It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Women Turn to Guns After Gang Rape Outcry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
More rape in the UK than USA........... Just saying.........

www.nationmaster.com...

Nevermind didn't realize it was already posted.
I should stop reading only the first page.
edit on 1/2/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

The comparison of which country has more rapes is a little sick. There should be NO rapes. Anywhere at any time.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Then why, as his been pointed out twice to you now, does America suffer more rape crimes than most European nations?
Because you are either mistaken or lying. I am not sure which, therefore I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go with mistaken and too lazy to research. In rapes per capita, the US did not even make the top 50 countries in 2008(the latest I could find a breakdown for) and in 2009 we were #57 for total number of rapes. I stand ready to receive your apology for such a brazen misstatement of fact.

Link

You're mistaken. As of 2010, there is 0.273 rapes in America per 1,000 people. Using your own source, there are only 2 European nations with higher incidence of rape
I don't see that. 2009 is the newest year I see. Where is your 2010 link?

Wikipedia rape by country statistics page

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

True but it happens and there is no such thing as a utopia never has been never will be.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Is that per Capita? That makes a world of difference.
Also, How many crimes could've been prevented if the victim were armed?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Again, How many crimes could've been prevented givin the person attacked was armed? I know I'd back down if someone pulled a gun on me, How about you? Honestly. If you needed money for your wife and children and you went to attack someone for what they had to provide for your family and you pulled a gun, don't you think they'd run?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

It can work because a gunshot to a predator will prevent further attacks.
It's common sense, If you go to "date" rape someone and they shoot you and you live, You'll be less likely to commit another rape or attempt of rape. And look at the stats of repeat offenders of rapes.... Guns seal the deal. Think logically with your brain as opposed to emotion. That's what causes problems.

Tell us, oh logical one, why is rape in America so frequent? According to you, America should have the lowest rape rates in the world, with your high gun count. So, what's the problem? Why doesn't your country have the worlds lowest rape crime statistics?

One better, where are all the rapists who are shot in the act of attempted rape, they're in a very, very, very small minority. Generally, rapists don't get shot.

So now surely you see how flimsy your argument it is. You have a nation with high rates of rape and a surprising number of rapists who haven't been shot. How peculiar. Rape is so common, shouldn't rapists be turning up dead left and right?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

obviously its per capita, what other criteria would we use?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Not many i suppose according to this

For Some Who Served, an Awful Betrayal of Trust ‘The Invisible War,’ Directed by Kirby Dick

The Defense Department estimates that 22,800 violent sex crimes were committed in the military last year alone, and the filmmakers calculate that 1 in 5 women in military service has been the victim of sexual assault.

movies.nytimes.com...

So there you go. Women still get raped in an enviroment where they are armed and have received propper training.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Right you are. Its just sad that we have such sick individuals living in our society. To me, a rapist it the worst scum on the face of the earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

The comparison of which country has more rapes is a little sick. There should be NO rapes. Anywhere at any time.

There is nothing sick, from anyone in this thread, in attempting to identify contributing factors to rape, then debating the best means of REDUCING rape. That's what we're all fiercely arguing about, what we think the problem is and what we think the solution is. It's important to establish the facts because a solution can't be decided on without them.

What's sick is you repeatedly either suggesting people are okay with rape, or trying to guilty trip people for discussing rape figures. That's about thrice that you've done that. You've been told already. Wind your neck in.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Our drug laws are different and the U.S. has a larger population than any European nation. Remember, Europe is a continent comprised of Countries.

In the U.S. not everyone carries or even has a firearm. If you look at the Cities where rapes are more prevalent you will find that those cities have restrictions on firearms. That makes a world of difference.

BTW, not all stats are per capita. Thanks .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm sorry for what happened to you, but you need to have a logical discussion and not reply out of emotion. Firearms can, will, and have prevented violent crimes and rapes. But there are no stats on that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Based on data I seen from the Wikipedia source, rape stats are declining in the USA while remaining stable in the UK. Either way I'm gonna say counts of rape are not related to guns, although I do believe in the case of violent rapes it may be much more beneficial to be armed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Our drug laws are different and the U.S. has a larger population than any European nation. Remember, Europe is a continent comprised of Countries.

In the U.S. not everyone carries or even has a firearm. If you look at the Cities where rapes are more prevalent you will find that those cities have restrictions on firearms. That makes a world of difference.

BTW, not all stats are per capita. Thanks .

The stats I'm referencing are per capita, and they put the US rape frequency higher than almost all European countries.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Do US cities with gun restrictions have higher rapes because of gun restrictions, or were gun restrictions introduced as a means of tackling an already existing high crime problem?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm sorry for what happened to you, but you need to have a logical discussion and not reply out of emotion. Firearms can, will, and have prevented violent crimes and rapes. But there are no stats on that.

What happened to me?

Strange also that there are no stats on guns preventing violent crimes and rapes. You would think police would have records of that sort of thing. Do Americans not inform the police after they brandish guns around and chase off would be rapists?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont trust any reported rape statistics.

A declining rape trend could indicate either a successful campaign in rape reduction or conversely indicate that women no longer trust the legal system to deliver justice and do not report the crimes.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Wind my neck in? Rape is a disgusting crime. PERIOD. Possibly the worst crime. That is my point. If you dont like it, dont read my posts.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Wind my neck in? Rape is a disgusting crime. PERIOD. Possibly the worst crime. That is my point. If you dont like it, dont read my posts.

It sickens me to see people so adamant about hating an inanimate object that they would actually condone women being violated violently.

The comparison of which country has more rapes is a little sick.

You've been making underhanded and offensive remarks throughout the thread. People discussing rape statistics sicken you(which is an insult to most in the thread), and before that you had the audacity to actually slander people as condoning rape because they oppose guns! I couldn't think of any more disgusting way to behave than to accuse people of CONDONING rape for their view on guns, to tell people that they're sick for discussing rape occurrence by country.

I'll repeat again: Wind your neck in.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting bit of info I ran across.

www.gunfacts.info...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join