It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I'd be happy to think it was fake, except that while I see several people claiming it is, I don't see anyone offering up any reasonable explanation WHY it is fake.

Yet, that is. I mean, what- you see video overlay lines from layering in editing or something? To me there doesn't appear to be any discontinuity or different pixelation in the object vs. the surroundings, which would be one giveaway. But again, let the experts decide. Simply proclaiming it's fake don't cut it here.

Twenty seconds. That should be a good place to start when questioning this video. If he was 'just coincidentally filming randomly' where's the footage leading up to this 'shocking' sight? And why was it so abruptly cut off?
That alone lends more questions than acceptance.

Now on the psychological level......lots of people simply get a rush off of attention. Especially when it's concocted, scripted and manufactured. I'd imagine its much like an arsonist has when filming his work and passing it off as real.
It's seeing how far they can push their envelop (luck)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
reply to post by merkins

Oh righty then.......Jesus did it....

Yes a stone jesus who lives atop a mountain and is regularly lit up in blue. Just search youtube "christ rio blue lit up" that's all I needed to do to debunk this embarrassment.

Please just once can we have an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Debunked

dunyanews.tv...

I wonder how many times i'm going to have to post to kill this thread?
edit on 4-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Recently my brother was on a flight back from Florida and they were over the ocean and were told they were over 30,000 feet high.

I don't know what it is, but they were definitely not over 30,000 feet in the air.

We should assume whatever it is, is at 6,000 feet or less. Probably much less.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

would one fly over rio, en route from florida to philly?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Close but no cigar...

I found out the shape of the "mountain" was not the same

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Human_Alien
But what really doesn't pass the sniff test is: Why only 20 seconds of this phenomenal event?

Because they're in a fast moving aircraft?

Good lord.....he didn't lose sight of it. The camera 'stumbled' out of his hand. Besides, where's the footage leading up to this "CNN find" ????

Try not to make up scenarios to fit your belief.

Alien and covert crafts are REAL. This however, is 99% certain, not one of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

It wasnt taken in Florida or Philly. That was a lie, a blatant one when you watch the youtube vids of this phenomenon from last year and guess what 3/4 Jan 2013.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

Debunked

dunyanews.tv...

You added that link after I responded.

So, their route from Florida to wherever, Philly?........is a lie too? Now I wonder were they really on a plane

How about not trying to explain what this is and just leaving it as 'a hoax'? Because in my experience in this field, this can't scream any louder than being a fake.
But at least we're on the same page

edit on 4-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

That doesn't really look like a statue of Jesus to me. You can't just say that because the Jesus statue has a blue light, that's what it must be.

I'm all for solving this mystery but to say 'some inanimate object in Brazil has a blue light so it must be that' is as much of a reach as what the believers are saying.

You haven't debunked this at all, you're reaching like everyone has who commented here.

ETA: In fact, it looks nothing like the Jesus staue in Rio. You've failed.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

You have a theory , that doesn't mean its the right one .... only the Mods kill threads here .

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

That was just my first search result but I'm sure there are other mountaintop statues that get lit up.

But anyway, I don't see evidence in your post that the mountain is a different shape. Looks the same to me from a different angle.

Seems a mighty coincidence that this statue was lit at the time the video was taken.

If someone can pull flightpath data from Rio that would be great as its beyond my means at the moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So debunk it without being a wise guy, but with facts.

Who are you to tell how or how long somebody should film?
Ever considered that he might put his phone down just to watch in amazement?
Or to give his child a chance to see
Or to take a photo..
etc....

I can't believe that people around here always think that they know how another person should react or do in abnormal circumstances.

Ridiculous shortsighted.

edit on 4-1-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Perhaps you aren't aware of the 'thread killing' thread. My statement was intended be light hearted. I understand some people cannot identify or undersand humour when written in a post, but I'm sure you aren't really in that category.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Amazing how people call for HOAX bin without any substantional reason..

"Because i know"
"Because I feel"
"Because i'm an alknowing idiot"

Not saying this is genuine, but i dare to say.. I do not know!

Out.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Recently my brother was on a flight back from Florida and they were over the ocean and were told they were over 30,000 feet high.

I don't know what it is, but they were definitely not over 30,000 feet in the air.

We should assume whatever it is, is at 6,000 feet or less. Probably much less.

Most commercial airliners fly at 30,000 feet, right? So why wouldn't we assume the clouds were cumulonimbus? The footage doesn't look like it's at an angle and climbing, nor does it look like the plane is descending. I suppose the right thing to do would be to check the weather forecast on the weatherunderground for the day. Personally, the clouds in the footage look very similar to the normal cloud cover I regularly see when flying up and down the eastern U.S. seaboard mid-flight.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Search youtube "christ rio blue lit up".

Cant seem to find URLs in the youtube app.

PLEASE can someone embed one of the youtube vids that show thus blue light on the christ statue in rio.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
WTF.

The guy just said on the youtube comments that:

It was filmed on a Spirit airline coming back from Florida to Philly. The date was this past Saturday Dec 29th 2012.

Not the other dates mentioned. Take that blue statue back to Rio, please.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Excellent video, and it is neither a mountain, nor is it some building or beacon light.

It is a solid structure, standing statically at around 20.000-30.000 feet ALT. At first it appears the altitude is less, but that is due to the zoom effect. Watch closely to the end, you see the almost closed cloud layer far below the aircraft. So I think the claim it was shot at around 30.000 feet ALT is credible in my eyes.

Also, the claim the plane was over the ocean appears to be correct. You can see a small tip of a land mass right at the beginning of the video, and I'm convinced you see the ocean, too. So they're about 20-40 miles off the coats or off an island I'd say.

The video is very astonishing, and I have not the slightest idea what we've got here. I definitely can make out a triangular shape as well, as other posters have pointed out. I could also swear that I have seen a similar triangle shaped craft with a a bright ball attached to it, I just can not remember where, but I think it was some MUFON drawing or a drawing in some other publication, not sure .. something like this one here:

All in all a very interesting post, one of the best UFO videos in many weeks if not months. Cheers to the OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I can't watch the video yet because I'm at work. Interesting story and pictures though. Some thoughts:

"Debunking" a video based upon "well, why would they film it this way? and why would a person do that" is not debunking. People do incomprehensible and stupid crap all the time. Like pick their nose and eat it.

People keep insinuating the dude was lying about their location at the time the video/film were taken, or about being at 30,000 feet. It's also possible he was just estimating. As a non-pilot lay person I can't tell the difference between 10,000 and 30,000 feet when looking out a plane window. It's all really really high. And from what I remember from many flights doesn't descent take a long time? Especially when you're coming down from 40,000 or 60,000 feet or whatever those big planes get up to at the highest altitude? Like half an hour?

To the person who said "How many times do I have to post to kill this thread?"

What's it to you if people talk about this?

I haven't seen any proof that this is a hoax. I also haven't seen any proof that this is an alien craft. I have seen interesting pictures, and I want to know more.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join