Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

What's so absurd about it? Is living in harmony with nature absurd to you?

You say that lifestyle didn't exist before 1880 but you forget John the Baptist. He lived in the wilderness and ate honey and locusts and fasted, as did Jesus. To assume the lifestyle didn't exist is ignoring history and your own book.

ETA: Extraordinary claims like the gospels of peace require evidence other than the books themselves, but the gospels of the bible don't? That's called a double standard.
edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Just so you know, just because Christianity doesn't believe in reincarnation doesn't mean that we think the idea is nuts or a joke. I can definitely see why people believe in it. If you can believe in resurrection, you can believe in reincarnation as the ideas are not that far apart. One believes in their soul being resurrected into a human body again and the other believes in resurrection into an eternal heavenly body. I just don't know why anyone would ever want to live another human life on this particular earth! That's all!

ETA: Besides not wanting to live another human life, I haven't seen any evidence that there's an advantage to it in terms of mankind evolving or changing it's ways. You would think that if people are constantly learning, that society would get better, not worse.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

There are trillions of other planets out there, what makes you think you'd end up in a place like Earth all the time? You could be reincarnated on a planet that isn't corrupt like ours, you could be reincarnated as something else other than human too. Just because Earth is like this doesn't mean everywhere else is too.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

ETA: Besides not wanting to live another human life, I haven't seen any evidence that there's an advantage to it in terms of mankind evolving or changing it's ways. You would think that if people are constantly learning, that society would get better, not worse.

Really? Life had never been better for the average person. Look at health care, food and fresh water, schools and infrastructures, satellites, cell phones, TV, ATS!, space exploration!

It's not perfect yet, and spirituality has something to with that, in my opinion, but we're getting better.

Truth be told, if I had my wish, I'd like to do THIS life over. There's some mistakes that I would like to remember NOT to make!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Then we have to ask ourselves, why do some people come back to earth, as that is the only evidence that we have to go by?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Really? Life had never been better for the average person. Look at health care, food and fresh water, schools and infrastructures, satellites, cell phones, TV, ATS!, space exploration!

Unfortunately, no matter how much those things advance, I don't see it as making my life better.

What would make my life better is to not be surrounded by people I know I can't trust and who just took 25 years of my husband's life work and washed it down the drain by unethical practices and greed.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I hear that!

Although I can't understand how a live's work can be flushed down the drain.......I worked as a lowly waitress at some pretty fancy places, that sustained me and my family, for most of my life. I always thought that the quality of one's life was more important than pursuing a career, and I enjoyed my freedom. Although I don't judge or fault those that do, my daughter has a pretty fancy career!

Anywho, I'm approaching the big 60, and I can't waitress any more because of a bad feet and torn ligaments. I'm looking at re-creating myself, and it's daunting! This is when faith is important!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Again, Jesus has your answer:

John 3

8 "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

No one chooses where they will go, they just go where the wind blows. Maybe they end up halfway across the universe or maybe they end up here, either way, I believe the destination is completely random.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I definitely believe that reincarnation is a possibility. However, my question would be why don't people remember their previous lives? Are there theoretical reasons for that?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
I definitely believe that reincarnation is a possibility. However, my question would be why don't people remember their previous lives? Are there theoretical reasons for that?

I've read that remembering your past lives would interfere with the lessons you are here to learn in your present life.
You can, however, remember them by going under hypnosis.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You're right, this is when faith is important, because only God can help us now!

You're also right about family being most important. Thank God my family and I have each other.

You lose faith in the world when these kinds of things happen. It's a little more painful when you realize that you've lost everything you thought you had for a future and left holding the bag for something that no longer exists after putting your life into it. All because of one bad apple.

Here's the part I struggle with. I trust no one and fear that it's at a level of possible detriment.

May God bless your endeavors of re-creating yourself while protecting you with his shield!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Dee,
I'm truly sorry to hear of your troubles - and your despair at the thought of living another time here on Earth...

perhaps your fervent wish that you don't "have to" come back and do it again tends to strengthen your firmness in discounting reincarnation?

Above, you cited Isaah and John;

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

John 3:12-13

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

to me, those verses clearly indicate that Jesus was speaking with a more advanced "soul" - one that had realized its true nature -
and that he knew his knowledge was so far above that of the people to whom he was speaking that he didn't expect them to believe him, whether he was speaking about mundane or spiritual matters.

Still, according to "John's" account no one has ascended to Heaven who did not come from Heaven - can that not apply to everyone who is "in heaven" (has passed)?

Anyway, thanks for hanging in here in the thread.

What if you found out that your next go-round would be entirely a step up from this one? That your suffering would be less, because of what you have learned in this one?

Again, it makes me sad to hear of your husband's and your reversal of fortune. The first time you and I interacted was after you had enjoyed a meal out to a dinner theatre with a number of your social group members. ... and you seemed happy. If that is all gone now, I truly am sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Hi, Queen,
welcome to the thread.

There are many theories as to why the memories are dim, if they are present at all.
From the OP,

If people have lived previous lives, why can't they remember?

Most belief systems draw important distinctions between the body and soul, and between the eternal part of the spirit that continues to reincarnate and the identity or ego that is experienced in each incarnation. The physical body is discarded and the ego identity is “forgotten” in the period of pure spiritual existence between incarnations. Through exercises like meditation and prayer, the next incarnation is able to connect with the soul and previous incarnations. This can take a very long time.

The Reincarnation of Souls: Article from a rabbi further discussing reincarnation in Judaism.

Reincarnation and Christianity: Detailed exploration of whether belief in reincarnation is compatible with Christianity.

I believe we do remember, but on a subliminal level;
as our soul matures through eons of "experiencing life", we are able to make better decisions using our "intuition" -
if we can look at patterns from this ONE lifetime (to give a personal example, I have made poor choice after poor choice in matters of romance - but it's only in HINDSIGHT that I see it now) --

I think reincarnation is to the soul as "foresight" and "hindsight" are to us in this earthly cycle -

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Promise me the life of a rock star and I still wouldn't want to come back!

I'm done with the nonsense.

It's time to move on to a place of truth, perfection and rest from the craziness on earth.

As for John 3:13, at the time, Jesus was saying that no man had ascended to heaven because Jesus himself hadn't died on the cross yet to pave the way for that to happen yet. When people died, their souls went to Paradise or Sheol. After Jesus died on the cross, he released those souls before he returned to earth in his resurrected body.

Thanks for the kind words. Luckily, what happened wasn't a total shock and we've been preparing for the possibility for the last couple of years. We're set for the next two years, but the rest is uncertain. We will be starting a new life in a new town and frankly, I'm excited about it. I hope I still feel the same way a couple of years from now!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'm done with the nonsense.

It's time to move on to a place of truth, perfection and rest from the craziness on earth.

If given the choice, would you want to come here again to assist?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You would think that if people are constantly learning, that society would get better, not worse.

This is because you only get one chance to experience life here during each cycle. You cannot die in 1821 and come back in 2020. From the standpoint of above, it does not work like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

We will be starting a new life in a new town and frankly, I'm excited about it. I hope I still feel the same way a couple of years from now!

I hope so for you, too!!

I always enjoyed "new beginnings" - in fact, I guess I'm what some might call "restless" by nature. I tend to get bored with where I am and what I'm doing - and 'starting over' has always had an excitement for me; the possibilities are wide open!

In your new adventure - or, the next leg of this adventure - I wish for you peace and prosperity; happiness and freedom from worry.

Rockstar?!! Heck, I wouldn't want that either....too much pressure. I'm okay just being a regular person and realizing I'm not "all that."

But maybe that is an interesting tangent we can go out on -
if you KNEW you WOULD reincarnate, AND you had some say-so in the matter (based on between-life conferences and reflection) what life would you think you would choose, that would help you continue your soul's growth?

I'm thinking another planet might be awesome - but then, would we still be thinking, "Are we alone?"
Do you think there might be planets (or dimensions), where everyone KNOWS more?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This is because you only get one chance to experience life here during each cycle. You cannot die in 1821 and come back in 2020. From the standpoint of above, it does not work like that.

Hmmm!!
Okay, so, does that mean all the stories of little kids remembering lives right here are actually just imagination?

Do we go to another planet or dimension?
What are the "cycles", please?

EDIT:

Or, are you saying that we don't come back "as the same person"? That our souls come back in another body and circumstance?

edit on 7-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by adjensen

What's so absurd about it? Is living in harmony with nature absurd to you?

No, the concepts being espoused there have nothing to do with it -- the claim that it is an authentic Essene text from the time of Christ is the absurd claim. There's nothing wrong with writing a book that promotes healthy living or vegetarianism or whatever, the absurd part is claiming that the text is 2,000 years old.

ETA: Extraordinary claims like the gospels of peace require evidence other than the books themselves, but the gospels of the bible don't? That's called a double standard.

Again, the extraordinary claim is not the contents of the text, but its source -- it wasn't written by Jesus, or first century Essenes or anyone like that -- all evidence is that it was written by the Hungarian guy in the 20th Century.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Okay, so, does that mean all the stories of little kids remembering lives right here are actually just imagination?

They could remember it as watching from afar, or even here without being in the physical if that makes sense. Also, some, before coming here, are required to read, and then come here. When one reads it is not read like it is done here, but rather shown like a movie. Some of this could bleed over to the mind. Or, they could take memories of before (as in a previous cycle), or from the other places. The other places are very similar to Earth, if you went, you could not tell the difference, unless you started paying attention to details.

What are the "cycles", please?

The cycles are when Father restarts everything and man is placed back on Earth. But, each new cycle will be of different in different ways. Everything is analyzed by Father and changes are made, so next go around is different. It is for man to learn, and also for above to learn to get it right as well.

Father will not give all the answers, many things must be learnt, instead of given.

Or, are you saying that we don't come back "as the same person"? That our souls come back in another body and circumstance?

No, you are your own person always. Above does not intercede on personality or traits, just way of thinking. Your body may be of different, but self will still be of the same. Choices are made for parents, pair, etc.
edit on 7-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join