It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Angels? Real or not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Though you have eyes to see, you do not see. Though you have ears to hear, you cannot hear.

Stop demanding proof. There is no way to prove anything in this world. For all you or I know, life is only a dream. Believe or do not believe. The only one with anything to lose is you. We would like to help you all, but We are limited. We do our best to answer your questions and erase confusion, but you must understand the need for faith. The Lord of Heaven will be with you always, whether you acknowledge Him or not. The least you could do in return is trust that He knows what He is doing. Trust leads to faith. Faith to love. Love leads to God.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

I have faith just not faith in some God

I have faith in me, I have faith in my abilities, I have in myself as a mother, I have faith in gravity, I have faith in the wonderful creativity of the human race, I have faith in the kindness of some human beings, I have mucho faith

But what I don't have is blind faith in someone else's magical mystical experiences

Stands to reason that I will not and should not take someone else's word of their own subjective experience as truth and as for demanding proof...why not?

The Book of Enoch changed my way of thinking as it resonated with me strongly, but my interpretation of it isn't necessarily the same as anyone elses is it as all is subjective. I have faith that I am correct in my interpretation but I'm not so narrow minded nor fanatical that I cannot accept other interpretations for consideration.
edit on 7-1-2013 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Nobody is asking for blind faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch

Nobody is asking for blind faith.

Sometimes I think you and jhill are the same person. Now you're placing yourself in the realm of "arks" as well? Every single time someone questions him, you come in the thread defending. Strange.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Everything relating to this subject matter is subjective. I find little if any objectiveness in this matter is possible.

This is very true. If an angel came to a person, they will use a method that resonates with said person. For instance, I know of a female who does not follow religion, but when she speaks to hers, there is no mention of anything religious, just what is needed for what they are speaking on.

Each persons experience will be of different. Some will see them as animals, some will see them as angels of light, it is all subjective to said person.

You (and others) state things as being true...that is only your truth...not necessarily mine and you cannot possibly say that your truth is anymore valid than mine or anyone elses'.

I speak on what is as they are, you may see it differently than the others, but it is all the same, if that makes sense. I describe it as a car, you describe it as a transportation method, neither is wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Stands to reason that I will not and should not take someone else's word of their own subjective experience as truth and as for demanding proof...why not?

Proof cannot be obtained over electronic communication period. I can speak all day and all night on a subject, but will it make it any more real if you have not experienced it? The only way proof can be obtained is in person.

I have faith that I am correct in my interpretation but I'm not so narrow minded nor fanatical that I cannot accept other interpretations for consideration.

This is good to hear.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Proof cannot be obtained over electronic communication period. I can speak all day and all night on a subject, but will it make it any more real if you have not experienced it? The only way proof can be obtained is in person.

I have faith that I am correct in my interpretation but I'm not so narrow minded nor fanatical that I cannot accept other interpretations for consideration.

This is good to hear.

But you forgot to tell her that you can only come in person "when Father says you can". And even when you say you have permission, a rewind might happen, or you may just suddenly stop replying without an explanation.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Jameliel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If my experience is truly "other-worldly", then I am convinced others must have had a similar encounter as well, or can at least corroborate some of the ideas the woman expressed.

I was in a bookshop in a large city when a woman asked the clerk if she could use the bathroom. The clerk dismissed her, so I offered to help her find a bathroom in a nearby restaurant. She appeared a bit disheveled (my thought was that she was probably homeless) so I offered to buy her lunch. We walked and talked, but truth be told, I found most of what she said fairly nonsensical. She would flutter between cryptic remarks about "the circle man" who she sees occasionally in this area (the neighborhood we were in was named after the circle) and more light-hearted comments about incense, soft things, etc. I generally thought that she a nice lady but maybe just a bit crazy.

I think that we started out just talking about the world and human nature (once her conversation was focused on a specific topic, she was fairly engaging). At some point, I remembering just *thinking* a question passively to myself...and she answered. I tried it again and she answered. Terrified, I tried to stop thinking and, too scared to talk, started writing my questions. I can only remember the answer to one of the questions that I asked: "What is the Bible?" to which she replied "instructions on how to leave earth". Toward the end of our conversation, she commented that she thought I was the one she was looking for. She mentioned that she thought she had saw her at a soup kitchen but "then she started talking about the holy spirit...[trails off]"

We started walking (and talking) again. At some point, I must have said something that didn't jive with her because she abruptly told me "well, why don't you go home and pray about it? I have to go" She then began walking away from me really quickly. I finally decided to catch up with her, half-jokingly accusing her of trying to trick me. We then got on a bus and headed around town. More questions, to which the answers were: "fasting puts you on a spiritual high" and "there is spiritual time and there is regular time"

Our last stop was a dinner at Quizno's. I was still too terrified to eat, and she had to coax me to drink my sobe. At this point, my questions were the most prodding and she told me that anything I wrote in my book would just be "between me and God". I remember we were talking about who gets to leave earth (or however we referred to "heaven") and she said something that made me really concerned (I can't remember what). She asked me to go ahead and write the names of the people that I was worried about, but I refused.

With all the dire talk, we got around to talking apocalypse. In the conversation, the "apocalypse" sounded more like a big change than a traditional fire and brimstone hell (I can't remember the exact words used that made me think that). When I asked her "when would this happen" or "when will the world be ready" she became much more serious than she had been the entire day. She took the notebook and pencil that I had been using to ask my questions and wrote three possible intervals (i.e. 100, 250, 300 years from now). She didn't tell me not to tell anyone the years she wrote down, but given her serious demeanor, I want to keep the exact years secret. Suffice it to say that all three of the intervals were between 3 and 20 years from now.

Sorry for all of the hazy details. We were together for over 6 hours and this happened all the way back in July. At the time of the experience, I would have described myself as spiritual but not religious (although heavily concerned with humanitarian issues and social justice). After the conversation, I would now consider myself a "deist" of sorts.

Feel free to question the validity of the story (I do) - for example, much of the "supernatural" aspect of the story is based upon my perception of her telepathy...or...why would she, with some sort of enlightenment, have to search for someone in a city? Let me know if you've experienced something similar.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Come on, Jameliel. You can do better than that. You should be able to tell that we're not the same person, if from nothing else than by the fact that I don't overuse prepositions.

I agree with him because I believe what he says. I agree with him because my God told me to and I believe my God.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Come on, Jameliel. You can do better than that. You should be able to tell that we're not the same person, if from nothing else than by the fact that I don't overuse prepositions.

I agree with him because I believe what he says. I agree with him because my God told me to and I believe my God.

It is best not to give into these accusations. Even when below taunts we do not respond. Many will try to pull you away from the objective, but we do give in to the back and forth.

As you have witnessed in your other thread, it is pointless to attempt to speak when they have their mind made up.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It is best not to give into these accusations. Even when below taunts we do not respond. Many will try to pull you away from the objective, but we do give in to the back and forth.

As you have witnessed in your other thread, it is pointless to attempt to speak when they have their mind made up.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Now you insinuate that I am from below, and that I "taunt" you. Speaking the truth, and or my opinion is far from taunting. You told me that "below isn't allowed to speak to Arks". Ok, so since you're an Ark, and I'm "from below", how come I can speak to you? You are a regular human being who is 25 years old. Why did you go and change the birth-date on your profile from October 1987, to January 1940? Everything you do is deceitful. Watch your insults, I am certainly not "from below". I was born a male to my father and mother, and I support truth and light.

As of yet, I have yet to see in this thread where you have or have not had any experiences you believe to be angelic in nature. If you want to PM people pretending to be an arch-angel, then go ahead, but you can drop the front here on the public boards. A lot of us see through you, so just stop=)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

When I said of below, I was not speaking of you, but of below.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thecircleman

If she was from above, father gives the rest images of their task and they will locate based on what was given. Also, its either she was getting thoughts from your mind, or she knew what you were going to ask by you already having these thoughts over time. It will just depend on wha method she prefers to use. Again, this is assuming she was from above.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

When I said of below, I was not speaking of you, but of below.

You replied to a guy who was responding to me, and you quoted both of us. In your reply you definitely insinuated I was from below. I didn't taunt anyone, I merely observed how this Enoch character, whom clearly has read "The Book of Enoch", seems to always come into threads to defend you instead of letting you speak for yourself. Aligned with how you clearly have read "The Book of Enoch" as well as other books related to the same subject matter, this seemed suspicious to me. If you want to deny it, that is fine, but you can do so without insinuating "someone is from below". And you yourself have stated that you have "never spoken with one from below", and that "below isn't allowed to speak to arks".

Just stop while you are ahead. Stop trying to explain some things which expose you, and you think that you can counter, and then ignoring others that you have no way to defend because they are spoken from absolute truth. As I told you before, you clearly have read and retained a lot of knowledge from books. If you can separate the truth from fable, the good from the evil, and inspire and encourage people, then that is a blessing. If you want to tell people you are something you aren't and try to gain some sort of accomplishment from that, nothing good comes from it.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Jameliel because: left out a word

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

My brother, your doubting turns my heart to sorrow. Why can't you see that God is Good. You have set yourself to prove you know better than He. Why can't you see that He created you to be who you are. You cannot surprise Him, because He knows you better than you do. Stop fighting the waters, or you will drown. Trust in the Lord and you will float.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thecircleman

Cool story bro. Thanks for using your first post in this thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

My brother, your doubting turns my heart to sorrow. Why can't you see that God is Good. You have set yourself to prove you know better than He. Why can't you see that He created you to be who you are. You cannot surprise Him, because He knows you better than you do. Stop fighting the waters, or you will drown. Trust in the Lord and you will float.

How do you know I don't trust in God? Simply because I point out inconsistencies and flat out lies in someones posts? Or is it because I said you seemed like an alternate account? That has absolutely nothing to do with "fighting the water" lol. You are not my God. I may float or sink totally independent from anything to do with these forums.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

"He who denies me before men, him will I deny before my father."

You say you point out inconsistencies, but in reality, you are making incorrect assumptions and not listening to the words of God. I have not seen one post from Jhill76 that was inconsistent with anything I know, either from reality or otherwise. You are accusing him of falsehoods when you have no proof. As did the sadducees who crucified our Lord.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You say you point out inconsistencies, but in reality, you are making incorrect assumptions and not listening to the words of God. I have not seen one post from Jhill76 that was inconsistent with anything I know, either from reality or otherwise. You are accusing him of falsehoods when you have no proof. As did the sadducees who crucified our Lord.

Lol you are actually funny. There are plenty of inconsistencies, both here on the boards and in PMs, but to be honest I don't care that much as long as I'm not labeled as being "from below" etc. If you believe him to be an arch-angel, good for you, you're welcome to your beliefs. Hey....maybe I could be totally wrong if that makes you feel any better.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What nonsense is this? jhill76 is NOT God, and questioning his posts isn't questioning God. Talk about making incorrect assumptions! I have seen a lot of posts from jhill76 that were not consistent with the Bible, and have pointed that out. I have asked jhill76 many times for ANY support of his statements, to be met with evasion. Now, you compare him to Jesus? Well, we know what the Bible says about that, too, don't we?

In the name of Jesus, speak the truth, or speak not at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join