It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops All Out of Ammo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Going to make their confiscation door-kicking all that tougher I guess.

The Sandy Springs Police Department is facing a shortage of tens of thousands of bullets and is scrambling to restock. The neighboring counties are facing an equally dire situation, with both practice ammunition and duty ammunition in short supply. Douglas County Chief Deputy Stan Copeland predicts it could be 6-8 months before the back-orders come in.

“We’re going to get very concerned at the six-month level if that’s all we have in stock, because then we have to start planning and rationing,” Sult says.
link

Can't say this doesnt make me smile. As a population law enforcement are sick with stress, self-medicating, violent outbursts and crime.

If there's one population in this country that shouldnt be armed it's them.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Maybe they can buy some extra from the DHS, I hear they have plenty!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Yeah, I just thought about that.

Maybe there's a reason why the feds are stocking up the wazoo while they let the let the locals stock run dry.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh geez. I work in Sandy Springs and was just at my range/gun/ammo shop. They have home depot-sized shelves to the very high ceiling full of ammo for sale. Guess the cops don't shop there.

ETA: I'm going to the range again tomorrow and will take a picture if no one yells at me and post it here.

EATA: And aside from qualifying what twice a year, just how many rounds do the Sandy Springs police actually fire a day? Or a month?
Most of what they do is unsnarl traffic.
edit on 1/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'll bet some local citizens have a few spare cases they could sell if asked real nice.

After Obama so kindly caused a run on all the ammunition on the open market, nationwide and at levels never quite seen before ... I'll bet MANY MANY citizens have many many cases of ammo now that they didn't have just a month or two ago. I can't help but laugh though. They kinda out smarted themselves this time eh?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wonder if they're going to ask the general public to donate their bullets.
I wouldn't put it past them. After all, as long as the police have bullets, the public is safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Oh geez. I work in Sandy Springs and was just at my range/gun/ammo shop. They have home depot-sized shelves to the very high ceiling full of ammo for sale. Guess the cops don't shop there.

Government jobs are funny. If you need a roll of tape you cant stop at the office supply store and pick it up. You have to order it through proper channels at a markup and lengthy time delay.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Government jobs are funny. If you need a roll of tape you cant stop at the office supply store and pick it up. You have to order it through proper channels at a markup and lengthy time delay.

Keep in mind that police don't use standard off the shelf FMJ ammunition. They usually use +P hollow point ammunition

I also think they could get a small loan from DHS for say 25000 rounds or so and it wouldn't even put a dent in the massive DHS supply.
edit on 1/9/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That too, even though the article does say they're "taken to local shops" or something to that effect.

ETA: Bet the ammo manufacturers are loving this press.

edit on 1/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My question is how many rounds have they been firing to be running low so soon? They had to have a few hundred each on the first.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nows you chance to take down the government like most people fantasizing about!

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
My question is how many rounds have they been firing to be running low so soon? They had to have a few hundred each on the first.

Well, once a year they have to qualify. That's about 50-60 rounds.

Then they have to put 70 or so into black youths holding cell phones four or five times a year.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Yes, and the IRS, FDA , NOAA and a host of other Federal agencies that seemingly have very little need for the MILLIONS of rounds of HOLLOWPOINT ammo that they so recently requisitioned.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
from the link

Police in Atlanta, Georgia have been forced to delay training exercises due to a shortage of ammunition.

What training exercises, aside from the shooting range, require live ammunition?

Why are they running low?

A spike in gun and ammunition sales has caused a nationwide shortage that has delayed police training exercises and is putting a substantial amount of weaponry in civilian hands.

The cops ammo distributors certainly cant be the same as the publics?

Watch, there will be a public shooting there this week and they'll say "We could have stopped em' if they didn't have more ammo than us" lol...

Here is an actual solution, put competent instructors at the shooting range!
edit on 9-1-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe this is related or not but I've had a pretty big bulk order into a distributer that I use regularly for several weeks now that I was due to receive in February.

Not 5 minutes after posting this thread I was contacted and told that it wouldnt be shipping until September.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Then again I have seen police videos where one criminal took nearly 300 rounds of ammo to kill. Of course only 2-6 actually hit the perp the rest showed the homes and pavement who was boss.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If there's one population in this country that shouldnt be armed it's them.

That's quite a generalization. Sounds more personal than accurate.

Not everybody is a self-reliant hero. I don't know this Sandy Springs but there are likely real criminals committing real crimes on real victims who rely on the municipality law enforcement for protection.

Promulgating with a wide brush further widens the gap of mistrust between the public and public servants, IMO.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Because American's are stocking up.

Based in the heart of Texas, Ammo To Go is an online ammunition store that stocks factory new ammunition, custom loaded ammunition, and military ammunition. Ammo To Go is the primary online source for Military Surplus, Incendiary, Raufoss, Tracer, and Specialty Shotgun ammo. Ammo To Go supplies sportsmen, hunters, and law enforcement throughout the United States. Contact us at 979-277-9676 or email [email protected]. Please stay a while and look through all the ammo we have available by clicking on the type of ammo you are looking for in the categories section to the left.

NOTICE At this time, we are not accepting any order changes or combining of multiple orders. Once an order is placed we cannot make any changes to the order. If you need to add additional items you will need to place a new order. If you need to remove or change items on your order you can email and we will cancel the order and you can place a new order. In an effort to serve our online customers effectively, we are temporarily suspending walk in sales of ammunition. We will welcome walk in customers again once we have processed our current backlog. If you have already placed an order for local pick-up, you may pick up your order in our office, once you have been notified that it is ready.

Due to the extremely high volume of orders that we are receiving at this time we are experiencing a shipping delay of 22-24 business days. Though we have a high order volume here at Ammo To Go we have a real time inventory system. If you were able to purchase your product we do have it here at our warehouse.

The delay is not a stock issue, we have your product that you purchased here at the warehouse. At this time we are getting more orders than we can physically ship out. If the product was online at the time you placed your order we do have it in stock here at our warehouse. If you do not see it on our website it is out of stock. As with everything nothing is perfect if we do see that there is going to be an issue fulfilling your order you will be notified by phone or email at that time. If you do not hear from us, you can rest assured your order is in line to be shipped out to you. We are working hard to meet the demand with additional shifts, additional days, and additional manpower. It is our intention to serve everyone well. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your business!

www.ammunitiontogo.com...
edit on 9-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
think about it this way...

the big gov agency has plenty of bullets and money... your local law enforcement who could possibly side with you and protect you does not, they are also understaffed and under funded...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Holy Backorders Batman!

The feds ordering millions of rounds had to have been part of this problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join