It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Collapse leading to a new dawn for the Southern States?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just feel that if it had all happened differently, if the Confederacy had successfully seceded all those many years ago, that things would be better now. I believe slavery would have ended by itself. The men inside the confederacy were not monsters. They were men trying to defend their state rights which were being infringed upon by an increasingly oppressive federal government.

Let's talk about a certain president. A president who is so controversial that he divides the nation. Suspends the very constitution of the united states. Furthers the cause of Federalism laying tracks for all the evils we have today like over industrialisation and the Reserve Banking system and so on. These policies are so inflammatory that he has to march troops on fellow Americans to keep them from leaving the exploitative Union. Shots are fired, and soon so much American blood is wasted so badly.

His name was Abraham Lincoln, and he's one of those people like Christopher Columbus, who the public worships, and thinks is so great, but under the varnish of government white wash, is rotten inside.

The men of the Union were not saints. Ulysses S. Grant was a drunk, and William Tecumseh Sherman ought to have been convicted of war crimes for what he did.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, as the old saying goes, Revolution tends to come in threes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
I just feel that if it had all happened differently, if the Confederacy had successfully seceded all those many years ago, that things would be better now. I believe slavery would have ended by itself. The men inside the confederacy were not monsters. They were men trying to defend their state rights which were being infringed upon by an increasingly oppressive federal government.

Let's talk about a certain president. A president who is so controversial that he divides the nation. Suspends the very constitution of the united states. Furthers the cause of Federalism laying tracks for all the evils we have today like over industrialisation and the Reserve Banking system and so on. These policies are so inflammatory that he has to march troops on fellow Americans to keep them from leaving the exploitative Union. Shots are fired, and soon so much American blood is wasted so badly.

His name was Abraham Lincoln, and he's one of those people like Christopher Columbus, who the public worships, and thinks is so great, but under the varnish of government white wash, is rotten inside.

The men of the Union were not saints. Ulysses S. Grant was a drunk, and William Tecumseh Sherman ought to have been convicted of war crimes for what he did.

It seems very strange to me that the US public worships Lincoln and vilifies Nixon.

When you really look at their Presidencies and the actual people, Lincoln was a monster (who amongst other things, wanted to solve slavery by deporting slaves back to Africa) and Nixon was one of the most moderate Republican Presidents in history (he created the EPA, followed through on Kennedy's plan to land men on the moon (was the only President to do this), and was a crusader for many other positive things).

Lincoln is remembered for freeing the slaves, not for the massive Federal debt that he incurred right after it was almost completely paid off, or the massive bank bailout that he did to support his issuing of the new currency, the greenback. He also suspended habaeus corpus (not done again until GWB), decared war without an act of Congress, and several other very, very bad policies.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Nixon was actually a decent president compared to Lincoln. Sure, he was a sneaky rodent of a president, and he handed control of health care to big business, but atleast he shot less of his own countrymen. Sure, you had Kent State, and such, but many, many orders of magnitude less than that of the uncivil war.

Nixon was a goon, but atleast he had character. Lincoln's the man that authorized the slaughter en-masse of thousands upon thousands of Americans. He should have let them secede rather than paying that death toll.
But he was indeed a tyrant. Like a dozen other South American and African leaders who fight a brutal civil war against their own countrymen.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

You drink Coca Cola? You can thank a confederate veteran named John Pemberton. Pride of Dixieland.
And I'll have you know that Robert E. Lee didn't own slaves. You know who did? That worthless drunk Ulysses S. Grant. He was a degenerate, and a terrible president. Pride of the Union.

Coke is disgusting. Now I know why.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

No, I'll have you know why coke is disgusting these days: It all dates back to the dawn of "New Coke", which taken at face value was a marketing gimmick to increase popularity in old formula coke, but in reality, New Coke was formulated to be so different from Old Coke as to make it so people wouldn't notice the switch from sugar to corn syrup when they returned to making old coke.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join