women, and children. Burning everything they came across totally unchecked. So Mr. Morgan that is why we have the 2nd amendment. Rights to bear arms against tyranny.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Anyone who watched this video and thought Morgan got owned is living in a deluded fantasy world. As mentioned already in this thread, the way some people fawn over The Constitution and revere the 2nd, is cringe-worthy.

It seems as though some people think politicians back then were benevolent demi-gods with nothing but love for their people(apart from the black ones, who weren't considered people yet) and every following govt has beeen a little more corrupt than the last one. It's obvious these people would rather continue amassing more weaponry and prepare to kill their fellow Americans again, than do the slightly harder job of picking more decent politicians to serve the public and ensuring their police and military leaders aren't the types who'll command their subordinates to carry out atrocities against its populace.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
lol piers was pretty cool, calm and collected while debating shapiro. piers made some excellent points, especially when he pointed out shapiro blaming gun control ideas on the left, and then quoting ronald reagans own gun control beliefs! the fact that people cling to the bill of rights and declaration of independence as the end all be all to all laws makes me cringe because these very laws and rights were penned at a time when only white men had rights. should we go back to slavery and not allow women the right to vote either?

The Constitution!

Who is asking that we go back?

It's about principle as well as protecting our rights, our freedoms that were fought for and won.. just like women being given the right to vote, and the war to end slavery. By your own logic then, perhaps they will reinstate slavery, or discontinue womens' right to vote.. because that's change equal to ending the second. If we allow them to continue stripping us of our rights, soon we will have nothing left worth fighting for.

And I'm not a Republican or a conservative.. nor do I own a gun.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

I understand what you say, but Morgan isn't a citizen here and has a huge platform on which to influence others (how many is not relevant really),.. so I think that makes it more personal for those of us who do live here and who have ancestors who fought for the Constitution.

Going back the same amount of time, my ancestors were Scots who were a thorn in the side of the English, and had they all been caught and hanged, I wouldn't be here typing this. Now I live in the NW of England, should I still be harrying the Crown and trying to disrupt English rule?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Anyone who watched this video and thought Morgan got owned is living in a deluded fantasy world. As mentioned already in this thread, the way some people fawn over The Constitution and revere the 2nd, is cringe-worthy.

It seems as though some people think politicians back then were benevolent demi-gods with nothing but love for their people(apart from the black ones, who weren't considered people yet) and every following govt has beeen a little more corrupt than the last one. It's obvious these people would rather continue amassing more weaponry and prepare to kill their fellow Americans again, than do the slightly harder job of picking more decent politicians to serve the public and ensuring their police and military leaders aren't the types who'll command their subordinates to carry out atrocities against its populace.

Not from around here eh?

We don't "pick" our leaders here in the US, they are chosen for us, and then we get to pick one or the other. Generally worse or worst... which might just be the very best reason we have for keeping our right to bare arms

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

You were conned into killing each other to fulfil the political ambitions of power-hungry whores; there is nothing noble or just about any civil war.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Going back the same amount of time, my ancestors were Scots who were a thorn in the side of the English, and had they all been caught and hanged, I wouldn't be here typing this. Now I live in the NW of England, should I still be harrying the Crown and trying to disrupt English rule?

I don't understand the analogy. Who here, is trying to disrupt rule.. besides Morgan?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Not from around here eh?

We don't "pick" our leaders here in the US, they are chosen for us, and then we get to pick one or the other. Generally worse or worst... which might just be the very best reason we have for keeping our right to bare arms

If that's the case, it's because you have spent more effort on increasing the availability of firearms than you have in ensuring that the political process rewards benevolence before ruthlessness.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You were conned into killing each other to fulfil the political ambitions of power-hungry whores; there is nothing noble or just about any civil war.

Never said there was. Are you giving me a History lesson because I assure you, I'm well aware that our leaders were not gods, but were ambitious politicians.

And yet.. we do have the Constitution and those leaders whom you describe as "power - hungry whores" are working to amend the second for their own agenda.. do you honestly believe it's really about these recent killings, or could they have a more nefarious purpose.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I don't understand the analogy. Who here, is trying to disrupt rule.. besides Morgan?

Prior to the time the CONstitution was wrote, YOUR ancestors were contesting English rule and mine were doing the same. I'm asking you, should I still have the mindset of my ancestors, or should I be able to see that what happened than has no relation to my life now and that a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, changing the landscape in myriad ways?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

That is because those who find our way of thinking bizarre aren't fighting to keep what they have intact, fear losing it, have lost so much already in the last ten years

Of course people are fighting to keep what they have intact all over the world.
The USA is not unique or remarkable in any way in regards to this.

....and mostly because they don't live here.. so even as they might read a lot of what we talk about, they can't feel it. They can only imagine how we think/feel..

Fair point.
But the same goes for anywhere else.
You have no idea or understanding how passionate and how entrenched in other nations psyche are the ideals that they cherish.
Yet Americans seem to believe that because they worship 'The Constitution' that they are somehow unique in their belief in Freedom and that they are somehow special.

but can't grasp how very important our Constitution really means to us. Losing it would feel like all of those who fought & died for it be all in vain.. and that it's all been a lie-lies

But your Constitution isn't under threat.
The fact that there are 27 Amendments to it proves that it has always been a fluid and evolving document.

Why are people getting so uptight because someone suggested that maybe The Second Amendment should be reviewed?

Maybe it is, but please allow us our illusions.

The harsh realities of adulthood may just shatter them illusions one day.

I understand what you say, but Morgan isn't a citizen here

And neither were millions of other immigrants into your country.
Are you saying that The Constitution only applies to existing US citizens?
If so I'd suggest that contravenes the very essence of The US Constitution and the ethos of The United States of America and it's Founding Fathers.

so I think that makes it more personal for those of us who do live here

It's no different at all to when Americans criticise aspects of other nations etc - a quite frequent occurence.

and who have ancestors who fought for the Constitution.

We all have ancestors who fought for something - my ancestors fought and died for things they passionately believed in, things that are getting dismantled by the current administration - the US is not unique, nor is it that special in that respect.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
As a Brit, I feel a bit ashamed of Piers going into a foreign country and slamming their own laws, rules, ideas etc.

I don't know much about the constitution but what I do know is that it is a big deal!

He has no right to slam it or lead a crusade to change it.

However,

In saying so, and with all due respect, I do feel that maybe it should be a little harder to get a gun out in the states. I know if I lived there I would probably want one, as for some reason I feel that if any country is going to have a revolt or social breakdown, US wil go first. (No offence intended, UK will probably go the same day!!). But I do think it shouldn't be so easy to get a gun. I know you have your checks etc, but it is still very easy in retrospect.

All things considered I love America and I think it is a great country and I mean no offence or harm!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Reading through this thread is actually quite enlightening.
It shows how tribal and angry people really are.
There's nothing like a difference of opinion or opposing view to bring out the xenophobe in people is there?

People who are saying things like "I want to hurt Piers" and also "if he hates America so much then leave" or just plain 'ole. "deport him" should seriously think about the implications of what they're saying.
Debate is so heated in the US, so toxic and poisonous, it's really very sad.

Piers isn't acting any worse or better than anyone else on TV or in politics, this is apparently where America is at right now.

edit on 12-1-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join