It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheists are Unrelenting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Im confused as to why atheists waste so much of there time and life arguing and whining about religion.
reply to post by vaelamin

As history has proved so well, should we not then the religious would not only force their lunacy upon us but go as far as deny us life should we not bow down to their delusions and irrational whims.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

The Image of the Cross is that of Perfect Love as I have spoken with another. It shows God loves us to the point of being tortured to death, so that we may see that our sin is completed in the executioners of Christ. That is where sin leads, to the destruction of our own soul. The Image of the Cross is that of Perfect Love as I have spoken with another. It shows God loves us to the point of being tortured to death, so that we may see that our sin is completed in the executioners of Christ. That is where sin leads, to the destruction of our own soul.

Sin is absolutely necessary for the education of the human race. In order to learn, we must be capable of mistakes. And if we forever demonize our flaws, we will never learn from them. Our demons will always hold us back.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Let ME ask you this: Have you ever put faith in anything? Or have something completely unexplainable happen?

I have. At the risk of sounding like turd that won't flush I was faith healed once and it worked. That was my biggest proof. When I was on my walkabout I got stonefoot in my right foot. It hurt for over a week. It got so bad to where I couldn't walk. My buddy grew up in the Pentacostal Church and he prayed out loud over my foot. The problem immediately disappeared. Sure people can say it was all in my head or that I'm lying. But I feel no need to try and prove it. It happened and that's all I need to know. To literally feel the power of God surge through your entire body is the most intense thing, ever! I think about that day everyday and just smile. Not trying to convert anyone just letting you know why I believe in God.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The way you use the word "worship" implies oppression, but we are free to love God or not to love Him

IIf you do not love your god you will be damned and tortured for all eternity only someone with a very warped mind or an abused wife could dress that up as love.

Lie to the rational as much as you like for we see though you, but do yourself a favour and stop lying to yourself.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

incorrect, Jesus did not sin and he knew everything. I am in the process of replying to your other post but I just saw this and knew I could reply quickly. Also your opinion was the opinion of Judas Iscariot.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

incorrect, Jesus did not sin and he knew everything. I am in the process of replying to your other post but I just saw this and knew I could reply quickly. Also your opinion was the opinion of Judas Iscariot.

Not even in the 20 years he was gone from sight?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

The same could be said about Atheists. No need to insult anyone. You DO NOT KNOW for sure there is no God. So don't call it "lunacy" or "dillusions". For those of us who have had our proof we KNOW in our hearts. Most Christians I know and have seen on here never try to force their beliefs on anyone. When they talk about God it's for other God believing people. Not to be attacked by someone who doesn't believe. Grow up and let people live the way they're happiest.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Actually it is my personal opinion he disappeared as his body was maturing. I think he did this so he would be farther from temptation. Just walking around with his best bud John (the revelator). Even he was tempted, but that was the point. To show that he could live a sin free life.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

incorrect, Jesus did not sin and he knew everything

Jesus , according to his own word in the bibles did not know everything you are incorrect.
The fact that he admits not being omniscient creates further problems for the claims of divinity and his being one and the same entity as yawhe/elohim

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sadly, if we focus on the self we will become self centered. Your post is extremely confusing and lacks understanding in the supernatural as you do not understand the value of suffering.

The Martyrs have died for God and for us as God Gives Himself to us they live to imitate God.

You can call the privation of the soul witchcraft all you like, but until you learn to meditate on God without bias or prejudice you will not understand the supernatural.

Also, a 6 year old does not need the supernatural explained to the as a child already knows of the Kingdom of God.

Explain to a 6 year what you have just said to me and see if he understands. or maybe your circle/imperfection theory.

I am trying to write to mature people who can replace their prejudices with understanding.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Place the quote, do not just speak of it. I reason according to the Spirit not according to the letter as the scribes do.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

No, otherwise the Sacrifice would not have been perfect.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If god is real i want to know why the perfect sacrifice was a failed experiment, as if torturing a loving angel was going to quench the murderous ways of human beings. You take away the sins and we create infinity more. The later dark ages created even more torture devices, lol take that god we don't just stop with your only son we just keep killing and killing.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

The Good get better and the Sinful get worse.

It is the separation of the "Lambs" from the "Rams".

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Im confused as to why atheists waste so much of there time and life arguing and whining about religion. You dont believe nor care for it yet for some reason you constantly talk about it? No wonder the bible thumpers never leave yall alone.

Over zealots exist on both sides...TRUST ME ON THIS.
As an atheist, I'm embarrassed of over-zealots, and "bible thumpers" are just as guilty of antagonizing (this thread and many like it prove that...goes the other way too though). Can't we all just realize no ones getting converted to anything here. All these kind of threads accomplish is making everyone involved a hypocrite.

None of us have to explain our beliefs or lack there of to anybody. The people who make these types of threads (where one group calls out another group) are those looking for an argument (not debate, there's a difference).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The same could be said about Atheists. No need to insult anyone. You DO NOT KNOW for sure there is no God. So don't call it "lunacy" or "dillusions".
reply to post by Wanderer777

Indeed I may not know for sure,but, I'm damned well sure that thee is zero evidence for the bible monster yahwhe/jesus because if there was I would still find this being/beings totally repugnant.

Diven the sheer lack of evidence for the existance of the jseus/yahweh god let alone any other god then "Delusion" most certainly is an appropriate term. Unless of course you have evidence that is brand new.
I'm all ears

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There is actually a lot of evidence of old and of new that Jesus existed. Just google: Evidence of Jesus' existence.
edit on 5-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
Spoken with all the zeal of a "true believer", of course. Judging by behavior alone, leaving philosophical motivations aside, I can't tell the difference between atheists and religionists. You guys are like Democrats and Republicans.

That sounds a lot like something Jesus said:

Luke 7:31-35 "To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like?

They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other: "'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not cry.' For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!' But wisdom is proved right by all her children."

You can't tell the difference between people who call themselves athiests and people who call themselves Christians because MANY Christians have been decieved, and that deception is not on a small scale, it is the Great Deception as spoken of in the bible. They, through their all too trusting nature have believed the MANY false prophets who have gone out into the world, they mistakenly believe that these prophets are truly representing Christ's behavior because they don't love the truth, they won't bother to read what Jesus said, they'll hardly bother to share what He said, and often they won't preach to anyone on a higher social rung than themselves. There is supposed to be a difference, a BIG BIG BIG difference, but that comes at a very VERY steep personal cost.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The only reason you look at ALL the evidence from the past and don't believe it is because you're too synical. You can't investigate something while being biased about it from the get go. I have MY proof. I was faith healed but that's obviously not enough for people like you. I'm done trying to convince close minded people. I know where I stand and if you don't want to believe well that is your choice. But I'm also not going to ridicule you and be rude because you do not believe. So you should show the same respect. GOD Bless!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't see how any intelligent mind can look at atoms or DNA, especially the function of enzymes, and not see intelligent design.

Therefore I conclude that only thick people are atheists.

I predict I will shortly be insulted for calling people thick, rather than being challenged on the 'parity-bit nature' of enzymes too.

God bless

edit on 5-1-2013 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join