It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Women Turn to Guns After Gang Rape Outcry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

You done venting your spleen and being aggressive?
None of that was my intent. There are certain things I cant stand. Rape and rapists are in the top 3. I guess I should have chosen my words a little more carefully as to not offend your sensitive nature, although that was not my original intent. It just came out that way. Things get lost in translation.
If you're looking to argue, look somewhere else. Im not the person who will join in that game. Sorry you took offense. Im done discussing this with you from here forward. Best wishes.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Looking for self defense stats came across this.

Women using knives or guns as self defense were raped less than 1% of the time.

Though still looking for where they got this info.
edit on 1/2/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by kimish

It can work because a gunshot to a predator will prevent further attacks.
It's common sense, If you go to "date" rape someone and they shoot you and you live, You'll be less likely to commit another rape or attempt of rape. And look at the stats of repeat offenders of rapes.... Guns seal the deal. Think logically with your brain as opposed to emotion. That's what causes problems.

Tell us, oh logical one, why is rape in America so frequent? According to you, America should have the lowest rape rates in the world, with your high gun count. So, what's the problem? Why doesn't your country have the worlds lowest rape crime statistics?

One better, where are all the rapists who are shot in the act of attempted rape, they're in a very, very, very small minority. Generally, rapists don't get shot.

So now surely you see how flimsy your argument it is. You have a nation with high rates of rape and a surprising number of rapists who haven't been shot. How peculiar. Rape is so common, shouldn't rapists be turning up dead left and right?

Yes, look at the cities in the U.S. with the highest crime rates, look at their gun laws and then look at demographics (that's another thread in it's own that isn't allowed on ATS). But don't be naive or don't play coy. Surely you're smarter than that or you're a schill or a troll. One of the 3. Stupid, paid for disinfo or like stir up controversy (drama queen)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

You done venting your spleen and being aggressive?
None of that was my intent. There are certain things I cant stand. Rape and rapists are in the top 3. I guess I should have chosen my words a little more carefully as to not offend your sensitive nature, although that was not my original intent. It just came out that way. Things get lost in translation.
If you're looking to argue, look somewhere else. Im not the person who will join in that game. Sorry you took offense. Im done discussing this with you from here forward. Best wishes.

Oh yes, I'm at fault. How dare I take issue with somebody telling me that I'm sick and condone rape. How unusual and sensitive of me to take offence.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It's common sense, If you go to "date" rape someone and they shoot you and you live, You'll be less likely to commit another rape or attempt of rape. And look at the stats of repeat offenders of rapes.... Guns seal the deal. Think logically with your brain as opposed to emotion. That's what causes problems.

Tell us, oh logical one, why is rape in America so frequent? According to you, America should have the lowest rape rates in the world, with your high gun count. So, what's the problem? Why doesn't your country have the worlds lowest rape crime statistics?

One better, where are all the rapists who are shot in the act of attempted rape, they're in a very, very, very small minority. Generally, rapists don't get shot.

So now surely you see how flimsy your argument it is. You have a nation with high rates of rape and a surprising number of rapists who haven't been shot. How peculiar. Rape is so common, shouldn't rapists be turning up dead left and right?

Yes, look at the cities in the U.S. with the highest crime rates, look at their gun laws and then look at demographics (that's another thread in it's own that isn't allowed on ATS). But don't be naive or don't play coy. Surely you're smarter than that or you're a schill or a troll. One of the 3. Stupid, paid for disinfo or like stir up controversy (drama queen)

Did you fit enough insults into that post?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I would not trust wiki for stats like this. I would only trust original sources due to the fact that nearly anybody can edit a wiki article.
edit on 2-1-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I would not trust wiki for stats like this. I would only trust original sources due to the fact that nearly anybody can edit a wiki article.

www.unodc.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Did you fit enough insults into that post?
[/quote

When stating facts and the inevitable become wrong or politically incorrect than you know you've been brainwashed.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

What a crock of sh.t. Using a situation in a MALE DOMINATED society where women are considered guilty when they are raped as justification for arms.

India is not an islamic country, if that's what you're implying.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

India is still misogynist and has backwards opinions about women.

Indian gang-rape victim commits suicide

According to the victim's sister the teenager was under great pressure from police. “The police started pressuring her to either reach a financial settlement with her attackers or marry one of them," she told Indian NDTV network.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Can i first say also scottish...

and then *sigh*

You non gun grabbers (im guessing that would be the correct lingo for this thread) are correct...

Lets arm everyone, then no one can commit a crime against anyone cause everyone will have guns, there is some sound logic based on Fact...

Ahh the "west" when men had guns at the side and people got shot for nothing, or say areas of africa or the eastern european block, or some of asia all fine examples of everyone being armed everywhere, israel etc. its good to have folk have guns no bad comes of that madness.... (i wish i was a meme whore so i could whack a facepalm photo up)

its ass backward logic to arm everyone for safety, if you cant see that then this argument and this thread has ran its course...

just as a thought, a better attempt at being civil, using government correctly and activley policing the country *may* work.....

Just my thoughts though

edit on 3-1-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

This should be interesting as most Hindu women tend to be utterly psychotic. But given all the other feminist stuff going on in India, this should help kill marriage/limit population growth in India.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

You gun grabbers need to open a book and read history. Hell you live in Scotland... do you love being a slave to the English??

Scotland is not slaved to the English. They have there own Parliament and have a choice whether to remain part of the UK or to go for independence and what has your remark got to do with gun control.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Heaven forbid we give a 110 pound woman an effective defense against an armed 200 pound rapist.

You guys are always talking about how knives are just as deadly as guns. Whenever there is a mass shooting you say "but they could be using knifes!", then you point to knife crime in other countries and how 20 people were killed in a knife attack etc, they're just as efficient at killing, you say.

Using your own gun defending logic, wouldn't these women be just as safe carrying a knife. They don't need a gun, do they? Mass murderers don't need a gun to kill people, why would Indian women need a gun to kill people. They can both get the job done with knives.

Or have you changed your minds?

That's silly and inconsistent. A knife still requires physical strength to wield. A firearm removes the physical strength form the equation and gives a woman a better chance at self defense.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

America has 1/5 the rate of rape in than the UK. Disarming your women has not helped them much, has it?

According to a news report on BBC One presented in 12 November 2007, there were 85,000 women raped in the UK in the previous year, equating to about 230 cases every day. The 2006-07 British Crime Survey reports that 1 in every 200 women suffered from rape in that period. It also showed that only 800 people were convicted of rape crimes that same year, meaning that less than 1 in every 100 rape survivors were able to convict their attacker.[42][43] According to a study in 2009 by the NSPCC on young people aged between 13-18, a third of girls and 16% of boys have experienced sexual violence and that as many as 250,000 teenage girls are suffering from abuse at any one time.[44][45] 12% of boys and 3% of girls reported committing sexual violence against their partners

The Department of Justice estimated that 188,380 Americans were victims of sexual violence last year. Only 84,767 assaults defined as forcible rapes were reported in 2010, according to national statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Slightly higher number of rapes in a population 1/5 the size of the US roughly equals a fivefold individual risk increase. But it is okay that women are more likely to be raped in the UK, right? As long as those women don't have an icky gun all is good?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by ashtonhz8907

The comparison of which country has more rapes is a little sick. There should be NO rapes. Anywhere at any time.

I agree, which is why I am against disarming women. Rapists prefer helpless victims.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'll never understand why so many disenfranchised and abused minorities will willfully disarm and demand all their peers disarm as well.

It must be a hold over from when cointel-pro infiltrated the Panthers.

Now rather than being strong, independent and responsible all these groups would rather be door mats and cower in the corners to wait for their oppressors to come save them.

Refusing someone, anyone, the means to protect and defend themselves is a crime against humanity.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

When hundreds of concerned women turned up in person at the Delhi licensing office, they were told that the threat of rape and violent crime “could not be reason enough” for them to obtain a firearm, and officials were ordered by their superiors to hand the women a letter assuring them that “their daughters were indeed safe on Delhi’s roads.” How a letter would be any use against a violent rapist was not explained.
So gun grabbers. Do you support the rape and murder of these innocent women? Do you, in your self-righteousness, deny them the ability to defend themselves? What about your own daughters, sisters, mothers? Would you prefer they be brutally raped and beaten to death instead of having the right and ability to defend themselves?

The incident generated massive public outcry against the treatment of women in India and a call for tougher anti-violence laws. Figures show that a woman is raped in Delhi every 14 hours and rape cases have doubled in India since 1998. Government efforts to step up police patrols have failed to reduce the rate of violent crime targeting women.
This is no onetime thing. It is an epidemic and it is growing quickly. Is it ok because only one woman is being brutalized at a time?

Link

What a load of rubbish, is that your answer to throw guns into the mix, not much of a solution is it? You just get people shooting each other, panicky people killing innocents etc.

Better policing, attitudes to women in India also need changing and its already started, the protests have begun.

The whole world is talking about India's attitudes to women, continuing inability to see women in any role other than mother, child or spouse. Thousands of female foetuses and infants each year are killed because they are not male and the outdated thinking too the deep seeded caste system.

Your answer is to provide guns? give me a break, your comments are offensive and has absolutely 0 to do with guns.
edit on 3-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I wasn't aware of that and it's very tragic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join