It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheists are Unrelenting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Perfect Love is God's Gift of Himself to us. The way you use the word "worship" implies oppression, but we are free to love God or not to love Him, and because I choose to love Him does not mean that I am oppressed by worship, but I am sanctified by it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Perfect Love is God's Gift of Himself to us. The way you use the word "worship" implies oppression, but we are free to love God or not to love Him, and because I choose to love Him does not mean that I am oppressed by worship, but I am sanctified by it.

If we do not love "God", then we are condemned. I notice you didn't define perfect love.

sanc·ti·ty
/ˈsaNG(k)titē/
Noun
The state or quality of being holy, sacred, or saintly.
Ultimate importance and inviolability.

So...in loving "God", you become ultimately important? What happens if you choose not to?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is no way to define "Perfect Love" as it can only be understood by man's spirit.

When have I ever said "condemned"?

Why do you try to twist my words and destroy their meaning to make me sound like an oppressor. I have shown oppression in no way.

I have never said that I become important, but rather I place my spirit's concentration upon what is important. Let's just say that worshiping the Sanctity that is God, sanctifies us.

This argument has become a in-comprehensive as the supernatural is hard to understand. Very few can understand God's glory, and it is for That which I speak. I do not speak to prove myself nor to prove a deity, but to give the True God glory.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So.. If I'm perfectly happy to tell a numerical majority to hold their opinions....Why would a group far below 10% within any of those same studies, census reports or other methods to determine numbers figure they'd be any more welcome or tolerated? I'm just curious on this because I know you, OP, aren't outright obnoxious and pushy. Plenty others are though ...and I've always wondered what makes a super-minority in the grand scheme of things, figure they have the right to be?

Thanks for your honest opinion, Wrabbit.

I must ask you to consider how Christianity became a majority. They spread their beliefs by word of mouth. This is how the real truth must also be spread (that religion and gods are a fabrication that is a plague upon mankind). It's working too. Atheism is growing.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolNamesWereTaken
reply to post by jiggerj

change the photo of Santa looks horrible, now u will say santa has been planted in to my brain, then i might say that your opinion is quitr right, nice tought

Here is a clip on how spaghetti is harvested. I wonder how many kids would take it at face value and grow up believing it. I wonder how many here don't really know where spaghetti comes from? Should we tell them the truth.

edit on 1/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The root of Logos is Logic, and Jesus' position and "argument", including our relationship with the Absolute Godhead as children of a loving God, is based in reason and logic.

Do not assume when we speak of spirit and truth, or a fully informed infinite intelligence that we are talking about an anthropomorphized "grand pubah" in the sky.

The truth is that it's both by far more complex and more simple than the atheist in his close-mindedness, presumes with utter contempt prior to investigation.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There is no way to define "Perfect Love" as it can only be understood by man's spirit.

Yeah? Einstein says something about that:

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

When have I ever said "condemned"?

Of course you didn't. You don't think of it in those terms. The bargain - one dedicated soul in exchange for eternal salvation - is a hellish bid for safety. Fate and flaw are placed in the hands of fully capable gods. And yes, "Satan" may well be considered a god. The amount of damage he's capable of causing in this day and age, as he's supposed to do...the damage he's already been blamed for, and even "God" won't kill him. "God", despite his power and his foresight, has failed to eradicate an evil specifically designed to corrupt his crowning creations, commanded by one of his very own angels. What coincidence is this? Haha. They're equal in every way. And no, I'm not promoting Satanism or anything like that. I'm just explaining how I reached that conclusion.

Continuing, the bargain is a terrible one. In it, you have developed a habit of mistaking humility for subservience. You are willing to lay your life down for a god who could convince you that your life is an important sacrifice and would burn you to ashes. And you would die praising him for such a death. Give your soul to Satan and you do the exact opposite. You serve only yourself, instead of anything but yourself. Whether it be "God" or "Satan", that amount of veneration is never healthy without an equal relationship deal going on. It weakens you, undermines your self esteem. You think you can't do anything without him. Not that all faiths do it, but some show a distinct tendency. See, I'm not atheist. But a problem I personally have with some faiths is that they are too dishonest. Not everyone is like that, but you know, it's scary. Because you look around, and you wonder if they're like the equivalent of Russian sleeper agents. At any moment, a hologram could be flashed onto the sky like the Batsignal and a great voice tells all of its followers to, say...kill themselves? Would they question it? Electromagnetic waves projecting sound into their minds? Could they fight a "god" they've be trained to trust with their lives?

And that's really the other half of the problem right there, half of the whole problem. While a mystical law of all laws of physics, the grand daddy of every pretty trick the universe has to offer, could be scientifically proven in 200 hundred years or so...subscribing to the belief that you should sell your soul to a textbook "narcissistic sociopath [which] is a tendency to view others not as fellow human beings, but rather as tools or means to an end,", for protection from his pet wolf.

Why do you try to twist my words and destroy their meaning to make me sound like an oppressor. I have shown oppression in no way.

I never said anything about you. I'm only talking about the faith. The faith is not you. The faith doesn't need you. The faith, should its forefathers rise from their graves, would gladly sacrifice you if it meant keeping their dirty secrets, the truth about its domination.

I have never said that I become important, but rather I place my spirit's concentration upon what is important. Let's just say that worshiping the Sanctity that is God, sanctifies us.

Sanctified for what? Why do we need to be sanctified? It's witchcraft!

This argument has become a in-comprehensive as the supernatural is hard to understand. Very few can understand God's glory, and it is for That which I speak. I do not speak to prove myself nor to prove a deity, but to give the True God glory.

The supernatural is hard to understand, eh? You obviously understand it very well. Please, enlighten me. Is it not worth explaining?
edit on 5-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by retirednature

The Glory of God reigns above human thought and I am happy to be able to give God glory in my speech.

Who told you that?
Or did you just make it up?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Im confused as to why atheists waste so much of there time and life arguing and whining about religion. You dont believe nor care for it yet for some reason you constantly talk about it? No wonder the bible thumpers never leave yall alone.

Did you not read the OP? You know, the one that gives the reason why atheists are unrelenting? I mean, it's only the purpose of this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Without challenge, there is no triumph. Without triumph, no joy. Without joy, no meaning. And without meaning, no purpose.

And without verifiable truth, there is no challenge - we can just make $%!T up all of the time. Without substantiated fact, there can be no triumph, because to triumph humans need to immerse themselves in logic - they cannot just pray to a spaghetti monster and expect to win.

Joy can be false joy, as in feeling joy over something that doesn't even exist.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by vaelamin
Im confused as to why atheists waste so much of there time and life arguing and whining about religion. You dont believe nor care for it yet for some reason you constantly talk about it? No wonder the bible thumpers never leave yall alone.

Sunday. Easter holidays, Christmas Holidays, Christmas television, evangelical snake-oil peddlers, and all the other buggers that get as loud in reply to the noisy xtians.

It's stuck to us like a bad smell, and so you will forgive some of us, if we happen to appear to be constantly shooing away the flies.

I went to a doctor once, and I tell you no lie, he tried to give me a christian pamphlet. And still charged full price.

Besides, don't you think it's a nice thing, to try and help people see the light? We're all over 2000 years old now, time to stop playing with childish things..

Wow! Your words are more powerful than god's! I'm thinking of kneeling down and praying to you.

Umm, can you re-grow an amputated arm? Oh, never mind, god can't either.
edit on 1/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Wow! Your words are as powerful than god's! I'm thinking of kneeling down and praying to you.
Umm, can you re-grow an amputated arm? Oh, never mind, god can't either.

Does "God" even lift?

edit on 5-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
Spoken with all the zeal of a "true believer", of course. Judging by behavior alone, leaving philosophical motivations aside, I can't tell the difference between atheists and religionists. You guys are like Democrats and Republicans.

How can you even think that when we know that both political parties are wrong?
When it comes to Atheism vs. religion, one of us is right, and it's not the one where you get to kill those that don't agree with you or have to eat and drink someone's body. BRRRR, gross!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

it is incorrect. The truth is simple.

an eternity of creation without noticing God Who has created it? Creation is not eternal, God only is.
edit on 5-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Who told you that?
Or did you just make that up?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

wouldn't the robot be programmed by a human and therefore hold that human's beliefs?

That makes perfect sense! How do you go from being perfectly rational to this:

God gave us the ten commandments. One of those being, Thou shalt not murder. Remember this is your god screaming: "DO NOT MURDER - I FORBID IT! But, in the time when the New Testament comes to pass, if you beat my son bloody, nail his a$$ to a cross, give him poison to drink and stab him with a spear until you've finally murdered him - I will begin to forgive all sins."

Where does your rationality go when you think of this as perfectly logical????

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

God said that we are gods as we have dominion over the earth by means of our soul which animals and materials do not have. But Jesus has inherited all things from the Father. Anything that we have that can even be called close to divine comes from God and is not ours, or else we would destroy such with base actions.

That is why God gives association with His Divinity to those who go through the "dark night of the soul" only. Otherwise no man would be worthy of a connection to Divinity as they would take ownership in pride.

When did god say this?
Or are you just making it up?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Are we not made in God's Image?

Well, no. Why would a god need a nose to breath with?
A mouth to eat with?
Ears to hear?
Does he have the plumbing required to use the bathroom?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

God is not anti social, He does not mind if we seek His Love as He Loves us in a perfect way.

Who told you that?
Or are you just making this stuff up?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Jesus' position and "argument", including our relationship with the Absolute Godhead as children of a loving God, is based in reason and logic.

This is really good to know! Now could you please tell us what some of this reason and logic is? Anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I would be lying if I said I knew where to start in replying to your posts.

I will start with the ones in which you wrote the same thing:

I speak for the glory of God. I have read many books so some of these thoughts come from them, but only because God has allowed me to retain what is the truth in those books, as I may not agree with what is said in the entirety of a work.

Also the Holy Spirit inspires me to write certain things.

Next reply:

"God gave us the ten commandments. One of those being, Thou shalt not murder. Remember this is your god screaming: "DO NOT MURDER - I FORBID IT! But, in the time when the New Testament comes to pass, if you beat my son bloody, nail his a$$ to a cross, give him poison to drink and stab him with a spear until you've finally murdered him - I will begin to forgive all sins."

Where does your rationality go when you think of this as perfectly logical???? "

You do not mention His glorious resurrection, but it was part of what needed to happen to show that the ways of the world are passing away. We must look at Jesus as the Man Who denied His Humanity in order to give us Himself.

The Image of the Cross is that of Perfect Love as I have spoken with another. It shows God loves us to the point of being tortured to death, so that we may see that our sin is completed in the executioners of Christ. That is where sin leads, to the destruction of our own soul.

That is where we go if we follow sin.

If Jesus is followed to the death, and we endure all earthly suffering beside Him in faith and hope, then we shall be resurrected and we shall ascend to Heaven.

Jesus gives us the example of how to live godly. The world lives in a way, where they do not want God. God promises us Heaven if we go against the grain of the world by living in the name of Jesus.

God shows us that it is not the physical body which matters, but it is the spirit of man, and we should never yield to the ways of the world because spiritual harm is much more sever than physical harm.

I rationalize spiritually when it is need but in some cases I need to use "common sense" and that is what I use in the particular comment to that individual.

Next:

" Well, no. Why would a god need a nose to breath with?
A mouth to eat with?
Ears to hear?
Does he have the plumbing required to use the bathroom?"

This one is easy. God is Spirit, and our spirits have His likeness and are able even to reflect Him
God is not a physical man.

glad I could clear this up, peace to you and to the members who have read this thread and the comments contained wherein.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join