It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see a cat in zero G?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here's a link to a video of a cat in zero G! I hope PETA never sees this.

cat

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
HAHAHA smuggling a cat on the vomit comet.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The poor thing bounces off the wall then spins so fast it wraps the leash around itself like a yoyo!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Cool, but the first trow against the wall was a little hard i think.
The cat allmost bounces back to the other wall...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Your link appears to be down

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancid1
Your link appears to be down

Its up. That vid is hilarious. I can see animal rights taking this out of control though.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yeah they probably will. They will use that video to prove how NASA is hurting some blind salamander in the middle of death valley 100 feet deep in a cave. Jeeze what a tradgedy.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey! Im wondering what else they do in zero G.... Anyone noticed the two hot chicks in the vid... I think the lady in red has a smoking zero G body lol

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I haven't watched the video but wouldn't animal lover object? I OBJECT if an innocent animal is being hurt! For one...any idiot knows what would happen without doing such a thing....two only a cold callous person would find it "cool". I'm also wondering "why" it's here, at this site, on these conspiracy boards and intend to find out!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
WATCH-OUT!

The PC police are back!

Run for cover and hide all your cat videos!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ack...I'm an animal rights activist, who also happens to volunteer as a kitten rescuer.

This is downright wrong, because humans have the power of choice and the power to communicate their choices amongst each other.

Animals do not have the right to communicate their choices to us. Perhaps NASA has used some of their overfunded resources to invent a feline communication device, but I sincerely doubt it. That cat is an unncessary laboratory animal, plain and simple. The concept of throwing it aroud in a plunging jet is no different than spraying cosmetics into its eyes.

I am pro-animal testing, but only for medical purposes. What medical purpose does this even touch upon? You've already got human beings up there having a grand old time, why the !@#$ are they throwing a cat around, when it's already been proven that humans can tolerate 0G's?

I love you guys, but sorry, that video urinates me off.
Dot.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I agree dotgov why can't Nasa just tie a firecracker to its tail like normal people?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad someone understands this! This "is" abuse because any fool/idiot already knows what would of happened...I don't find hurting something, whether human or animal, something to do for someone's warped pleasure. It's a person of low character to find enjoyment in the suffering of something that is innocent and can't help itself. Usually it is simple human compassion. What does have to do with anything that this site would promote? Nothing that I can see.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV I'm also wondering "why" it's here, at this site, on these conspiracy boards and intend to find out!
www.boingboing.net... It's all over the Interent and now part of the popular "digital culture" that prevails. Since the origins are clearly the U.S. Air Force, perhaps a discussion of why the USAF would sanction this, then place it as an education video is in order. Certainly animal lovers (of which I am) would be upset over this. But the motto of "deny ignorance" suggests we dig for answers and not engage in knee-jerk assumptions. Now that the government origins are known, perhaps someone can research?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Now that the government origins are known, perhaps someone can research?

Tha's all fine...but I don't think that's "why" it was put here...or at least, it certainly doesn't appear to be hte reason....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I love animals..

I have cats and dogs..They are all my buddies!
I also watched the video.
I laughed, I felt a little sorry for the critter, but I still laughed..

The reason the leash wrapped around him is that he was constantly trying to right himself and land on his feet..but which way is DOWN!?

He wasn't hurt, and I bet he went home to a big bowl of Friskies, and a beer..

Whats to say that this was not an official experiment..?
Cats have an extremely good sense of up and down, I think it was interesting behavior to observe...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I owned a cat once that I had to give away because I was moving. Where I was moving to the cat had been to ONE TIME. The people who lived there were allergic to cats, so I had to give her away to a family who lived two counties away. You know what happened? That cat showed up on my doorstep one month later, dirty and thirsty. The family didn't put her there...she had walked. And crossed I95.

Tell me that that's not an intelligent being. I'm sure if all of us where thrown out in a field on a cloudy day, no one would be able to determine north from south.

Also, cats never meow to each other. They meow only to human beings, because that is the only way they are able to talk to us. Cats communicate with each other by body movements. I've seen three of my cats perform a complex operation by working together.

opening the cupboard
choosing their "treat" can that was hidden amongst human food cansd
dropping it onto the floor
opening it
devouring it.

Three cats participated in this. They're not stupid parasites that poop in your garden out of retardation. They are highly intelligent, are able to memorize their territories in a 2-5 mile radius, and are seasoned killers who can work as a team to kill animals twice their size.

It's posts like these that make me want to see cat-jokers in a cage with a Bengal Tiger. I bet your mind will change quickly as your laughter turns to screams.

But I still love you guys...
Dot.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV but I don't think that's "why" it was put here...or at least, it certainly doesn't appear to be hte reason....
So this would be the first time a thread evolved from the original intended purpose? It's very odd that we have a more ardent and swift reaction to this, than the reactions to detailed analysis of beheading videos. I don't suppose it will be too long before pets venture into space with their owners... someone had to be first... someone had to see what troubles lie ahead.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's very odd that we have a more ardent and swift reaction to this, than the reactions to detailed analysis of beheading videos.

Apples and oranges. With all respect to the families of the beheading victims, the victims chose to be in Iraq, and knew the dangers of such. I am not saying that they asked for their fate, but again, humans are able to voice their decisions amongst each other!

I don't suppose it will be too long before pets venture into space with their owners... someone had to be first... someone had to see what troubles lie ahead.

Yeah, the troubles being a cat ricochets off walls when thrown around. If the cat was BORN in a 0G environment and adapted to such with time, that would be fantastic. I'd give a standing ovation.

But a cat squirling , thinking it's falling, with a leash wrapping around it (they probably needed the leash to drag the poor thing on the plane) serves no scientific purposes.

Incidentally, can't you privately charter such a flight?

Dot.

edited for editing

[edit on 27-10-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
According to Boing! Boing! (who made this video popular), this video originally came off of an official USAF website that was about Cockpit Physics. It appears to be a discussion of physics that affect pilots, and covers subjects like pulling Gs, munitions delivery, virtual velocity, laws of energy conservation, and more. I'm sure they had a purpose for putting the cat in a zero G situation. Apparently they have taken the video off their site now so I don't know what subject this was under.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join