It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representing Christ = RE-Presenting Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Todd White is a guy that looks a lot more like what the bible says we should look like than "Joe Christian" of today.

My "fire" for Christ was smoldering, but the Holy Spirit used this video to relight it. If you have the time... watch it. If you don't have the time... find it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's nice to see people like this. He's a much better representation of Christ's message then people like that Westboro(SP?) Baptist Church. Those people should be thrown in jail.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnKoontz
It's nice to see people like this. He's a much better representation of Christ's message then people like that Westboro(SP?) Baptist Church. Those people should be thrown in jail.

Even westboro should be loved though, we can't say they are worse than anyone else, but i will agree that they make Jesus look a lot less appealing to people. One day the Truth will be known by all and the knee of the wicked and the righteous alike will bow.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

5 mins i lasted before i couldn,t listen to no more......to me its like a group of people sitting being brainwashed,,,,i have no idea what hes says for next 60 mins but bet its all about trying to convince people what he says is fact and your wallets talk.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

The truth won't change weather you acknowledge it or not.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
what a crock of sh**t.....just watched last 4 mins.....ur a warrior man?.....plz don,t tag everyone being gullible to this cult.

there i said it.... first 5 and last 5 mins is all i need to know whats in the rest and trust me if thats the fact of religion then i,ll happily stay a non believer.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Also watched a few minutes here and there, basically telling people that they shouldn't blame God for all the injustice of the world, and that they should take responsibility for their own actions. I agree with that sort of thinking.
But no way could I watch more than a few minutes, as I am not a brainwashed Christian as many in his audience obviously are.
His message is probably alright but his way of telling it is pretty unbearable.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The world didnt like Jesus, so why would they like someone living as Christ lived...

your responses do not surprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I hear some flamboyant preacher preaching the same old tired words that I've heard since I was a little kid. Nothing new, nothing profound in his words.

How are we supposed to know anything about the way this guy is "living" his life when he gets off his stage?

Your assertion that he is living his life as Jesus did is absurd. Is this guy married? Does he go from town to town, walking on water and turning water into wine, raising the dead and healing the sick? Does he keep a group of followers in tow, who wash his feet? Does he yell at church officials, calling them a brood of vipers? Does he overturn tables at the church Bazaar?

I thought not.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

Also watched a few minutes here and there, basically telling people that they shouldn't blame God for all the injustice of the world, and that they should take responsibility for their own actions. I agree with that sort of thinking.
But no way could I watch more than a few minutes, as I am not a brainwashed Christian as many in his audience obviously are.
His message is probably alright but his way of telling it is pretty unbearable.

I could say Amen to that. Biggest problem I have here is that the bible is not the word of Jesus but is anecdotal and secondhand, and the net result of that is biblical confusion by reinterpretation to suit your face, some of it bad some of it good IMO. through all the chaff I see Jesus as a historical figure who had empathy with all of us as human beings, that makes him a human being, or at least a sympathetic alien. That he died on the cross, and was taken up to heaven after a period of resurrection is probably the hardest thing to believe in context, except in the case of Jesus being an alien revived, and not a God. In a word or two, Jesus is not the bible, he is part of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

"God, I'm just here because I want to be like You." When you can sum up your existence in this one thought, rejoice.

Thanks, OP. I enjoyed this and will share it.
edit on 12/29/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by iSHRED

"God, I'm just here because I want to be like You." When you can sum up your existence in this one thought, rejoice.

I find very confusing when Christians say that they aspire to be like God.

Isn't that what we're always warned was the crime of Adam and Eve, believing that they could be like God?

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:"

Doesn't the Bible constantly say that foolish and sinful people are those who try to be like like God. Isn't that why God destroyed the Tower of Babel and confused the languages?

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

How can a Christian aspire to become like God? Is that why many of them are so judgmental and gleefully calling for wrath and hell fire?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by AnnKoontz

Even westboro should be loved though, we can't say they are worse than anyone else, but i will agree that they make Jesus look a lot less appealing to people. One day the Truth will be known by all and the knee of the wicked and the righteous alike will bow.

Meh,
How can you say that on a group, rather than the individuals within it, I don't agree for one minute that as a group they are not worse as anyone else

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
Todd White is a guy that looks a lot more like what the bible says we should look like than "Joe Christian" of today.

My "fire" for Christ was smoldering, but the Holy Spirit used this video to relight it. If you have the time... watch it. If you don't have the time... find it.

For the beginning 2:04 minutes of this video all the guy does is a microphone simulation of a bass guitar and a percussion section.........and this you say "relit ....the ""fire"" for Christ" which was "smoldering". Ok if that type of psuedo, new age Christian, mumbo-jumbo works for you........wonderful.....BUT as

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by iSHRED

I find very confusing when Christians say that they aspire to be like God.

How can a Christian aspire to become like God? Is that why many of them are so judgmental and gleefully calling for wrath and hell fire?

........Dem's fighting words.........

All you hypocrites want to do is fight about who is right, who is better.......who is smarter....(certainly not this Todd White; money-grubbing :
, false prophet,
etc.) none of you seem to give a damn about what Christ said, which was "to love one another" If that's not enough to light a flame or want to read the bible to enlighten yourself for why you are on this planet >>then>>nuff said.

God Bless and May His Peace and Love Find You!!

edit on 29-12-2012 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Todd White found AWESOME LOVE and it turned his life around. To want to emulate God and LOVE AWESOMELY is not a bad thing.

Keeping it real.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

........... "To want to emulate God and LOVE AWESOMELY is not a bad thing.+

Keeping it real

Yes, I BELIEVE, to keep it real...........here is 'one' if not the best place to keep it real>>>>>>>>>>

In your journey to emulate God and Love is very powerful and noble.....a personal journey...to understand, ask quesions, and to investigate the 'truth's" of Jesus and God. A wonderfully noble journey, which opens questions and more questions and answers.

Did not Martin Luther challenge the Holy Catholic Priests and Popes for their emphasis on monetary rewards of salvation?, "He strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God's punishment for sin could be purchased with money"

It requires a beginning of understanding, open-mindedness:

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

So, all of the new-age prophets and preachers may publish on YT their messages, (and I am not here to shoot the messager) However, to truly begin to understand God/Jesus' Love for All mankind, the Bible is probably the best place to start.

Then, after reading, you can begin to question, research how the Holy Bible was put-together by Constantine around 343 A.D. roughly.

My main thought and response is: It is fine and dandy to post some of these well constructed videos, however, caution is required to see through some of these money-making false prophets, just a word to the wise, Do your own research and then be able to articulate, why you believe, how you came to believe in God, HIs Son Jesus, and how are living the inherent beliefs, truths, love that God wants us to live, perform and share.

Perhaps I was little too sharp of my criticism, I humbly reflect on my own personal defects and ask for forgiveness.

People are entitled to believe as they wish, I only suggest to go back to one of the Oldest source documents and start your journey as to what you believe in, why? And may the answers, which in my experience, allow us to live, speak, and share the true meaning of Christ/God. Learn to love another, to love thyself and to practice these but simple suggestions, as we live in this Wonderful World., The Truth is out there, you only but must want to find it. Peace and Love to All of you!!
edit on 30-12-2012 by ItDepends because: rephrase sentence

edit on 30-12-2012 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Video's very interesting so far.. thanks. Church! S&F

Repping His Name.

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought OMG that's what I'm trying to do with my new Avatar and background, re-presenting him, in this case as a type of mystery to be solved, the answer and realization to which may vary from person to person based on their own unique personal experience, but in every case there's a triumphant smile to be had at the expense of all our prior sorrow and ignorance when taken to it's logical conclusion, and that's main point that I'm trying to get across. A transcendant love relationship beyond sorrow and suffering ie: the kingdom of heaven.

Here's my post on what it represents from another thread for anyone who's maybe interested in what I'm trying to communicate or re-present re: Jesus Christ and his Greater than Great Work in a shared triumph.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
What my Avatar represents - Part One.

My avatar and background who's creative process can be seen starting on page 15 of the BTS Avatar Creation Thread, re-presents The Bride of Christ referenced in the very last page of the Bible (which I'm sure some of you will be more than happy to close the book on lol).

The Earth Below represents the manifestation of the creation, which, given our rather cosmologically unique Earth-Moon-Sun relationship (which I believe that Jesus Christ the historical figure, utilized, in performing his Great Work, more on that in the thread linked in my signature) is, imo, a perfect demonstration of a high precision-engineered superintelligent design, intended for this very life we live; a design embedded straight into the original Creation from a First/Last cause in eternity (Alpha and Omega) who's final realization, as a cosmic evolutionary process, is man (the gestation period of whom does coincide, coincidentally..with a period of the lunar cycle), and where the apex of prototypical man is represented in the person of Jesus Christ as the ultimate man among all men, fully self realized and actualized and in perfect, harmonious relationship with God as the Absolute Godhead both made manifest, and as the hidden unseen one spirit of the universe ie: source and presence. "God is spirit and truth" (said Jesus to the woman at the well). Sorry for the run-on sentence structure..

The dawning sun represents the hope for the dawning of a new age of spirit and reason conjioned/comingled (Spirit and the Bride), and the star conjunction, that represents in more ways than one, the actual Star of Bethlehem which precedes the dawning sun (as our present moment, daily sun, hey every day's a new day) and as such also represents the dawning of a new age in the person of Jesus Christ as the manifestation by which the harmonious design and intentionality of the Absolute Godhead became transparent ie: communicated or made known, as the love of God personified or embodied in the fullness of time and history, even cosmic history.

It (the Star of Bethlehem) is comprised of the con-joining of an actual photograph of Jupiter and Venus in close conjunction taken late last year in 2012 (reorganized for this purpose and brought together to the point of contact ie: conjoined). Based on my research in regards to the real Star of Bethlehem, the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter is a fair and accurate rendering/representation of an actual historical occurance in spacetime which took place around 3BC (more in the Real Star of Bethlehem series in the thread linked in my sig).

The background starfield actually contains (somewhere in there) the Zodiac SIgn of Aquarius, which also represents the New Age to come, at least in terms of the repeating of the long precession of the Equinox, a 26000 year cycle soon to start all over again when Aquarius intersects the ecliptic arc of the rising winter solstice sun, which is to take place sometime within the next 40 years (I need to go research that). And you thought 2012 was bad just wait until we actually reach the real life "Age of Aquarius" LOL!

Next up, the scene taken from Leonardo da Vinci's Masterpiece "The Last Supper", why Jesus is wearing a Santa hat, why there's a full red moon on the horizon over Mary's shoulder (sometimes, as I have another background with no moon and another with rising moon), and why there's a purple star-rise hidden behind the white ball ball in Jesus' hat... continued in another post soon (this is getting tiring! lol).

Don't worry, it starts to get funny, if you look into it and take the inquiry all the way to it's logical if not ultra-rational conclusion, both very funny and very loving is the final "context and framing" by which I would like to have my avatar interpreted, gravely serious I might add, but also extremely humorous and infinitely loving, just like the actual occurrence in human history that it represents and signifies and attempts to communicate symbolically.

Everything was made by the father (first father of creation) for the son (child of God) because of love.

Deny Ignorance.

stay tuned for NewAgeMan's avatar explanation - Part Two..

Happy New Age!

NAM

NAM's Avatar, Part Two

Actually I don't need a star lol, and "part two" is better left as a mystery to be solved, and can only be understood within the context of what da Vinci was really pointing to with the whole painting, where all around the section that I've taken for my avatar, there's pandemonium in the room..

So the pieces of the puzzle of the mystery to be solved can be found both here

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Zoom+Scroll Leonardo da Vinci's Blasphemous Joke "The Last Supper" in High Res.

and in the thread linked in my signature, for those who will..

Let me know if in the process of following it to it's logical conclusion, you "got" the grave (and liberating) humor and the symbol of everlasting love and illumination that I intended to be decoded through this use of what I would call "exoteric esoterica".

And who doesn't want to solve the real da Vinci code..?

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. Again, happy New Years, we'll start with 2013 and just take it one day at a time.

P.S.S. I'm just trying to "rep his name" well and with reason in today's world and for the ATS community, to maybe re-examine, re-inquire into and take another look at.

Praise the holy name of JEEEEEEE-ZUZ! Yeah! Hallelujah. Amen.

Oh how I love the person of Jesus Christ.. phew.

And without him I'd be screwed, and now I'm royally screwed in the best possible way!

Onwards and upwards Christian friends, and those who are drawn and made curious, God bless you all.

NAM

edit on 30-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Considering the fact that "Christ" did not right the bible, the bible itself is a RE-presentation of him, that is if he existed at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by iSHRED

I hear some flamboyant preacher preaching the same old tired words that I've heard since I was a little kid. Nothing new, nothing profound in his words.

How are we supposed to know anything about the way this guy is "living" his life when he gets off his stage?

Your assertion that he is living his life as Jesus did is absurd. Is this guy married? Does he go from town to town, walking on water and turning water into wine, raising the dead and healing the sick? Does he keep a group of followers in tow, who wash his feet? Does he yell at church officials, calling them a brood of vipers? Does he overturn tables at the church Bazaar?

I thought not.

You clearly didn't watch the video......

Most of you didn't watch it and i can tell by how you respond in the thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I watched enough of it. I watched the beginning several portion throughout and the end.

Sorry, I don't see him living the life of "Christ." I see a man talking, preaching and getting all worked up! Noting new. Nothing divine. Nothing compelling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join