It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Collapse leading to a new dawn for the Southern States?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
There is a lot of doom and gloom over the collapse over the Yankee run federal government. I think it's imminent. They've over-extended themselves into a new Great Depression.

Now, history repeats itself, and if the Great Depression can repeat itself, I think the War of Northern Aggression can repeat itself. If the federal government tries to implement some bill to do something wholely incompatible and offensive to good folks, like, I don't know, repeal the second amendment. "Hey, guns hurt people, folks. Don't use them. We've gotten rid of our citizen's right to own guns in New York and look how great it is there"...I think everywhere past the Mason-Dixon line would revolt at once.
A 3rd American Revolution, just waiting to happen. The South can rise again. We don't need these Yankee problems and debts, and the federal government will burden us with it's debts. Forget join or die, we're like Chang and Eng, the two conjoined twins. Either we cut the healthy one free of the dying, or we die with it.

Southern states aren't in this alone.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
People are hungry down here, but people are dying up north. People without heating, or food. People freezing to death in the North. You won't see that happen here. Down in the south, we don't have the big cities that you see up North. We don't have a 'New York", a huge monument to selfishness and inhumanity. In the south, we've got small, interweaved communities that care for eachother. When my house burnt down, my neighbors, friends, and family cared for me and my kin. You won't see that in the North. They'd sooner stomp you down and spit on you while you lie broken on the pavement.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Grifter42 because: Edited for clarity.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

People are hungry down here, but people are dying up north. People without heating, or food. People freezing to death in the North. You won't see that happen here. Down in the south, we don't have the big cities that you see up North. We don't have a 'New York", a huge monument to selfishness and inhumanity. In the south, we've got small, interweaved communities that care for eachother. When my house burnt down, my neighbors, friends, and family cared for me and my kin. You won't see that in the North. They'd sooner stomp you down and spit on you while you lie broken on the pavement.

really, you just have the luck of not having the weather they do up north. OMG How funny. I don't know to laugh or be sad for you. It would happen in the tens of thousands down here if some freak snow/ice storm hit here. And no nobody would rescue the tens of thousands who don't even have heaters in their homes down here (because temps never go down that much) I do see them spit on the down fallen here or they offer them work for no damn pay or promise pay and never give you it. So they can get the free work. I've seen it here. Just google Florida Sugar cane field lawsuits.
edit on 2-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by Grifter42

Your post has absolutely no basis in fact regarding the North at all.

Your post is the result of generations in your family hating the North and as a result you hate the North and believe everything you wrote.

I can play too.

In the North we have culture and a modern lifestyle with schools and roads. You will not find this in the South. In the North we willingly payhigher taxes so that we do not have to live alongside incest and slackjawed yokels who put more effort into their tractor engine than they do into their own children's education.
When I graduated highschool I was sent to a wonderful New England university for a fantastic education. You will not find that in the South.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Matter of fact, there is an elephant in the room.

I have seen Honey Boo Boo and so has the rest of the country. We all know what the South is when left to its own devices.

Honey Boo Boo.
You need the North

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

In the North we willingly payhigher taxes so that we do not have to live alongside incest and slackjawed yokels who put more effort into their tractor engine than they do into their own children's education.
When I graduated highschool I was sent to a wonderful New England university for a fantastic education. You will not find that in the South.

That was deliberately incendiary, and I'd prefer if we debate this rationally, without resulting to childish remarks like that. Being Southern does not mean we're a bunch of inbred hicks. And that tractor comment is way off base. That's more of a midwest thing. Down here, we all own pick up trucks. Now, I understand that the subject of debate might lend itself to anger, but it's unnecessary for one to make barbs and jabs like that. I won't sink down to your level, however, to call you something like an "Ivy League something or another".

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrSpad
Yeah good luck with that. Florida will stick with the Union and considering that the Fed is one of Texas largest employers so will they. You can have Alabama, Arakansa, Kentucky, and the rural areas of Georgia.

Hell yeah, lets do some mud slingin'. What do you know about the rural areas of Georgia? Or Lousiville KY? Louisville is about the most neutral city I have ever been to when it comes to being Northern or Southern.

Where are you from? Wonderful LA or NYC or DC? Chicago or Detroit? Excellent examples of how the US should be.. Florida is with us!

I am from Florida. And the reasons I say the rural areas of Georgia is that the cities sure are not leaving.

In Georgia its more like THE CITY, Atlanta, and Ted Turner owns all that.

Ted would secede just because he likes a good fight.
edit on 2-1-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I never said anything about red or blue, political orientation is a sham entirely. What we need to do is withdraw from the Union. And since when was Alaska a southern state?

Well we're not a southern state, however Alaska holds very similar values as the southern states believe it or not. We might not let Texas forget they are the second largest state
, but other than that we definatley have very silimlar views

Grim

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't believe what I wrote. That's the thing. You believe the things you wrote. You believe that people in the South are caring and communal in your small communities. Ready to help their neighbors at the drop of a hat, while Northeners are too concerned with their Prada bags or their stocks to help their neighbors. That Northern cities are merely a reflection of greed and excess rather than human accomplishments and progress.

Of course my previous post was ridiculous. I was trying to show you how it looks when someone pigeon holes an entire geographical region into a silly, prejudicial, incorrect stereotypical statement.

Post Sandy, which was the worst storm in my lifetime anyway, I have seen the most wonderful people helping one another and doing the most kindhearted things. According to you though, that only happens in Bammy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Fair enough, but the idea is to return to a more self sufficient state, and less of the spread too thin current arrangement. Now, Alaska would probably do pretty well on it's own. Got a lot of resources, got a lot to trade.
You know, perhaps if the U.S. were split into quarters it would do better. You've got the North East as it's own commonwealth, you've got the midwest, you've got the South, and you've got all them north-western states.

This arrangement would allow for trade and civility amongst the regions, but would have preventative measures in place to disallow the formation of another oppressive and all-encompassing empire. You know, when the Roman Empire fell, it gave an opportunity for new nations to grow out the ashes. Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, and Switzerland and many others sprouted new life, and prospered. Who is to say that such a thing would not be beneficial in the long run for the regions that now make up the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I don't believe what I wrote. That's the thing. You believe the things you wrote. You believe that people in the South are caring and communal in your small communities. Ready to help their neighbors at the drop of a hat, while Northeners are too concerned with their Prada bags or their stocks to help their neighbors. That Northern cities are merely a reflection of greed and excess rather than human accomplishments and progress.

Post Sandy, which was the worst storm in my lifetime anyway, I have seen the most wonderful people helping one another and doing the most kindhearted things. According to you though, that only happens in Bammy.

Perhaps Sandy did bring out the best in people, but what I said holds water. The smaller communities ARE more tight-knit and supportive. And these big cities draw tons of materialistic and egocentric people who ARE more concerned with what brand of shoes and shirt and bag and so on and so forth. They are very much so a reflection of greed and excess. And yes, Alabama is a very nice state. Beautiful countryside as far as the eye can see. Small towns dot the map like a hundred Mayberrys out of Andy Griffith. I have kinfolk there, but I don't live there myself. You don't see folks holding a couple hundred dollar purse in Alabama. That sort of thing just doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

any secession will be from the outsiders...
in California-Arizona-New Mexico...all the flood of illegals from the south will essentially take-over thoe 3 states

then theres the forcefull compliance to Muslim culture and Sharia Law up there in the metro areas in Michigan such as (i believe its called) Detroit-istan

the political correctness system is allowing the waves of non-Americans to control at least the 4 states i have mentioned.... now the status of Texas might get very dicey in 2013 as the normal ways of social interaction get attacked by the immigrants and middle eastern religious activists

call it an type of secession from historical Federalism, or a take-over by hostiles...in any case some of the present 50 states are due for radical takeovers

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not talking about immigration here. That opens up a whole can of worms that would get figured out once the rest of the pieces were in place. Besides, cheap labor is good for agricultural production. I'd appreciate it if you'd not racebait here. There's many creeds and colors in Dixie, and most of them are equal except for the snowbirds.
Mind you, immigration coming from the North into the South I'd frown upon, as it happens every winter when they come down and bring all the cold weather and bad attitudes from the North with them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by speeddr2000

The fact is that no matter how you look at it, any state removing itself from you the Union is effectively commiting financial suicide. At least in while they attempt to find the remedies that are available to them. Either internally or externaly via other agreements with other states or nations.

~Tenth

Not Texas!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And if Texas can do it, so can other states. And who's to say there wouldn't be commerce and trade? No federal government doesn't mean that goods and services just disappear. Paper money wouldn't be worth much, but barter and gold and such would flourish.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Down in the south, we don't have the big cities that you see up North.

Are you like 5 years old with an IQ of 10? No cities down south? Nashville, Memphis, Houston, Asheville, Durham, Birmingham, the list goes on and on

We don't have a 'New York", a huge monument to selfishness and inhumanity. In the south, we've got small, interweaved communities that care for eachother. When my house burnt down, my neighbors, friends, and family cared for me and my kin. You won't see that in the North.

YEa you must not be too bright. I live up North and in the last 10 years of my life allowed 5 different friends live with me rent free until they can get back on their feet, or save $ for a wedding, or a house, or to detox of alcohol.

I've lived down south and up north there is just as many people helping others. There are just more people up here.

They'd sooner stomp you down and spit on you while you lie broken on the pavement.

I'm sure if I was down there, and you guys knew I was a yankee, I'd get treated like crap. I lived in W. Tennessee for a year and all the good ol' boys treated me like crap until I came over for a Bar-B-Q, moonshine sipping, and gun shootin. Then I was good.

You know what though, if your up North, and get a flat tire with a rusted lug nut you cant get open, I guarantee you will have at least a dozen people stop by and help, depending on what part of town your in

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Again, you resort to ad hominem attacks. And I was being relative. Sure, the south has cities, but none on the magnitude of New York, the festering pinnacle of the North.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Again, you resort to ad hominem attacks. And I was being relative. Sure, the south has cities, but none on the magnitude of New York, the festering pinnacle of the North.

It doesn't matter that it's the biggest and in the North. It's a city.

I've been to Atlanta, Memphis, Miami and various other Southern cities (I've also lived in NY for a year) and you know what, all your Southern Cities are replicas of what's going on in NY. All those SOuthern cities also have guns, deaths, hookers, drugs, criminals, rapes, and all the other disgusting things you find in NY you can find in Southern cities.

If you combine all Southern Cities and read the crime stats, they will outnumber the crime stats in NY alone

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And Houston isn't a festering Pinnacle? How about Dallas/Fort Worth? Or even Lubbock for that matter and I was born and raised in Lubbock.

Take your own advice and stop with the attacks on other areas of the country. Why this divisive rhetoric?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm not against the entire people of them. More so the Federal Government. Being passionate about one's beliefs is not being divisive, it's called being entitled to your own opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join