It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan "slams" down U.S. Constitution, says "Your little book" while getting baked.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

What a BS interview. I'm sick of these shooters getting away with blaming it on mental illness. Most of these people that commit these shooting are cold calculated killers not mentally ill. I have schizophrenia. When I was sick there was no way I could have planned anything that these people have done. Now because of these mass shooters their coming after my gun rights. I am a sportsman and I've been hunting my entire life. As a citizen I can't go out and purchase a gun.

Not only can you not purchase a gun - they'll come after your other rights as well. Your entire life is about to become public property

The people behind this are furious that the names of gun owners are published because that's about their rights - but in this country the rights of the mentally ill are not important - and in fact they'll do nicely as a deflection and a scapegoat

Who is making the argument that a person (mentally ill or otherwise) would kill far fewer with a conventional weapon? Not the people screaming the loudest right now

They'd have us believe it's not the weapons fault - and finding fault is the prize in all this. We'll all feel safer I'm sure when we start locking up our mentally ill citizens - and every little thing a student or co-worker or family member does will be suspect

Notes will be taken and files will be kept - and records will be made accessible...

Yes - that will be just the thing to fix this mess

We have the right to bear arms - let the witch hunt begin - because everyone knows witches don't have rights

edit on 1/12/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Shapiro stated that sometimes governments go tyrannical.

Even if the american government stepped it up to the next level americans would still do nothing

EDIT
You have had chances but still choose the way of the lounge chair/keyboard warriors.
edit on 12-1-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That you think not being able to fire an AR is a punishment speaks volumes about your addiction to your freedoms, ie. guns.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Do you recognise the difference between prohibition and regulation?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the U.S. Constitution is amongst the top 3 or 4 documents ever written - excluding religion.
the magna carta, habeas corpus, the federalist papers and the U.S Constitution.

the worst - NDAA and the unPatriot act.

kinda wonder if he even knows of a U.K. constitution.
settlement of 1701 - right - guess they make it up as they go.
turn off the agenda driven alpha waves and these silk suits will fade away.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I wonder if Piers Morgan has any body gaurds and what type of weaponry those guards hold.
In America they will need guns, America is a warzone, everyone needs guns.

Anywhere normal and they will just use their hands.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Would you, placed in that situation rather of had the opportunity to at least try to save your parents lives?
Like she said in the video, sure it could of jammed or she could of missed, but would that be reason enough for you to not even try?

If I was going to indulge in wishful thinking it would be that people didn't get the urge to drive through cafe windows and shoot the place up, rather than that every individual had the coolness of character to take out a rampaging lunatic when the occasion arose.

Originally posted by Skinon
The way the American government has managed to become the way it has, is from unlimited spending into the PR and media of it's citizens, slowly worming it's way into the mind of the average person. Not just the average 'American' because their government has the whole WORLD in its hand literally.

From the genius minds and insane budgets associated with this slow take over, would you not expect anything less in hindsight? All of a sudden ALOT of information is becoming extremely available extremely fast, so the consensual 'wake up' of the world to America and its people is one of a 'too little to late' attitude. I think deep down people know the only way it will change is civil war to oust the corrupt and bring them to real justice, once the government takes their guns, well then what's the use of freedom of speech when your shouting at a prison wall?

I going to take a guess that you've never spent a day imprisoned in your life. If you think your lives are restricted, you need to have a closer look at the world beyond your shores.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

When you regulate something, you decide what can and cannot be done.
That is the very essence of prohibiting, because in order to create the regulatory power to make you choose option A rather than option B, they must prohibit option B.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Anyone who watched this video and thought Morgan got owned is living in a deluded fantasy world. As mentioned already in this thread, the way some people fawn over The Constitution and revere the 2nd, is cringe-worthy.

It seems as though some people think politicians back then were benevolent demi-gods with nothing but love for their people(apart from the black ones, who weren't considered people yet) and every following govt has beeen a little more corrupt than the last one. It's obvious these people would rather continue amassing more weaponry and prepare to kill their fellow Americans again, than do the slightly harder job of picking more decent politicians to serve the public and ensuring their police and military leaders aren't the types who'll command their subordinates to carry out atrocities against its populace.

OMG!! Are you people thick!! There is almost no decent politicians! If one were to run they get buried by the media thanks to the government (i.e. Ron Paul). Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter!! They are all part of the same agenda and the same crooked government!! They only differ on "policy" slightly so we have the illusion of freedom of choice! When they get in office they rarely get much accomplished unless it is something that the banking industry and/or lobbies want! The whole system needs to be reworked and if they keep pushing for tyranny it is going to get reworked the hard way and not the way that any sane person wants it to be done!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I wonder if Piers Morgan has any body gaurds and what type of weaponry those guards hold.
In America they will need guns, America is a warzone, everyone needs guns.

Anywhere normal and they will just use their hands.

What about women who are physically incapable of fighting off a 225 lb rapist with her bare hands?

Gun prohibition is facilitating motivation for rape and all sorts of stuff by removing any defense the victim may have.

Isn't it time we put this fallacious "Im tough I use my fists" argument to it's grave?
It's 100% unacceptable.
It allows the big fighters to dominate everyone weak that isn't a skilled fighter.

Guns allow the weakest among us to have equal power, thus evening out the odds.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We have made up are own mines you are a douche bag morgoon.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Going back the same amount of time, my ancestors were Scots who were a thorn in the side of the English, and had they all been caught and hanged, I wouldn't be here typing this. Now I live in the NW of England, should I still be harrying the Crown and trying to disrupt English rule?
IF it were your intent to honor your ancestors, yes ... however, you've already revealed your passive preference, haven't ya ?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Skinon

Her having a handgun in her purse would have done nothing for those hit by the truck or those who were shot while she was still gathering her wits, and as she readily admits, it might still not have helped stop the carnage, had her gun jammed or she'd missed with her first shot. Why can't you just accept the obvious - the more unregistered guns there are in a society, the greater the chances are they are going to be used in a criminal act?

REALLY?? really?? So because something detrimental MAY have happened she should not have the right to defend herself! That is what you are saying!! For God's sake will you listen to yourself!! Are you advocating dictatorship! And her gun was REGISTERED and not ILLEGAL. Don't be obtuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

reply to post by Skinon

Her having a handgun in her purse would have done nothing for those hit by the truck or those who were shot while she was still gathering her wits, and as she readily admits, it might still not have helped stop the carnage, had her gun jammed or she'd missed with her first shot. Why can't you just accept the obvious - the more unregistered guns there are in a society, the greater the chances are they are going to be used in a criminal act?

REALLY?? really?? So because something detrimental MAY have happened she should not have the right to defend herself! That is what you are saying!! For God's sake will you listen to yourself!! Are you advocating dictatorship! And her gun was REGISTERED and not ILLEGAL. Don't be obtuse.

Gonna let you in on something, but I bet you already thought of it a few times at least.

Who has a motivation for prohibiting guns on individuals like women?
You can fill in the blanks. It's a really obvious answer.

And that answer screams "Arm women!"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm asking you, should I still have the mindset of my ancestors, or should I be able to see that what happened than has no relation to my life now and that a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then, changing the landscape in myriad ways.
only you can answer such a question.
if you do not hold the beliefs of your ancestors and you willingly submit to the authority claimed over you, that becomes your will, does it not ?

your submission is your decision and not one that Americans favor.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

When you regulate something, you decide what can and cannot be done.
That is the very essence of prohibiting, because in order to create the regulatory power to make you choose option A rather than option B, they must prohibit option B.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Prohibition means you get no choice in the matter. Alcohol is regulated, medicine is regulated, the use of motor-vehicles is regulated, all without causing the downfall of mankind.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
See folks, this is the ultimate weakness in the anti-gun arguments.

Women and their rights to defend from rapists.
And rapists who want to disarm them.

Exploit this.
Their weakness is revealed to all.

Control the argument, they have no decent rebut to this.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please don't deport him, we don't want that slimey **** Piers back in the UK.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I don't submit to any authority. And I don't feel like a prisoner in my own land because the gubmint wont let me keep assault rifles.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
See folks, this is the ultimate weakness in the anti-gun arguments.

Women and their rights to defend from rapists.
And rapists who want to disarm them.

Exploit this.
Their weakness is revealed to all.

Control the argument, they have no decent rebut to this.

Stop bashing this "WE WANT ALL YOUR GUNS!" strawman, your flailing is making a mess of the place.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join