It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

No, it is equal to loving others as yourself. He mentions both in response to the question, meaning neither take precedence over the other. I love god with all my heart and all my soul just as Jesus said because I love myself and others as myself.

To summarize your answer: "because you believe differently than me." Is that about right?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So... because the Pharisees didn't understand his meaning that means the kingdom of god wasn't within them? If it wasn't within them then why did Jesus say it was? You're running yourself in circles again.

edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ETA: If Jesus was a woman (which I suspect) then this would fit perfectly with child birth. No one can reach the father (heaven) without first being born from their mothers womb or of water (amniotic fluid) and spirit (consciousness).

No one can reach the Father without first being born by their mother's womb (water) and then born of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So... because the Pharisees didn't understand his meaning that means the kingdom of god wasn't within them? If it wasn't within them then why did Jesus say it was? You're running yourself in circles again.

Can you point me to the verse so I can read the rest of the context? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I agree!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The same one I listed earlier. It's located in Luke 17 and the specific verse is 21. The Pharisees asked him where the kingdom of god was and he answered within them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Jesus said that loving the Lord thy God came first and loving others came second.

Jesus also said that if you didn't know him first, then you didn't know his Father.

I know this doesn't make sense to those who don't understand that Jesus is God.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I agree!!!

Not entirely.

The Holy Spirit isn't consciousness.

We have a consciousness that's separate from the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Jesus said that loving the Lord thy God came first and loving others came second.

Jesus also said that if you didn't know him first, then you didn't know his Father.

Makes perfect sense to me.... and I know Jesus is NOT God

Go figure...

edit on 6-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You're right, my mistake. Did you miss the part where he says the second is "like" the first? That means both are equal.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

How are they separate exactly? Care to explain?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Luke 17:20-24

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

If you read all of these verses, you can tell that Jesus tells the Pharisees in verse 21 that they should not tell everyone Lo here! or, lo there!, but in verse 23 you can tell that's exactly what Jesus is telling his disciples that the Pharisees will do, so not to listen to them. Jesus makes it clear that there will be no mistaking his coming in verses 24.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That still doesn't answer why Jesus said the kingdom of god was within the Pharisees.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It absolutely blows my mind that Christianity is taken seriously, but the idea of reincarnation is looked at jokingly or as a demonic trick!

Really? Jesus re-animated his dead body and walked around talking to people and ate food, but someone who remembers living before this life is dillusional or demonic? Really? The murder of this man cleansed the world of sin, if only one believes, but the idea of reincarnation is nuts? Really?

Buddha was the "Jesus" of Hinduism!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Go figure...

Akragon, are you saying that you know Jesus is the Son of God who came to fulfill the scriptures so that there would be eternal life in heaven?

edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That still doesn't answer why Jesus said the kingdom of god was within the Pharisees.

Here's the key. If they understood what he was talking about, then it would have been true for them. Maybe some of them understood and maybe some of them didn't. Even a believing Pharisee wrapped Jesus' body before he was put into the tomb, so I don't think all of them were blind.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

Could you point to a source that proves, without a doubt, that they are hoaxes?

Well, I cited one, and if you google "Essene Gospel of Peace hoax" you'll find others, but not many. As is typical of this sort of thing, the deception is so blatantly obvious that few put forth the effort to debunk it -- it is beyond ridiculous to believe that Jesus taught on eating and lifestyle choices that didn't exist until about 50 years prior to the 1930s, and which were previously promoted by the "translator" of the document.

Extraordinary claims, such as that, require extraordinary evidence, but in this case, there is no evidence, so there is no reason to believe it.

What are your thoughts on the earthly mother?

Well, us Catholics are frequently accused of making Mary the fourth person of the Trinity, lol, but that's not me.

God, apart from Jesus, doesn't have a gender, so it's superfluous to talk about a "mother" to offset the "father" (God is depicted as male in the Bible because the Jews were a patriarchal society.)

If you're talking about Gaia, though, no, I see no reason to personify the planet in that way.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Go figure...

Akragon, are you saying that you know Jesus is the Son of God who came to fulfill the scriptures so that there would be eternal life in heaven?

edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Not exactly...

Im saying Jesus is the son of God, who came to show humanity how God wants us to live... Thus eliminating sin from the lives of those who understand his words. Now that is not to say that we do not sin... but sins are forgiven if we forgive others...

Love and compassion for all life...

God is within all life... Thus loving our brothers as we love ourselves also fulfils his first commandment as well as the second...

He also came to show us that the God of the OT is NOT his Father... God is not Jealous or envious... These are qualities of the OT God, Not the Father of Creation... they are human faults, and not qualities of perfection, but greed and selfishness...

I could go on and on, but this isn't really the topic at hand...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How are they separate exactly? Care to explain?

Our consciousness is not God's consciousness and our thoughts are not God's thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

John 3:12-13

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yet he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers at one point. A Pharisee is a Pharisee is a Pharisee.

He told these "brood of vipers" that the kingdom was within them, why? They obviously didn't understand the meaning because they asked the question, so why would Jesus say such a thing to unbelievers who didn't understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join