Indian Women Turn to Guns After Gang Rape Outcry

page: 1
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

When hundreds of concerned women turned up in person at the Delhi licensing office, they were told that the threat of rape and violent crime “could not be reason enough” for them to obtain a firearm, and officials were ordered by their superiors to hand the women a letter assuring them that “their daughters were indeed safe on Delhi’s roads.” How a letter would be any use against a violent rapist was not explained.
So gun grabbers. Do you support the rape and murder of these innocent women? Do you, in your self-righteousness, deny them the ability to defend themselves? What about your own daughters, sisters, mothers? Would you prefer they be brutally raped and beaten to death instead of having the right and ability to defend themselves?


The incident generated massive public outcry against the treatment of women in India and a call for tougher anti-violence laws. Figures show that a woman is raped in Delhi every 14 hours and rape cases have doubled in India since 1998. Government efforts to step up police patrols have failed to reduce the rate of violent crime targeting women.
This is no onetime thing. It is an epidemic and it is growing quickly. Is it ok because only one woman is being brutalized at a time?

Link
edit on 2-1-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)



+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Gun Grabbers are the ones who want to rape and pillage not put an end to any of it.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
The Gun Grabbers are the ones who want to rape and pillage not put an end to any of it.
You are correct. That is one of the reasons they want us disarmed so that they can rape and pillage us with no fear of resistance,



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

When hundreds of concerned women turned up in person at the Delhi licensing office, they were told that the threat of rape and violent crime “could not be reason enough” for them to obtain a firearm, and officials were ordered by their superiors to hand the women a letter assuring them that “their daughters were indeed safe on Delhi’s roads.” How a letter would be any use against a violent rapist was not explained.
So gun grabbers. Do you support the rape and murder of these innocent women? Do you, in your self-righteousness, deny them the ability to defend themselves? What about your own daughters, sisters, mothers? Would you prefer they be brutally raped and beaten to death instead of having the right and ability to defend themselves?


The incident generated massive public outcry against the treatment of women in India and a call for tougher anti-violence laws. Figures show that a woman is raped in Delhi every 14 hours and rape cases have doubled in India since 1998. Government efforts to step up police patrols have failed to reduce the rate of violent crime targeting women.
This is no onetime thing. It is an epidemic and it is growing quickly. Is it ok because only one woman is being brutalized at a time?

Link
edit on 2-1-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

What a crock of sh.t. Using a situation in a MALE DOMINATED society where women are considered guilty when they are raped as justification for arms. I mean come on, switch the brain on. The MEN would be armed for f...s sake. No doubt the men would shoot the women AFTER raping them and claim the armed woman was going to shoot them for no reason. The male dominated legal system is never ever going to find them guilty and the women will be too dead to defend themselves.

This is a sign of desperation.

Thank God I live in a gun free country.


+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


Heaven forbid we give a 110 pound woman an effective defense against an armed 200 pound rapist.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


Heaven forbid we give a 110 pound woman an effective defense against an armed 200 pound rapist.


You guys are always talking about how knives are just as deadly as guns. Whenever there is a mass shooting you say "but they could be using knifes!", then you point to knife crime in other countries and how 20 people were killed in a knife attack etc, they're just as efficient at killing, you say.

Using your own gun defending logic, wouldn't these women be just as safe carrying a knife. They don't need a gun, do they? Mass murderers don't need a gun to kill people, why would Indian women need a gun to kill people. They can both get the job done with knives.

Or have you changed your minds?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy
 


Youre lumping me into a category. I never said any such thing.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i think in this case they should ban all penis' (sp?). Since we don't want the the women to actually defend themselves, we should just cut off all the dicks in the country. You never know when penis may rape you. Or we could just castrate all of the men in the country...



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
i think in this case they should ban all penis' (sp?). Since we don't want the the women to actually defend themselves, we should just cut off all the dicks in the country. You never know when penis may rape you. Or we could just castrate all of the men in the country...



I would vote for that.

When are you standing for government?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy
 

The gun is the great equalizer. A gun allows a 90 pound woman to stand equal with a 250 pound man. A knife isn't going to do that. A knife against unarmed women and children just leverages a pre-existing advantage that men generally already possess. I believe that all citizens should be armed as they see fit, not as the predators would have us.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad
 



No doubt the men would shoot the women AFTER raping them and claim the armed woman was going to shoot them for no reason.

EXCEPT... the men wouldn't be able to rape the women and would get shot first.

You gun grabbers need to open a book and read history. Hell you live in Scotland... do you love being a slave to the English?? What is it with all the people in the UK being so brainwashed to love the state?? Is there something in the water or what?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by GrandStrategy
 


Youre lumping me into a category. I never said any such thing.


I know, that's why I said "you guys", if it doesn't apply to you then one of you guys that has been saying it(and there's a lot of them) can pick up the baton.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I take it "gun grabbers" is the latest label being thrown around on talk radio?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   


So gun grabbers. Do you support the rape and murder of these innocent women? Do you, in your self-righteousness, deny them the ability to defend themselves? What about your own daughters, sisters, mothers? Would you prefer they be brutally raped and beaten to death instead of having the right and ability to defend themselves?


Straw man much?

Your claim is shameful.

Better policing and deal with the laxity when it comes to crimes victimizing women in this country would be a good start, compared to giving every one a gun.
edit on 2-1-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy
 


Haven't you ever heard "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"?

I am not for taking away anyone's right to defend themselves either gun or knife. Do you really think the criminals who are setting out to commit crimes such as rape, battery, etc are fine with breaking those laws but in no way are going to break a firearm law?

What kind of logic are you working with exactly?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
reply to post by yorkshirelad
 



No doubt the men would shoot the women AFTER raping them and claim the armed woman was going to shoot them for no reason.

EXCEPT... the men wouldn't be able to rape the women and would get shot first.

You gun grabbers need to open a book and read history. Hell you live in Scotland... do you love being a slave to the English?? What is it with all the people in the UK being so brainwashed to love the state?? Is there something in the water or what?


Women get raped all the time in America. Guns don't stop rape. What stops rape is living in a decent society, a democracy, you know, with liberal laws, healthcare, education, no death penalty, no guns, no conservative assholes with backwards attitudes towards women.

The Scottish aren't slaves to the English, by the by. That's a common misconception that only a politically ignorant person would make. Scots are very influential, they certainly have reputation politically. You need only look at the number of Scots in government and in the city of London to know that. If you think otherwise then you need to learn your history and increase your knowledge of British politics.

Oh, and his name is YORKSHIRElad. I'm assuming he's from Yorkshire, Yorkshire being a county in England. In which case, I doubt he'd mind being a slave to the English being that he is English. Who knows, maybe he owns a castle in Scotland and has an army of Scottish slaves working his land?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
reply to post by yorkshirelad
 



No doubt the men would shoot the women AFTER raping them and claim the armed woman was going to shoot them for no reason.

EXCEPT... the men wouldn't be able to rape the women and would get shot first.

You gun grabbers need to open a book and read history. Hell you live in Scotland... do you love being a slave to the English?? What is it with all the people in the UK being so brainwashed to love the state?? Is there something in the water or what?


Like..eh?

Talk about generalisation. What a disgusting attack.

Go on. Tell us how you are a stand out intellectual with zero cultural bias.

I am also Scottish. What paradise are you from?



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I take it "gun grabbers" is the latest label being thrown around on talk radio?
I don't know. I don't listen to talk radio. It is an apt description though. I think I read it for the first time over at infowars though I may have seen it someplace else.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs


So gun grabbers. Do you support the rape and murder of these innocent women? Do you, in your self-righteousness, deny them the ability to defend themselves? What about your own daughters, sisters, mothers? Would you prefer they be brutally raped and beaten to death instead of having the right and ability to defend themselves?


Straw man much?

Your claim is shameful.

Better policing and deal with the laxity when it comes to crimes victimizing women in this country would be a good start, compared to giving every one a gun.
edit on 2-1-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)
Better policing?
Be serious; "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away". If and when they do show up, they might shoot you or your dog. They might go to the wrong address and shoot your neighbor. No thanks. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.



posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by GrandStrategy
 


Haven't you ever heard "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"?

I am not for taking away anyone's right to defend themselves either gun or knife. Do you really think the criminals who are setting out to commit crimes such as rape, battery, etc are fine with breaking those laws but in no way are going to break a firearm law?

What kind of logic are you working with exactly?


Oh sure I've heard that. I also heard of about 95% of Americas pro-gun posters crying from the roof tops that knifes are deadly as guns, that guns shouldn't be banned because people can kill just as many and just as easily with a knife.

I guess suddenly everyone's changed their mind now seeing as there hasn't been a mass murder in America for a week or two. Now we're back to 'guns are much more deadly than knives, knives aren't a good deterrent because they're useless'!?!!?!?

it's just funny to me that people hold polar opposite opinions and interchange them to suit the situation. When some American kid shoots up a school next year, I guarantee we'll be hearing again how knives are super deadly, and that by getting rid of guns the crime won't drop, because people will do the same with knives, and we'll see all these stories about "look, someone in china on a knife rampage!"

i'm just wondering, for my own sanity. Are guns significantly more dangerous and effective than knives or are they not? because i think i'm going mad seeing all the republicans on ATS flip-flopping around





top topics
 
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum