It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see a cat in zero G?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Apples and oranges. With all respect to the families of the beheading victims, the victims chose to be in Iraq, and new the dangers of such.

yes it is apples and oranges, one is a situation in which human being were killed another is a situation where a lesser lfeform was temporarily made uncomfortable.

Cats are nice pets to some, a source of food to others, and nuisance to still others to compare the worth of a cat to a human being is absurd.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Cats are nice pets to some, a source of food to others, and nuisance to still others to compare the worth of a cat to a human being is absurd.

Then why compare them to beheading victims?

Also, if this was a serious experiment, why don't the human participants appear serious?

Sorry for my beliefs...well, not really...
Dot.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Some people have no sense of humor.

Stuff worse than this happens every single day to animals and humans, some might say well the cat had no choice and some are comparing it to going to Iraq and being beheaded and its their own choice that they went to Iraq.

But let me ask you this would it be right in saying that the kid down the road who commited suicide because he was bullied at school deserved it because it was his/hers choice because they chose to go to school?I think not and i dont see half of the people complain about choices when this sort of things happen.

(Bullying is the best example i can think of,im sure there are plenty other things to compare)

Back on topic now the cat uses its legs to spring off each surface, which could have been the point of the experiment to see if cats rely on gravity to right itself, i highly doubt any military would risk filming animal cruelty and posting it on the net.

Im glad this thread was kept open

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
of course it served a purpose.
Thats how they devolped this.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Whoa!

All cats should be replaced with these hypoallergenic cats asap.

I have bad allergic reaction to cats and iv been in hospital twice because of them.

I have to avoid them at all cost, because the sensation of almost not being able to breathe is not good at all.

To these new modified cats!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So wouldn't that make it a GMC?
hmmmm wonder f it comes in diesel?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have a cat. I have had him for a little over a year sisce he was a 6week old kitten and I find this video...............HILLARIOUS

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I thought the video was cute, but I didn't laugh about it. And I don't understand how this is being cruel. The cat wasn't harmed in any way, trust me people do worse things to cats that see their reaction to zero gravity.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In re the cat wrapping itself up in its leash while trying to right itself:

I found that very interesting, the speed with which the cat attempted to right itself repeatedly.

I supppose I am abusing my lab when he wraps himself around the deckpost when I am working outside? I find it absolutely hilarious that he will wrap his leash around the 4x4 in an attempt to get one or two feet closer to where I am working. It's even more funny when he barks in that certain way to tell me "Come over here f--ker, I'm stuck." My reply is always "You got yourself stuck -- get yourself unstuck." And 30 seconds later he has regained 20 feet of freedom on his leash.

So I guess I'm cruel because I don't run over and free my dog -- which would encourage his behavior by my positive reinforcement of coming to him and freeing him.

On the flip side, at the very end of the video it appears the one lady is attempting to either secure or comfort the cat.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier
Here's a link to a video of a cat in zero G! I hope PETA never sees this.

cat

I can't even watch it. Because it will burned in my memory. I don't understand the people that think animal torture/testing is funny. It's not. I think animal torturers should get life in prison. They're headed down a bad road when they start torturing animals. It's a sociapathic road. There's a gene missing when people can do things to innocent creatures. It shows up in serial killers. If I were ever a serial killer...it would be of animal torturers.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They didn't take the cat into zero g and "torture" it, they just free-floated it to the wall a couple of times to see if it would be able to land on all fours. It obviously wasn't hurt, and I think you guys are making way too big of a deal over it. Especially by calling it "torture" without watching. How is that not being ignorant?

Just because it was funny doesn't mean it was torture with no purpose.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy

Originally posted by Soldier
Here's a link to a video of a cat in zero G! I hope PETA never sees this.

cat

I can't even watch it. Because it will burned in my memory. I don't understand the people that think animal torture/testing is funny. It's not. I think animal torturers should get life in prison. They're headed down a bad road when they start torturing animals. It's a sociapathic road. There's a gene missing when people can do things to innocent creatures. It shows up in serial killers. If I were ever a serial killer...it would be of animal torturers.

This is exactly the point. Way over the top without seeing the video.

You havent even seen the video, yet you come to the conclusion of animal cruelty then launch into a tirade of serial killer rants...

Chill out, relax eat some nachos, download the video watch it and you will see its nowhere near on verging torturing animals, if you want something burned into your memory then go download a beheading video then tell me how cruel the cat movie is.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
lol that was so mean, i could feel that cats hate. i bet it was soooo pissed off.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The cat actually did pretty well landing on the wall, but then it tried to jump down to the floor, and that just doesn't work well in this case. It doesn't look like the cat is mad, it doesn't fight them when they pick it back up. The two ladies actually seem very nice in the way that they handle it. Interesting how the cat still considered the plane to have a floor even when it couldn't get there.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It actually looks like the cat tried cling on the wall when it first made contact, and it thought feck this aint going to work il try bouncing off and land onto the floor.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
I love you guys, but sorry, that video urinates me off.
Dot.

I'm going to have to steal that one from you

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That is severely sick!

Very funny.....but sick!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
that's funny....

I used to take my girlfriends cat and do "breakdance kitty" in the kitchen..

take him and lay him on his back and spin him around...

while singing "breakdance kitty"...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
that's funny....

I used to take my girlfriends cat and do "breakdance kitty" in the kitchen..

take him and lay him on his back and spin him around...

while singing "breakdance kitty"...

I did that once
I felt pretty bad afterward and havent done it since though. I felt bad because it was so gd funny watching him roll in the same spot 20 times before he stoped. Then he got up and tried to walk. tried would be the key word here

[edit on 10/27/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is a video that was funded by NASA in the 90's to see if cats truly always land on their feet. It was funded at a cost of 132 million dollars maybe one of the hot chicks snuck in thier cat.

Bottom line is it was not hurt, and it is a cat. A cat people. This is a pet in the US, food in South Asia. Their are people in America who will put thier cat on dialysis, so I see where the cruelty arguements are coming from. There was no blood, no broken bones, only a cat spinning around in zero-g which was very funny in a sick kind of way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join