It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

It's literally a lighthouse.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why can't anyone hold a camera still?

Why couldnt he shoot more footage?

It's frustrating ha.

But maybe the answer is: low clouds, low altitude, building of some sort with blue light poking out of the clouds. (big building, much further away than it appears)

To me, nothing indicates the object with the blue light is moving. If anything, it indicates that it is not moving. Because the video starts > object starts in middle of screen > the guy seems to re position himself (because the object is getting farther away because it's not moving) > the video ends with the object on the left side of the screen (because it's not moving)

Why couldn't he shoot more footage? Any additional footage would have clearly showed it was getting farther away, because it wasn't moving.

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by Human_Alien

Debunked

dunyanews.tv...

I wonder how many times i'm going to have to post to kill this thread?
edit on 4-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They were most likely making an approach into some city. You can see the plane flying very close or even touching the low clouds, which would only happen on take off or approach.

He said he was traveling Spirit Airlines from Ft. Lauderdale to Philly, but I couldn't find a flight from there directly into Philly, Maybe somewhere close and a drive to Philly?

It looks kind of like a Weather Beacon, although it wouldn't be a very effective one if it were higher than the cloud deck.

A weather beacon is a beacon that indicates the local weather forecast in a code of colored or flashing lights. Often, a short poem or jingle accompanies the code to make it easier to remember.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Look at some of the rio videos of exactly this. The apparent circular nature of the light is also in evidence as when they light it up as they did in blue at the approximate time of the flight they do it in a 360 degree fashion with circular spot lights.

I wish I was more tech savvy but I cant even manage to link to any of the youtube vids let alone embed one (this may be partly due to my old iOS version and the crappy youtube app.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Check this out -

Doing a little fact checking. Report says witness was on a Spirit Airlines flight, from FL to Philadelphia, PA Saturday December 29th (or even December 22nd, doesn't matter).
I found this Spirit Airlines Flight Timetable for the 20DEC through to January at this link Spirit Airlines Route Maps.

There are no flights from anywhere in Flordia to Philadelphia. You can confirm this by going to Spirit Airlines Flight Status and try to book a flight from anywhere in Florida to Philadelphia. The site won't allow you to.

The nearest destinations near Phila delphia are Latrobe, PA; Baltimore/Washington DC; and New York, all of which are quite far (especially Latrobe, PA) from Philadelphia.

Soooo what gives? How does someone catch a video of a UFO on flight that apparently (given the airlines own Route Maps and Flight times for the time in question) didn't even exist?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Its the christ statue on top of the mountain in Rio.

dunyanews.tv...

Theres youtube videos showing the same thing as in the OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Even if you are right.. Are you going to post this 48 times?

edit on 4-1-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

So where does that leave the triangle shape that surrounds the blue light?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Nice one. Can you do some digging for flights around Rio and what their orientation might be in relation to.

dunyanews.tv...

I've been saying for two pages that this is the Christ statue in Rio that just happened to be lit up blue around the time the video was uploaded to youtube.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Don't lighthouses have a revolving light?

And aren't they usually white?

I'm a poet and I didn't know it.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mishmashum

Personally, the clouds in the footage look very similar to the normal cloud cover I regularly see when flying up and down the eastern U.S. seaboard mid-flight.

They do look like normal (lowish) clouds that you could see from 30K feet. However, from the perspective in the video, they look to be very close to these clouds. At around the 12 second point in the video, you can see some whispy clouds pass right in front of the window.

It is my strong belief that they are in descent.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I think that's an old news story being recycled as the only mention I can find of Christ the Redeemer being colored blue is from April 2011 .

Here it is April 2, 2012
www.zimbio.com...

Looks like it happens in April .

edit on 4-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I have to disagree. If you use filters via photo software, you would be able to see the outline of the Jesus statue since the light is simply reflected off the statue. In this case, if you look at the filtered images, you are actually seeing the direct light source emanating.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Well until Phage turns up and someone listens to him I might have to keep posting.

---

To the other poster. Oh schucks you found me out! Haven't seen the video in the OP just the frozen frame can't buffer videos as im tethering when I shouldn't. But despite this the frame was all I needed as Id seen it in previous years lit up.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Soooo what gives? How does someone catch a video of a UFO on flight that apparently (given the airlines own Route Maps and Flight times for the time in question) didn't even exist?

I saw that as well. Although it doesn't appear the video is faked in any way, it does appear that they are fibbing about where it happened.

I don't know which one is fibbing... the brother or the youtuber.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am on the fence with this one. But CGI can never be ruled out. Have seen quite a bit of software like Vue XStream.
Do a google search for Vue and see what it can do.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I'm having a difficult time finding any YouTube video of this. Can you at least copy and paste a link to one? Or perhaps even the search terms you are using?

It's an intriguing theory, except for the dates not matching up. I would like to compare the footage.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for embedding.

The link I provided says the article is today its also under the section 'just in' and I believe the lighting of that statue is a regular occurence.

I think someone has just been opportunistic with a piece of footage they took over Rio and thought they'd see how gullible people are.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

No they do not look the same. There are two separate camera angles. If you adjust the first picture it seems as if things kinda line up... Of course it need to be adjusted to the same altitude and angles to see if they do add up.. I might be wrong but it just seems like this could be a plausible answer.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

My sentiments exactly!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join