Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm glad you answered

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What Paul is doing in this verse is trying to convince readers that he himself is not who he speaks of.

I'll never understand how people come up with this notion.

Paul basically repeats the same thing that Jesus had to say on this subject and yet everyone wants to discredit Paul. What's up with that? If you want to discredit Paul, you must be discrediting Jesus too, because he also spoke of false prophets.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Glad you edited the "one with" God part into that statement by the way...

Honestly, I only did that because I didn't want to get into that battle again here on this thread because I know it's lost on most people here.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John said that.... Jesus did not..

How quickly we forget what Jesus said about John.

What happened to "my sheep will hear my voice"??!!

So, now that we've seen members of this thread discredit the Old Testament God, Paul, Jesus and John.

Who's left??!!

edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Honestly, I only did that because I didn't want to get into that battle again here on this thread because I know it's lost on most people here.

hahaha! Very true!

Good form ol man!

2 stars for that!

How quickly we forget what Jesus said about John.

What happened to "my sheep will hear my voice"??!!

Great question but it has nothing to do with the topic...

Show me the passage where he said specifically I AM GOD...

Not I AM... with a reference to Abraham...

not a reference from John, or another "author"...

The man specifically...

So, now that we've seen members of this thread discredit the Old Testament God, Paul, Jesus and John.

Who's left??!!

Ya Paul sucks...

And theres nothing wrong with John's gospel... just his "revelation"...

But this is all besides the point... that being the topic at hand

By the way, theres only one person left...

You should know who...

edit on 6-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Who's left??!!

Moses, because that's the real person of issue since he's the one who wrote about God/Jesus before he showed up here.

And what did Jesus say about Moses?

John 5:39-47

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

(the only scriptures in existence when Jesus said this in verse 39 was...drumroll...the Torah and Tenach a.k.a. the OT)

41 “I do not receive honor from men. 42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 44 How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Of course you won't because you block it out.
To admit Paul was a false apostle would mean an eternity in hell, somewhere no one wants to go, especially if you believe in such a place.

Read about Paul's history before "converting" and you'll know why I'm skeptical of him.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I don't understand. You think that if I don't believe in Paul's words that I think I will go to hell? What difference does it make? Paul said all the same things Jesus did. Do a search on all of the times that Jesus himself spoke about hell. All Paul did was repeat Jesus. Not believing Paul's words doesn't change anything.

By the way, due to Mary Magdalene's past history, should I not believe that she was a true follower of Christ?

edit on 6-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

By the way, due to Mary Magdalene's past history, should I not believe that she was a true follower of Christ?

I think dan brown was right on this one...

I don't believe she was what the bible says she was... im not saying she was his wife though its possible... but a prostitute?

Can't see it...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Paul taught faith and salvation, to deny him would be to deny salvation, correct? Without salvation or faith you go straight to hell, right?

The fact is a LOT of Jesus' teachings were kept out of the bible in order to suppress his message. If you want Jesus' real message (imo), read the Gospels of Peace. They speak of both a heavenly father and an earthly mother. They completely suppressed his message about the Earthly mother in order to push their male-centric religion.

If there is a father then where is the mother? Why is a mother never mentioned in the Gospels? It's only logical to think there would be a mother counterpart to the father, no? The Gospels of Peace answer this question in my opinion. Try reading it, you may learn something.

ETA: I don't think Mary Magdalene ever existed personally. I think her name was put into the story to cover up who she (he) really was. She wasn't a prostitute or whore if that's what you're getting at.
edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If you want Jesus' real message (imo), read the Gospels of Peace.

The Essenes Gospel of Peace? That's a well known hoax from the 1930s -- it was written by some Hungarian doctor to promote his ideas of healthy eating and living. Here's a reference: Strange New Gospels, the bit about the Gospel of Peace is under "Edmund Bordeaux Szekeley".

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Even the Essene Gospel of Peace had this to say...

But I say to you, Sons of Man: Honor your Earthly Mother and keep all her laws, that your days may be long on this earth, and honor your Heavenly Father that Eternal Life may be yours in the heavens.

www.essene.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Could you point to a source that proves, without a doubt, that they are hoaxes? I have yet to find one, so maybe you could point me in the right direction? Have you read them or are you basing your assumption on someone else's word?

The sayings and parables within them ooze Jesus in my opinion. It even contains some verses that are supposedly those of dear old Paul. 1 Corinthians 13:13 is an example, it is contained almost word for word within the first book of the gospel.

If this really were a forgery then why would he yank one of the more famous verses from the bible and put it into his hoax? That doesn't make any sense to me, why would he risk something so obvious when he was trying to hoax people? What makes more sense (in my opinion) is that the gospels are real and have been hidden away by the Vatican for centuries and Paul plagiarized them in order to sound more humble and godly than he actually was.

If you believe such deep words are the product of a hoaxer wanting everybody to eat berries and grass for no real reason then what makes you think Paul couldn't have done the same? Paul had bigger fish to fry than this "hoaxer" did, namely power and wealth. The Catholic Church is the richest institution in the world and that is not a coincidence my friend.

What are your thoughts on the earthly mother? Do you believe "it" exists or is god the only "one-sided coin" in all of existence?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

And it's 100% true. I'm not sure what your point with this was. I never denied there was a heavenly father, what I have issue with is that the bible never mentions or even discusses anything about this earthly mother, not even once. I find that highly suspect.

Why is this? Maybe because the heavenly father and earthly mother are One? And if people knew this then they would realize that we are in heaven now and the churches "prize" for having faith is a lie? I think so.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And it's 100% true. I'm not sure what your point with this was. I never denied there was a heavenly father, what I have issue with is that the bible never mentions or even discusses anything about this earthly mother, not even once. I find that highly suspect.

Why is this? Maybe because the heavenly father and earthly mother are One? And if people knew this then they would realize that we are in heaven now and the churches "prize" for having faith is a lie? I think so.

And, 3NL, I agree with you 100%.

Of course they are one! And when we fail to honor and respect our "mother" the Earth (face it! Right? Without Earth, we'd be......well,

we'd NOT BE.)

It is "highly suspect."

--------------------------------

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm still here, watching and reading.

That said, how did the obvious Trinity of "Mother, Father, Son" manage to eliminate "Mother"?

Misogyny. That's how

edit on 6-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's because the Bible is mostly about the eternal kingdom of God, not earth.

The current earth is not eternal.

When it's replaced and a new combined heaven/earth is given, then it will be eternal, but it won't resemble the one we're currently living on.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Exactly! Paul was a misogynist for sure. One example:

1 Corinthians 14

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be In submission, as the Law says.

Also, where in the bible does it state that women remaining silent is a law, other than this verse? Is Paul making his own laws as he goes along or what? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Where is the kingdom of god if not here in this universe?

Luke 17

21 nor will people say, 'Here it is', or 'There it is', for the kingdom of God is within you.

From Jesus himself, take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The kingdom of God is only within us until the day when we are all joined together on the new heaven/earth with God himself. The Bible tells us that the current heaven and the current earth will pass away and a new one is being prepared....for all of us to live together with God.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So the kingdom of god being within us doesn't mean anything to you? If it is already within you then what is the point of faith? Isn't that the whole point of faith? To get to the kingdom of god?

You're just making excuses now. Don't worry, you'll still have eternal life through reincarnation even if you don't believe it. That's what's so beautiful about it, everybody receives the free gift of life forever no matter what they believe. This is the real gospel that Jesus preached in my opinion.

Oh, and new heavens/Earths are being created every second of every day throughout the universe through natural processes, so yeah, I agree with that part.

new topics
top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join