It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a little too bright. [TLDR Orange]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Geesh,,

Enough is Enough.

The TLDR ORANGE is killing my eyes.

Can someone do something about it?

If I wanted the SUN to rise at NIGHT, I would ask for it.

The advertising is just horrid.

Going back to my Movies.

Ridiculous.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

The TLDR ORANGE is killing my eyes.

It's horrible. Absolutely horrible.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Careful now... TLDR is SkepticOverlord's baby.

Tread lightly, or he will be upon this thread soon.

Plus, there's already an ironically titled thread to complain about annoying ads:

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
reply to post by Manhater

Careful now... TLDR is SkepticOverlord's baby.

Tread lightly, or he will be upon this thread soon.

Plus, there's already an ironically titled thread to complain about annoying ads:

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

Indeed.... When treading around the base of Mt Olympus, don't look up and tell Zeus his favorite feature looks silly. ..Or at least seek shelter from random lighting bolts first?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I like it, very ASIAN.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Blah, the less you know the better I guess.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I agree but on the side note, who are we to complain? We come here to read threads, not look at what's around the boarder of ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Explanatiuon: Uhmmm?

If one uses windows then there is a fix.

I use windows and IE.

This ATS as per default size setting ...

Hit Ctrl & + (or -) to zoom (+ = in & - = out).

This is ATS Zoomed in ...

Note the lack of orange sides!

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The last time this happened I left ATS and only checked back to see if it was gone...doing the same thing again, goodbye ATS.... unbelievable

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Don't care.

It's petty and stupid.

For whatever reason they put it back on.

It's annoying.

Period.

If they want me to come back, take it off.

Period.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
who !!!!!!!!! cares ! as long as you get the info right ? .....
seriously have we become so spoiled ?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Not only is it bright on the side, but there is also a bright side.
I can skip the vitamin D supplement this week. awesome.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
who !!!!!!!!! cares ! as long as you get the info right ?

I know I'm just one of many members here... but I am a member... I wouldn't have been if the site had been orange. I would find it horrendous, and would not have signed up if it was the norm. I assume most don;t care, but I also figure there's quite a few people like me out there who'd find it off-putting... people who might be visiting, and seeing the dreadful in-your-face-orange, and chose not to sign up.
edit on 6-1-2013 by aspiechick because: Messed up the "itallic" signs.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A great example of extreme problems man faces on a day to day bases.

The orange is fine. As OL has said. Easy way to not see it is to zoom.

For someone who has provided you a place to discuss alternative topics, you could be a bit more appreciative of him, rather than blackmail by saying you will leave if it's not taken off.

It's a bit of orange on the border. Live with it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Don't care.

It's petty and stupid.

For whatever reason they put it back on.

It's annoying.

Period.

If they want me to come back, take it off.

Period.

What a truly sad post to wake up to and read this morning.

The audacity of some of the opinions expressed here just amazes me. Last time I checked you do not own this website. You do not own any part of it. If you did however then your complaints on how it is run and what it looks like, no matter how rude, would be justified and some action upon it could be taken. But, the fact remains, you do not..

You are a visitor here, a guest. This is not your home, it is the home of the owners, the 3 amigos as they're known. To come here and be overly rude about an advertisement of theirs that is aimed towards helping others out there is truly unfortunate. I mean really, let's be fair here. A simple complaint about something is absolutely fine, and it always will be. No issues there. But being rude and flat out disrespectful, well, that's a whole different kettle of fish and completely uncalled for. If you don't like it well then ok, fair enough, let's see what we can do. But this right here, It isn't that at all. It's something different and much worse.

Genuinely, I'm really saddened to see replies such as this. There's expressing an alternative opinion respectfully and in a way that is constructive, and then there's attacking and being rude for the sake of it. I'm sad to see this. We're better on ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
To come here and be overly rude about an advertisement of theirs that is aimed towards helping others out there is truly unfortunate.

I don't think it's the advertisement that's the problem (I checked it out, and quickly exited the site as it was even more orange! Hahahaha!) - I think it's the in-your-face-orange. If it was just the writing on the side (on the regular color) and the logo, then I don't think people would have an objection.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Do purple next!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

That's not the point.

The point is that you should be more respectful to the people who put a lot of effort into THEIR site, that they invested time and money into.
If you want to complain about a small problem that is insignificant in the world of problems and go as far as to blackmail, then it would be best you leave.

Like RisingAgainst said, you don't have to like it, but you don't need to make bad-mannered comments to address your disliking.

The people that enjoy ATS for what it's used for can appreciate and tolerate a bit of change.
Complaining about a change to something that is not yours, that you don't have to pay or complete anything to use other than a registration, that provides a lot of information for no price other than band width, and lets people feel belonging in a community is rather pathetic.

It's like me coming to your house, to get things for free, then saying I'll leave because I don't like the color of the wallpaper.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well obviously the problem is monitors. They make them too wide these days.

You can use some gaffa tape, colour of your choice, to cover the sides of your monitor so that only the text in the middle fits. It's an easier task than working out if you're using IE or FF or Opera or Chrome, all these choices, Damn it, what ever happened to just plain old Netscape Navigator. Should make it a mandatory standard to include this with windows 3.11 and above. Solve a lot of issues.

But anyway, covering up the sides will work fine. Dark blue or deep grey would be best I guess.

It might be a problem however if you want to watch a movie later. You'll have to work with the options in your media player to skew the aspect ration back to a reasonable 4x3 standard. Some players let you do this easily. You'll have to check with your software.

So I guess, I've got the answer. Ban large monitors. It's the only way to deal with orange on the internet.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

I think purple would be good too.
It's like a racing stripe, and I'm sure it's making my browsing experience even faster..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join