It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Angels? Real or not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'd like to hear if anyone has had what they believe to be an experience with an angel. I'd also like to know if there are any ways in which to test if a human who says they are an angel, is really an angel or not.

For myself, I have had 2 experiences, but I'm not sure if they were angelic in nature, or by a guardian. Once when I was about 9 years old, I was hiking with my dad all day in a national forest. There were some tea-berries along the trail, and though my dad told me it's ok to chew the leaves but not to eat the berries, I kept eating the berries anyway. My dad isn't much of an outdoor person actually, so he thought they were not very poisonous and that I would have to eat dozens to get sick. That night I became extremely ill and with a high fever. I remember laying on the sofa and suddenly having a vision like I was in a hedge-maze. There was a little guy that came up to me and said his name was Tom and that I needed to follow him. After that I came to because my mom and my sister were calling my name. They said I was staring into space and not responding.

The 2nd time happened when I was 20 years old. I had been kicked out of my house by my parents. (I grew up in a volatile household, and with a mentally ill mother, and strange father). That night I didn't know where to go and the temperature was already down into the 20's by about 9PM. I had on jeans, a hoody and a coat over top of that. I didn't know where else to go, so I found a hay field at the edge of town near a place I used to rent. I got in between two huge round bales of hay, pulled out a bunch of hay to make a pile in between, and covered myself the best I could in it. I fell asleep and at some point started dreaming of Tom again. He was extremely tiny and kept calling me by my name and saying, "you have to wake up, its too cold, get up now, you have to wake up". When I woke up, I was probably nearing hypothermia. It was extremely cold and I just wanted to fall back asleep, but somehow I knew if I did, that I wouldnt wake up. So I got up and walked all the way across town to an abandoned house with some old mattresses. I looked at someones thermometer in front of their house and it was down in the teens at that time.

Those two experiences have always stuck with me. Can't wait to hear others stories.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Honestly I don't believe in religious things or religion but I remember onetime when I was about 14 I thought I saw a angel or sometype of white being on the corner of the street. I saw wing but not spread open n the person or thing was fully white, I never said anything to anyone in the car cause I was speechless n I was scared that they would think I was a crazy kid. But that's my story

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
First of all, your parents sound like crappy people.

Second, go through he list of threads i have authored. It's a long list, but somewhere in that list, there is one entitled, "two encounters with Extraterrestrial life.

If you ever really met an angel, there would be no question about it. An angel is something that the word," angel" does not come close to describing. An angel is something that is far beyond anything you have ever known. Looking at the appearance of an angel could overload your physical body's life essence capacity. Then, you die from seeing too much beauty. It sounds unheard of, but it's real. They are qualitatively MUCH more than we are.

You may have had contact with something, but I don't think it was an angel. Not from the description you gave me. If you were to say something like, "there was so much life in his eyes", or "it seemed like it knew me better than I know myself", then I might believe it was an angel.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Angels are real. I know this from personal exp. This angelic being spent more than 30 days with me. She said that she was sent to save my life. Her name was Joah, I had her spell it. I thought I was going crazy at first. I'll give you one example of personal proof that she was IS real. The first time I knew she wasn't just in my head. Down town San Fran. 1991 market st. I think on weds. Food not Bombs served watered down soup and all the bagels you can eat to the homeless ( me ) during the farmers market at the fountain. Big marble slabs were pushed into a pile. Fountain in the middle. I'm passed out on a slab ( with a ball of dough in my belly ) and a big wind comes along. It blew under a large tarp with fat metal framing lifting it into a loop and slamming onto the slab where I was resting!!! A split second before it hit, something grabbed me and pulled me into the air in front of thousands of people. I woke up IN THE AIR with lots of eyes on me. Joah had been with me for a little while.but that was the day I knew angels are very real.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OuterCircle

Have you ever seen joah?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Angels may be able to change forms. What's to say they would appear as an overwhelming sight? In their natural form perhaps that would cause some people to fear.

reply to post by smithjustinb

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

She wasn't a material being. I had visions, voices in my head, This is a long story. Let me get my 20 posts and I'll prob. tell you all about it. May be not.....This wasn't her only miracle, just her first.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Were you or are you on any medication? Or did you do any drugs or alcohol at the time? Even if you did or do, I'm not saying that is the cause of you hearing or seeing anything. I simply like to know for reference from a scientific standpoint.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I was into meth until I lost every thing and ended up on the streets of SF. Joah said I had opened doors that shouldn't have been opened and closed some too. At this point in my life ( the time of Joah ) I had already been on the streets for months with no money. No money means no habit. I was looking for spiritual answers, going to the homeless church and asking questions about what was going on but the best stuff came from her. Please keep in mind, this went on for a while. Lots of things happened. The day she said good by I had not done anything for months. It really is an amazing story. And true.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is For You

I do think that you've experienced an angel, they don't have to look like the one I've seen at all. People think that all angels are supposed to have wings or some other trait but that's not so, they can even be disguised as regular looking people, their appearance can and does vary. The bible says to "Test every spirit to see whether they be of God." Because even angelic noble looking beings can be demonic, you will know them by their fruits, that is, by their actions. I believe that you've seen an angel because it truly cared to help you sustain your life.

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

An angel is a messenger, a helper committed to serving God and his purpose.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

She saved my life and prob. helped save my soul. Some day I might tell all....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, that was interesting what you wrote about having a choice to die or not. Only recently have I heard about some children being given a choice.

reply to post by Wonders

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.
Thanks for sharing what you have shared here.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yeah, God's still working on me, there are more choices to make.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
Angels may be able to change forms. What's to say they would appear as an overwhelming sight? In their natural form perhaps that would cause some people to fear.

Form had nothing to do with it. It was her spirit. She showed herself to me gradually. It was intense when she first appeared as a vague apparition, but as she began to reveal herself more, the intensity of the feeling of her spirit also increased. It got to a point where I knew that if it increased anymore in intensity, that I would die. And that's when she disappeared. Sometimes I wish I would have died because I know that I would be going to where she was.

The look of her face almost killed me. THE LOOK OF HER FACE! Think about that. She's from a place and part of a place that we can't see. Even if it were in front of our faces, we wouldn't know it because our human brain just can't handle that much energy and life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That could vary from individual to individual. I've only ever heard of God/Father's face being so astonishing that man cannot handle.

The point I was making was that you said if we encountered an angel, we would know it. How can we be sure if someone is an angel or not if they are in human form.

For example, someone contacts you and says, "I am an angel in human form". How would you know if they are indeed an angel, a liar, or just plain mentally ill? Something else to consider is that it's said some from below can appear as angels.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Jameliel because: misspell

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It just depends on who you talk to.

If you get one that has been down here for a while, they will talk different than one that has been up there.

From my experience, there are many different ones that you can interact with, and they each have different ways of talking.

Some are very absolute, and some are a little more softer.
edit on 28-12-2012 by mkdir4403 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How do you know if they are lying or not, and what are some of your experiences?

reply to post by mkdir4403

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"Angels" ... "Demons"...

I would just call them all "Spirits" with their own personalities.

Yes, some are very beautiful.

Yes, some invoke anger and fear.

They can put thoughts in people's minds and people wouldn't even be aware, thinking it was their own.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't remember ever meeting an angel. BTW, angel simply means MESSENGER, but according to sources, they don't like being called angels because they do a lot more than simply send messages. It is, however, a term of reference.

I think I saw my guide in a dream once, that's about it. I didn't see her with wings or anything, but I saw the back of her head; dirty blond with frizzy hair and she was kind of short. She started walking away when I was surrounded by my weaknesses that below was exposing.

I think you are asking how to test SPIRITS because angels either do have or are spirits. Jhill posts an informative, comprehensive thread about how to distinguish between above, neutral, and below.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join