learn more

It's a little too bright. [TLDR Orange]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Your avatar is very appropriate for this thread manhater

I kinda like the ad though, the sloth looks so happy..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Manhater
Drinking and orange do not mix well.

Did you try vodka? They say it goes well with orange.

(I don't know, I don't drink vodka or other alcoholic drinks)

It's giving me a headache.

Are you sure that's because of the orange?
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hangover is gone now.

That's how I'm able to reply.

Only took two hours.

St8 up Jager for me.. Vodka is gross.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I kinda like it!

It's tangy!

Anyhoo, personally I think that the content of the site, the topics broached and the quality of its members/posters is the important thing.
I do keep humming 'Tangerine' by Led Zep' for some reason!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can't believe this...

(In my Rod Serling voice) Imagine if you will, that Above Top Secret and the internet existed in 1933. A young widow posts a new thread:
Hello everyone! My youngest son found an orange in a parked delivery truck this morning. After cutting the black part off, we peeled it and there were two slices each for me, my two sons and my daughter. We ate them - seeds and all! Still don't know what we will have this evening. The soup line hasn't formed, yet...

2013 Post:
Orange! ORANGE?!! How could they??? It looks terrible!!! I hate It!!!

Just a little perspective...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Im surprised so many dont know how to adjust their screen-percentages to widen-shorten, or use brightness controls on their monitors. C'mon!

I have the most vivid colors everywhere on an average notebook and PC's at home and work. The orange is not bright at all.

With very bright colors elsewhere...the orange here as a matter of fact...is quite dull...almost brown as well.

C'mon folks......learn something new. Even on old and o-l-d-e-r PCs.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
First world problems... I had to check I was at the right site the first time I saw the ad, I'm not used to ATS being so bright and cheery hehe. It does contrast the dark blacks & brownish-greys quite badly but meh...I don't spend much time at the top of pages so I'm not too bothered by it. As long as it doesn't start playing music and there's no audio yelling at me or popups/popunders I'm happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think it looks ok. Cant beat a bit of orange

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi,

Sorry, I am not posting to commiserate with you all over the color thing, although I don't care for it either, I really am just posting because I don't know where else to post about the TLDRer.

You knows I loves your toy, Stremor.

But where is the stuff? It says 'tldr-stuff'.

I am having trouble squeezing any hilarity at all from tldr as it is, and I was hoping for some fun 'stuff', that might allow me to say, paraphrase KJV bible entries in a way that provides funny vernacular syntax.

Please sirs, just a little Monty Python? I am having to work too hard with it to make it funny.

I suppose in today's world of 'diversity' we might insult someone, huh?

No, wait! Has idea!

How about making a corpus out of Poe and Hawthorne and then use that? It would be unfailingly hilarious, and insult no one who is alive except maybe vampires.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Xoanon because: pleeeeease???

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's probably a fix for this, i can imagine ther eis a way to block the image specifically but i'm not 100% and wouldn't want to start posting walkthroughs, if there is any, and get banned

ad hasn't bothered me, but would rather it went back to a dark colour so my screen is less bright at night

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the good thing is that it's really only the space of one post, so once you read th efirst post it's gone

and it could be worse, at least the image doesn't move down as you're scrolling down, like a lot of ads do. it's stationary so that's okay

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I just scale my browser window to hide it.
Simple.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by Manhater

I just scale my browser window to hide it.
Simple.
Me too, I dont know about you but Ctrl + works for me

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You can use a plugin which toggles the background to black in 1 click, although it might not be allowed here, given that people here are not allowed to use adblock.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree 100% Manhater,, The orange has got to go. The cutie Sloth may stay , but please , my least favorite color in the universe. I would go for a more sedate color, the orange is not gonna cut it. No way I am clicking on an orange thing-a-ma-bob-to take me to more orange madness. Ouchie!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't realize so many of you footed the bill for the server!! Personally, since I use this site for free I'll gladly accept any color they feel like using with gratitude for access to the site!
SMS

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree, the orange is quite jarring after looking at so much calming gray down through the thread.
I thought after the last time, we were free. At least it doesn't extend all the way down to the bottom. Now that would really suck!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It gone again...think you ATS, as you can see I'm now logged on again.
all smiles again.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Wow, I didn't realize so many of you footed the bill for the server!! Personally, since I use this site for free I'll gladly accept any color they feel like using with gratitude for access to the site!
SMS

I thought all of us here footed the bill, ATS depends on the advertising, and the advertisements depend on us to click and hopeful buy whatever they are trying to sell. Make your customer unhappy and neither will happen…

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution