It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheists are Unrelenting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The believers in a Grand Poobah in the sky want to know why atheists are fanatical in their attempts to shut down religion and stop unfounded beliefs. When they beg me to stop, this is what they are saying (though they will most fervently deny it):

What they are saying is that we should never let the children in on the secret that Santa Claus didn't come down the chimney and put those gifts under the tree.

If they come up with the idea that chocolate milk comes from chocolate cows, DON'T CORRECT THEM.

When a frightened little darling wakes you up in the middle of the night and tells you there's a monster under her bed, you must say something agreeable like, "Yes, there IS a monster under your bed."

Let's just have these kids grow up with these beliefs until these beliefs become fact for them. Once these beliefs are firmly planted in their heads there will be no way to convince them of such absurdities. Take one of these now-adults to a dairy farm to show them there's no such thing as chocolate cows, and they will claim that the farmers are hiding the chocolate cows, or that they only live in Hershey, Pennsylvania. No matter how you try to prove it, they will defend their stance with ideas that will become more and more ridiculous.

And, of course, they will challenge you with trying to prove that Santa Claus, monsters under the bed, or a god, DOESN'T exist.

Do you really want your kids growing up with such nonsense in their heads? Do you really want whole societies forming out of such beliefs? Of course not. If this were to happen it would mean that you failed as a parent, as a member of society, and have driven logic back into the dark ages.

Atheists, I, will not prolong the inevitable downfall of irrational thinking by keeping my mouth shut. Not gonna happen, so help me NOT god!

edit on 1/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Nah, we just see the grand scheme of things, instead of the pessimistic atheist outlook of modern day society.

And we also would rather go through the day thinking of the Holiness of God rather than have faith in a society detrimental to itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When I was in high school, we had some Chinese exchange students in a few of our classes.

We convinced them that Buffalo Wings came from baby buffaloes, and they had to be cut off so we didn't end up with huge buffaloes flying around pooping on people.

The teacher was in on it too.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by jiggerj

Nah, we just see the grand scheme of things, instead of the pessimistic atheist outlook of modern day society.

And we also would rather go through the day thinking of the Holiness of God rather than have faith in a society detrimental to itself.

Me, atheist...

There's the first problem lol, why are atheists so pessimistic? I believe that there is an answer to our differences and we may all be wealthy.

Thinking of the 'Holiness of God', what! Awesome... see, this is right where the conversation turns for the worse. There's no arguing against that!!!

To even say... "we also would rather go through the day thinking....", implies that it's a choice. That this entire faith thing is only rested upon your own personal happiness. Like... "Yeah, I don't want to see things that way.. So I'm going to just tilt my head this way" lol Maybe a new perspective directive?

edit on 5-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

The Glory of God reigns above human thought and I am happy to be able to give God glory in my speech.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

change the photo of Santa looks horrible, now u will say santa has been planted in to my brain, then i might say that your opinion is quitr right, nice tought

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In my own opinion, I see it like this. Christianity comprises a large majority of the population of the United States. Worldwide, they're also a large % of the population, altho not the majority numbers they are in the U.S. and other individual nations.

With that holding true in general terms for every collection of numbers I've seen on Religion ranging from the U.S. Census here to any given number of organizations who make that among their missions to collect and report stats on, I absolutely will not stand for having a Christian proselytize where I'm directly concerned. I respect their Faith. I don't share it...and they have NO right to be 'unrelenting', so to speak if I or anyone else has expressed a desire to be left alone with it. (Their right to practice publicly...isn't violating me. That isn't what I mean)

So.. If I'm perfectly happy to tell a numerical majority to hold their opinions....Why would a group far below 10% within any of those same studies, census reports or other methods to determine numbers figure they'd be any more welcome or tolerated? I'm just curious on this because I know you, OP, aren't outright obnoxious and pushy. Plenty others are though ...and I've always wondered what makes a super-minority in the grand scheme of things, figure they have the right to be?

Don't feel too bad, by the way. Atheist may be a super-minority but mine (Wicca) is below that by a good % still...so I know the feeling of being outnumbered 9:1 as a way of life ... I don't push mine on anyone who doesn't ask to know about it though, to be fair.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Some people have to use crutches.
Some people take prozac.
Some people believe in god.

I don't see why knowing that it's a way to help you deal with life, is a bad thing as seems to be a usual response.

Perhaps because most other don't walk around bashing everyone else with their crutches in an attempt to normalise their obvious inability to walk unaided.

Who knows.

But if it makes you happy..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

and may flights angels carry you into the heavens..

so say we all.. Oh wait, wrong religion. Frac!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Every man needs hope, otherwise we are hopeless. Hope in God is the elevation towards him, not a crutch, but a wing. The second wing happens to be faith.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Every man needs hope, otherwise we are hopeless. Hope in God is the elevation towards him, not a crutch, but a wing. The second wing happens to be faith.

Let me ask you this. Which human was it that first told you about god?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

“I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.” - Abraham Lincoln

The idea of a deity is not a Christian monopoly. You do not have to be Christian to think there is a divine power at work in the universe. And if there is a divine power, it most certainly does not have to conform to Christian beliefs. As long as an atheist understands this, I have no problem with their beliefs. I wish they could find a little more wonder in the universe, but that's their problem.
edit on 5-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The Glory of God reigns above human thought and I am happy to be able to give God glory in my speech.

Kadoish, Kadoish, Kadoish... Adonai 'Tsebayoth?

the whole earth is full of his glory

Ok, we get it... but back to the conversation at hand. I don't think that all atheists are pessimistic. I think that many of them become pessimistic in regards to their views on religion and those who subscribe to Jesus because they see an entire history of craziness done in the name of 'God. That's not even the big one, I suppose... there's the whole history of the texts themselves, Canaanite parodies, multiple Genesis authors... blah blah blah.

The games almost over I'd say... I think religion's on the losing side of the scoreboard. We are what we are, a creation of something much bigger. Maybe even... 'made in their(his) image', but certainly no 'divinity'.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

"Which human" seems to be a selective question. I prefer to say that God led me to Himself by showing me His Glory.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

We humans have no divinity, but God does. I see no satisfaction in the things of the world and human thought, which is how atheists believe. I think that if atheists look upon such as truth then their knowledge is a religion of mockery and pride doomed to self destruction.
edit on 5-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

We humans have no divinity, but God does.

What gives you this idea? If we are made in his image, does it not stand to reason that we at least share a shred of his divinity?

This question is asked under the assumption that the Bible can be considered accurate in its entirety.
edit on 5-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Our imperfection compared to God's perfection.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Our imperfection compared to Gods perfection.

Ah. I see. And what do you know of perfection?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Perfect Love in the form of a perfect Sacrifice from God Himself.

otherwise we could know no perfection

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Im confused as to why atheists waste so much of there time and life arguing and whining about religion. You dont believe nor care for it yet for some reason you constantly talk about it? No wonder the bible thumpers never leave yall alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join