It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Keep your guns, make sure they are readily available in wal mart and why not even 7-11, just realise when someone you know and love gets gunned down by some psycho its basically on all your gun loving/advocating shoulders.

Yawn
Here we go all the guns used in crimes are all legally purchased? Are you that naive? You know why the publishing of pistol permit holders address's was a bad idea? Because it tells criminals where they can steal a gun!!!!! Or by your logic I should lose I right because of your ignorance and fear? Start setting a precedent for rights to be taken away and see how long it takes for the rest to be rationalized away. All actions have consequences and most knee-jerk reactions tend to have huge ones.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Your standing is true.

However, your list on the "Hate-filled Bigots" happen to be the one who are "Pro-communist"

Communism, by definition in simple terms, is a society that deprives it's citizens of their natural rights and establish a system of control in which the citizens are expendable and cash crop.

Not to say this out of fear, or any emotion involved, but those who wish no more guns, no more weapons, are more likely saying "Kill me." to themselves. Because of one of two things; 1. they are scared/fearful or 2. They seek control (Which is still fear).

I bet $10 that those who say "No more guns!" haven't even held a gun in their life. They don't know the feeling of what's it like, what the sound is, what the power in your hands feel like. I have, and I like it.

I only use it if the situation is dire, I don't use it to kill because I judged them, I leave that to someone else that deems them guilty, and he's not on the Earth. (God)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by IdoN'TkNOwSQuaT
reply to post by MrWendal

I dont walk around in fear of people with guns. I walk around in fear of robbery, rape, assault, and that little thing called "crime". A gun is not required to commit any of them and in every Country that has banned guns, those "crimes" increase. So Congrats, you have no guns and no "gun crime". Just lots of victims of real crime who could not defend themselves. How proud you must be.

You hit the nail on the head dude

You and all your othert gun loving buddies walk around in fear from boogey men

How proud you must be

edit on 3/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I'm 6'-4" tall, weigh about 240 lbs. Odds are that I don't need a gun to rob, rape, assault or even kill you. However, you probably need one to keep me from doing it. That's it. Plain and simple. Not that I ever would.
I've been robbed twice, shot at once, by someone with a gun. I'm lucky to still be alive. The third time, I was armed and the robber is still in jail. No shots had to be fired, just the knowledge that I had a gun was enough for me to hold him for the police.

Star to you MrWendal[

God made man.Sam Colt made man equal.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The bottom line is this. The current situation has nothing to do with guns. Sandy hook has nothing to do with guns. It has to do with an individual, (or individuals, whichever story you may believe) deciding to use a tool to kill people. When a drunk driver kills someone, or a bus full of children if you will, no one advocates the banning of cars. When someone goes on a rampage with a knife, no one wants to go round up all of the knives in the world. The fact that so many of you people are hypocritical with this issue is astounding. A gun is an inanimate object. Period. It is a hunk of metal. It does not do anything on it''s own. It can't get up and kill you. If you have an irrational fear of guns, that is your problem. Guns are NOT the problem. People are the problem.
The real problem is the psycho. Why don't we ban psycho individuals? How about we ban crime? These two sentences are just as ridiculous as the proposals that Feinstein and others are doing, and gun bans in general. NEWSFLASH: CRIMINALS DON"T FOLLOW LAWS. If you can't get it through your thick skull that these bans don't do anything constructive, and don't get at the heart of the problem, then I feel sorry for you. Your emotions based reasoning will accomplish nothing. Now, when you guys get over yourselves, and want to have a rational, factual based conversation about the matter, and come up with solutions, rather than feel good laws that do nothing, then we can talk.
I'll give you this challenge, get all of the drugs off the streets, and solve the issue with your bans and laws. You make that happen, I'll give up my rights to guns. I'm willing to take the bet, because I know it will never happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

And yet you still insist on having guns

Kindly explain how you would protect yourself from four "pumped up" men each with a baseball bat. The ONLY equalizer is a firearm. You are out of your mind to think that elimiating guns would make you safer. (BTW, I'd rather take the chance of four men with guns against just me with a gun. Home, home on the range, if you know what I mean.)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You and all your othert gun loving buddies walk around in fear from boogey men

Ahem. There are plenty of robberies, muggings, and "beat-downs" to make you statement look down right foolish. Don't you read the news?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
]

I bet $10 that those who say "No more guns!" haven't even held a gun in their life. They don't know the feeling of what's it like, what the sound is, what the power in your hands feel like. I have, and I like it.

I only use it if the situation is dire, I don't use it to kill because I judged them, I leave that to someone else that deems them guilty, and he's not on the Earth. (God)

Go google the lovable Diane fienstien speaking about arming herself.
They are elitist snobs that believe they know what is best for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hate filled bigot? I don't know about all that. I see where you're coming from, but it sounds far fetched. The tyrant party is right.

And I don't need my guns for protection. I carry throwing knives with me that are just as deadly and I'm accurate with them. I don't need a gun to hurt you from a distance. And do you know how easy it is to make a homemade projectile weapon? Ban guns and I will carry throwing knives, a slingshot, poison darts, or maybe even a small crossbow. Because I abide by the law, I won't carry an illegal gun. But you better believe I'll have some sort of projectile weapon on me.

reply to post by macman

Ever hear about when Feinstein was mayor or San Fran? Voided all conceal and carry permits EXCEPT her own.
edit on 1/3/13 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The only way to stop the flow of Guns is to stop the demand, and that is a personal choice.
We all have choices in life. In the gun rights arena there are but three options:

Villain
Victim
Victor

Take your pick. Be a bad guy. Be a victim of a bad guy. Or, you can be a champion of freedom for you and others. It's all up to you.

It's okay if you toss your gun rights aside, but I caution you not to interfere with the rights of others. Our civil rights are all individual rights, and only the individual can choose not to exercise one or more of them. And only a court of law can strip you of your civil rights through due process.

Or, in the case of Great Britain, the people allowed the government do-gooders to place them in a terrible situation where the rights of criminals are held above the rights of citizens.

There are also people that don't support your right to keep and bear arms. I suggest you take a close look at these individuals as well. Often you'll find they ride in limousines, step out onto red carpet, dress very well, sit behind a desk, hold public office, appear often on magazine covers, have personal bodyguards for themselves and their families, and live in very nice neighborhoods where violent crime is rare.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Hate filled bigot? I don't know about all that. I see where you're coming from, but it sounds far fetched. The tyrant party is right.

And I don't need my guns for protection. I carry throwing knives with me that are just as deadly and I'm accurate with them. I don't need a gun to hurt you from a distance. And do you know how easy it is to make a homemade projectile weapon? Ban guns and I will carry throwing knives, a slingshot, poison darts, or maybe even a small crossbow. Because I abide by the law, I won't carry an illegal gun. But you better believe I'll have some sort of projectile weapon on me.

reply to post by macman

Ever hear about when Feinstein was mayor or San Fran? Voided all conceal and carry permits EXCEPT her own.
edit on 1/3/13 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

Let's recognize Owning a Gun for what it is - a personal choice and not a crime.
The criminal underworld operates very much on the basis of free enterprise.
This regulatory burden is indeed a penalty of sorts for being a law-abiding citizen.
If they get away with The Gun Ban All im going to say is
Get your training, have your finger prints taken, pay the permit fees, and then wait for the licensed to be issued.

Next, conceal your weapon appropriately and go for a stroll down the street. Imagine that you're a criminal and not a law-abiding citizen.
This will demonstrate to you know just how easy it is for an armed criminal to go about his or her day-to-day business among other law-abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Want an idea as to what is left of the bill of rights?
Check this thread out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my opinion RICO needs to be modified at least but the PATRIOT Act and NDAA need to be eliminated altogether. The American People have given up enough rights; it's time to say enough is enough.

Gun violence is a local problem that needs a local solution.
Personally I like the way Kennesaw, Georgia handled it.
And the way Utah is handling it with 200+ teachers getting concealed carry training now.
Gun control is about redistribution of arms from American citizens to the state. It is about control, not the guns.

They are slowly taking all of our rights and implementing a Police State and putting armed police in the schools is a step in that direction.
I do not believe the Federal Government has any right to interfere in State or Local Governmental decisions.
School security is not even a State Government issue, but a local issue. But that's just my opinion.

When all governments, worldwide, affirm that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer use force and manipulation to ensure their rule over the people they are supposed to protect and serve;

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer feel it is necessary to try to impose their rule upon another government, or the people in another territory;

When religious leaders no longer call for the forceful conversion of non-believers.

When the criminal elements within the population of the world no longer threaten peaceful people and/or the resources thereof;

Then, and only then, will I relinquish my ability to defend myself from them.

I will however, retain my ability to defend myself and my property from wild predatory animals and my ability to hunt for food.

I do not fear the criminal element in society, because I have the ability to defend myself from them.
I do not fear wild animals, also because I have the ability to defend myself from them.

It is the governments of this world that are my greatest concern, because they have no respect for the common people and no incentive to listen to them. I say this in the full realization that many of the governments of this world, even the United Nations, seem to feel that the people of this world are only here to serve them, not the other way around.

The United States government was never meant to be sovereign over the people of this country quite the reverse actually.

Disarm the citizens and let the cartels and criminals walk all over us seems to be the goal. The actual goal is for them to be able to walk all over us.

This woman had a concealed carry permit but because the restaurant was a Gun Free Zone her parents were killed and there was nothing she could do about it.

Gun Free Zone = Target rich environment

Don't let the Government fool you, they know exactly why the 2nd Amendment was put in, but like a spoild child they are trying to get around it.

edit on 3-1-2013 by RedmoonMWC because: To Add:

edit on 3-1-2013 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The right to protect one's safety and the safety of one's family is a natural right that goes far deeper and more primal than the Constitution. Anyone who thinks guns and gun crimes will go away with gun control lacks critical thinking skills. It is a fantasy. You will criminalize hundreds of thousands of otherwise responsible, law abiding citizens who believe in personal responsibility and actual freedom.They will not surrender their personal sovereignty just because the corporate/banking masters and their obedient, unquestioning, progressive brownshirt followers demand it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
All it takes is one crazy guy to ruin the integrity of 300,000,000. One crazy guy has the whole country scared that everyone is potentially that crazy. Why in gods name are 300,000,000 people potentially going to be affected by one crazy guy?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
When all governments, worldwide, affirm that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer use force and manipulation to ensure their rule over the people they are supposed to protect and serve;

When all governments, worldwide, lay down their weapons and no longer feel it is necessary to try to impose their rule upon another government, or the people in another territory;

When religious leaders no longer call for the forceful conversion of non-believers.

When the criminal elements within the population of the world no longer threaten peaceful people and/or the resources thereof;

Then, and only then, will I relinquish my ability to defend myself from them.

I will however, retain my ability to defend myself and my property from wild predatory animals and my ability to hunt for food.

I do not fear the criminal element in society, because I have the ability to defend myself from them.
I do not fear wild animals, also because I have the ability to defend myself from them.

It is the governments of this world that are my greatest concern, because they have no respect for the common people and no incentive to listen to them. I say this in the full realization that many of the governments of this world, even the United Nations, seem to feel that the people of this world are only here to serve them, not the other way around.

The United States government was never meant to be sovereign over the people of this country quite the reverse actually.

Disarm the citizens and let the cartels and criminals walk all over us seems to be the goal. The actual goal is for them to be able to walk all over us.

You nailed it in such an astounding way, I can't even express myself properly, for my post would be edited or deleted, lol. ^^^ That...that right there ladies and gents of the world...is the reason to carry.

Iknowstuff...you obviously don't know stuff... [snip]
edit on 4/1/13 by JAK because: Personal attack removed. Please remember to go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Gun control is nothing more than people control at its core.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I love it how these tough brave anti gun people who say they dont need a gun, and that gun owners are scared of boogey men ,and yet the minute they get threatened or attacked they are on the phone to the Police [who have GUNS ] to come and save them !!!! from the boogeymen Thank God for the Police with Evil guns to save us, oh my !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Many countries have entire citizenry that are able to walk the streets without weapons, and live quite happily. The sad fact isn't that we are having issues walking around with loaded weapons on our streets. The pity is that people feel they must.

But then.. this country of ours has little respect for each other, so no great surprise, I guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I absolutly agree dissolve of our personal liberty was forwarned by our forefathers any one who dosent see this is lost in the 'matrix' as a sheep and should study history. S+F and yeah an inanimate object is the boogy man wooooooooo to attack technology and still use it is beyond ignorance. you cant have the milk without the cow in other words GL world we should pray about this.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What about peoples rights and "liberty" to walk around the streets or a mall without fear Cause any idiot who wants one has a gun?

Do we really need more gun threads

Its basically just a massive chest beating, circle jerk for you guys now.

Keep your guns, make sure they are readily available in wal mart and why not even 7-11, just realise when someone you know and love gets gunned down by some psycho its basically on all your gun loving/advocating shoulders.

lol because someone who is willing to murder isnt willing to break the law by getting a gun illegally on the black market. Use logic its helpful. how well has prohibition to drug and alcohol worked?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Agree with me or you are a hate filled bigot, nazi and/or communist.

That's a well thought out debate, this is all adding to the evidence on the sort of people who do and don't think carrying guns in the street is a super good idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join