It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I just thought you were implying that there was other footage of this event from above, or from a plane. Otherwise it is difficult to compare them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Military blimp on exercise out of New Jersey

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HistrionicSpock

Im using ios4.3 and cant find out how to copy and paste the url. It switches from google to the youtube app without giving me a URL.

Search terms i used were "christ rio blue lit up" in google then followed through to youtube app from results. Sorry i'm so rubbish at this.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HistrionicSpock

Thanks for responding.

I was, i've seen it many times in the past and thought i recognised the clip on three vids but Im tethering a tablet when i shouldnt be so my carrier blocks video longer than 2 seconds.

I've done my bit to deny ignorance and blown an hour of my life on this thread of a lit up statue on a mountain. I strongly believe it is Rio, but I could be wrong, it could be elsewhere. However this most definitely is a statue lit up on a mountain.

edit on 4-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
reply to post by Human_Alien

So debunk it without being a wise guy, but with facts.

Who are you to tell how or how long somebody should film?
Ever considered that he might put his phone down just to watch in amazement?
Or to give his child a chance to see
Or to take a photo..
etc....

I can't believe that people around here always think that they know how another person should react or do in abnormal circumstances.

Ridiculous shortsighted.

edit on 4-1-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

It's common sense. Not personal conjecture.

It is in the handbook of UFO investigation that one should take notice of the time spent filming and verbiage used explaining. And 20-seconds and the word 'shocking' doesn't past the test!

This is not like I am judging how someone should react when mourning a death. I am not getting THAT personal into someone's behavior. I am however using set guidelines put out by people in this field (I, being one of them) from experience, as to what to look out for. There's a checklist of sorts and this isn't not passing.

This does not negate the fact that UFOs (alien and likewise) do exist however, there are probably 100 hoaxers to every one authentic sighting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I for one consider it possible that the information about hight, airline and such may be incorrect, must not even be intentional..
I mean he wasn't on the plane personaly, it happened to the brother.
Maybe he just got something wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by Human_Alien

Debunked

dunyanews.tv...

I wonder how many times i'm going to have to post to kill this thread?
edit on 4-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

Maybe until you post an object that's Not In Brazil???
edit on 4-1-2013 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by zeeon

Nice one. Can you do some digging for flights around Rio and what their orientation might be in relation to.

dunyanews.tv...

I've been saying for two pages that this is the Christ statue in Rio that just happened to be lit up blue around the time the video was uploaded to youtube.

Look at a map. I've actually been to that statue - it's in Brazil which is no where near where this supposed flight happened. I think your grasping at straws here...

My .02 cents is that the entire thing is CGI or a mountain peak possibly with some sort of radio station or some other communications stations on top of it with a light.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If someone can pull flightpath data from Rio that would be great as its beyond my means at the moment.

Florida to Philly, via Rio.....roughly

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

You guys do realize that the witness said they were on a flight to Philadelphia from Florida on Spirit Airlines.
Those are pretty specific details and you guys are posting around a statue in BRAZIL no where near where the WITNESS said they were.

Now I have provided evidence to suggest that either A.) The witness was incorrect about what flight they were on or B.) the witness made up the whole story and forgot to fact check that a flight from Flordia to Philly on Spirit Airlines was actually running that day.

What is least probable is that they were half a contient away over Brazil just in time to film the statue lighting up.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
since I believe that we all agree with the fact that this thing is not an airborne object...we need the following that will shed on more light into debunking the video..

1. At what time the plane left the airport
2. Then get the data and time of the video from the original meta data
3. Calculate where the plane should approx be
4. Check location on google earth

if its ocean then...cgi or ufo

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm a fake wrestling fan but this video is 100 percent real!

By the looks of the clouds and the flaps in down position (for landing) this is not taken at 30,000 feet.

Whoops.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The problem is that according to Spirit Airlines the the flight did not even exist..
See my post here

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

You guys do realize that the witness said they were on a flight to Philadelphia from Florida on Spirit Airlines.
Those are pretty specific details and you guys are posting around a statue in BRAZIL no where near where the WITNESS said they were.

Exactly, hence my tongue in cheek, cheesy, paint picture to point out the ridiculousness of merkins "debunk-o-rama".....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

It's my last post in this thread. This isnt a very good UFO clip. It's the statue in Rio that was lit up blue at the time the vid was uploaded. The video was not taken in the skies between Florida and Philly. An earlier poster demonstrated this by discovering that there were no such flights at the time.

I believe though my own experiences and I want proof as much as anyone. However this video ain't it. I wash it was.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

seriously, are you that blonde on that insurance company commercial who believes you cant post anything thats not true on the internet?

i am a secret agent, male model physicist solving world hunger in third world countries. believe that? because that holds as much credibility as anything randomly posted.

and, to the person who throws out the whole christ the redeemer pic because it doesnt match 100%, have you ever taken a picture from multiple angles?

edit on 1/4/2013 by homeskillet because: fixed some spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Interesting indeed.... maybe it is a light on the top of a mountain but then again, maybe it isn't... if it is a light on top of a mountain, what is it doing there? We've established its not a warning light so could it be a landing site? For UFO's or for helicopters (if its not 30,000 ft and to me this doesn't look 30,000 ft, just flying in low cloud).

Reply to poster above... I have stood at the statue of christ but i never saw a blue light, however, I wasnt up there at night!!
edit on 4-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

seriously, are you that blonde on that insurance company commercial who believes you cant post anything thats not true on the internet?

i am a secret agent, male model physicist solving world hunger in third world countries. believe that? because that holds as much credibility as anything randomly posted.

and, to the person who throws out the whole christ the redeemer pic because it doesnt match 100%, have you ever taken a picture from multiple angles?

edit on 1/4/2013 by homeskillet because: fixed some spelling

Are you seriously so blonde that you can't read posts? Because I already fact checked that and provided evidence that Spirit Airlines wasn't running a flight from Florida to Philly on the date provided. Check my post here

Some people, jeeze.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This could be another instance similar to that of the video showing an infant being carried off by an eagle. People realized how much attention was gained through that cgi creation, that they are now creating more?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is someone going to confront this guy with the flight path information? I'd like to see what he has to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join