It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Women Turn to Guns After Gang Rape Outcry

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

True, if there is a campaign to arm rape victims, then rapists are simply going to start carrying guns, which is problematic to me. Unless you're one of those people who thinks murder is less serious a crime than rape.

Well in that case it was both at the same time, so...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli
Alright ...calm down .. so here's what you do ladies.. so they won't issue you a gun ..? ok ... go down to your local army barracks ..pay the guy at the armory a few buks and get yourself a 9 mm hand gun .. and six pack of grenades ..

Keep a couple of knives hidden also under them nice clothes .. in a country of corruption .. you can get anything ..

Then .. say six morons show up harassing you ... start with the 9 ..ask questions later ..it's late and isolated .. nobody cares anyways ...

If they have guns...and you know you're gonna be raped .. grab two grenades and keep your fingers on the pins ..that should make them think twice ..

worst case ....take out the bastards .. six at a time ..you might as well if you're going down ..

Emmm, I know you are being sarcastic...but that's exactly how I would like to roll!

I would absolutely seek to maim and kill rather than allow myself to be brutally raped.

Does society just expect a woman to lie there and take it...like a good girl...even without consent?

Balls to that! I will be noone's spittoon, beating post or bench.

I will seek to impart maximum pain in defence of my own life and my absolute right to not be raped.

I am female - I understand I am weaker physically...therefore I need to be cleverer, dirtier and better equipped than my assailant.

I will damage him.

p.s. You wont get guns from a barracks by the way...too traceable.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by lolita64
reply to post by yorkshirelad

No doubt the men would shoot the women AFTER raping them and claim the armed woman was going to shoot them for no reason.

EXCEPT... the men wouldn't be able to rape the women and would get shot first.

You gun grabbers need to open a book and read history. Hell you live in Scotland... do you love being a slave to the English?? What is it with all the people in the UK being so brainwashed to love the state?? Is there something in the water or what?

Women get raped all the time in America. Guns don't stop rape. What stops rape is living in a decent society, a democracy, you know, with liberal laws, healthcare, education, no death penalty, no guns, no conservative assholes with backwards attitudes towards women.

The Scottish aren't slaves to the English, by the by. That's a common misconception that only a politically ignorant person would make. Scots are very influential, they certainly have reputation politically. You need only look at the number of Scots in government and in the city of London to know that. If you think otherwise then you need to learn your history and increase your knowledge of British politics.

Oh, and his name is YORKSHIRElad. I'm assuming he's from Yorkshire, Yorkshire being a county in England. In which case, I doubt he'd mind being a slave to the English being that he is English. Who knows, maybe he owns a castle in Scotland and has an army of Scottish slaves working his land?

Guns most certainly do stop rape. You see, a rapist, being shot (preferably multiple times), is no longer capable of rape.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise

Originally posted by junglimogli
Alright ...calm down .. so here's what you do ladies.. so they won't issue you a gun ..? ok ... go down to your local army barracks ..pay the guy at the armory a few buks and get yourself a 9 mm hand gun .. and six pack of grenades ..

Keep a couple of knives hidden also under them nice clothes .. in a country of corruption .. you can get anything ..

Then .. say six morons show up harassing you ... start with the 9 ..ask questions later ..it's late and isolated .. nobody cares anyways ...

If they have guns...and you know you're gonna be raped .. grab two grenades and keep your fingers on the pins ..that should make them think twice ..

worst case ....take out the bastards .. six at a time ..you might as well if you're going down ..

Emmm, I know you are being sarcastic...but that's exactly how I would like to roll!

I would absolutely seek to maim and kill rather than allow myself to be brutally raped.

Does society just expect a woman to lie there and take it...like a good girl...even without consent?

Balls to that! I will be noone's spittoon, beating post or bench.

I will seek to impart maximum pain in defence of my own life and my absolute right to not be raped.

I am female - I understand I am weaker physically...therefore I need to be cleverer, dirtier and better equipped than my assailant.

I will damage him.

p.s. You wont get guns from a barracks by the way...too traceable.

Sure you can .. corruption is a beautiful thing when you want something ..speaking from experience here ..they'll even file down the serial for ya if it makes you feel better ..
Women need to develop a sixth sense also about how they dress .. where they hang out .. which bus they're getting on ..especially when they are alone .. goes with the territory ..
Some martial arts training would help too ..size has nothing to do with it .. if you know something like Aikido ..you can easily take down 5-6 of them by snapping necks in a second ..get home in time for dinner ..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Ok, just so your aware. You come off as someone that isn't just anti-republican but anti second amendment. That being said I don't consider myself republican but I do believe in the right to bare arms. That being said, let me clarify how I feel about the issue.

Yes, guns and knives are both weapons and can easily be used to effectively kill people. No, technically in most situations a gun is a more efficient weapon. However, in no way do I think that is a reason for stronger gun control because both of them can be used to deadly effectiveness and in both cases they are merely tools. It's like blaming a spoon for an obese persons problems when the issue lies with the person wielding the spoon, not with the spoon because it makes the person a more effective eater, and stricter laws only prohibit law abiding citizens from obtaining guns, so ultimately stricter gun laws will only make law abiding citizens more vulnerable to harm both from wackos and government tyranny. People obtaining guns through illegal means will still find ways to get them and they will still hurt people from time to time but if they take guns away from law abiding citizens then I think massacres will only become more common or when they do occur, they will continue longer then they could before someone intervenes.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Then the person being raped at least has a chance to try and something about it if they have the gumption and if not then they aren't really any worse off then when they started.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by junglimogli

Aikido te is my martial art.

I am not stupid enough to put myself in harms way or to think it can save me from any rape.

That would be shortsighted.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join