It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Angels? Real or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I read jhill's guide, but for well-deserved varying reasons I'd like other responses.

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
reply to post by Jameliel

I don't remember ever meeting an angel. BTW, angel simply means MESSENGER, but according to sources, they don't like being called angels because they do a lot more than simply send messages. It is, however, a term of reference.

I think I saw my guide in a dream once, that's about it. I didn't see her with wings or anything, but I saw the back of her head; dirty blond with frizzy hair and she was kind of short. She started walking away when I was surrounded by my weaknesses that below was exposing.

I think you are asking how to test SPIRITS because angels either do have or are spirits. Jhill posts an informative, comprehensive thread about how to distinguish between above, neutral, and below.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Perhaps so, but won't label our meeting as such. I have been out of body and so know the reality of it. In this case I was in the second year of attacks from local township which had nothing to do with anything other than two men having access to tax money and a dislike for my wife and I, may I say jealousy? We worked many years for what we have which was a home that we built ourself, since sold and a small lake lot.

I had just gone though ,a major surgery again and had no pain relief as I cannot tolerate any drugs, while at the same time I received a court summons as they chose to sue because they could. Between the pain and the stress I was tired of life but counseled my wife to forgive these two men, for they were suffering in their own way more than we, they were regressing due to ego.

Some days later in even greater pain while meditating for relief I was taken out of body and found myself floating in an azure sky, looking up at an angelic woman, also floating there partially though a large partially formed window of polished marble.

She looked down at me and told me that "I have shown you the way and I am free to go on. You show another and you will be free as well". I feel this is a guide however, but pretty damn neat.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
Honestly I don't believe in religious things or religion but I remember onetime when I was about 14 I thought I saw a angel or sometype of white being on the corner of the street. I saw wing but not spread open n the person or thing was fully white, I never said anything to anyone in the car cause I was speechless n I was scared that they would think I was a crazy kid. But that's my story

As much as I find the idea of angels ridiculous, if they were real, please try to consider why in the world an angel would have wings? Why would they need physical flight in their spiritual (non-physical) dimension?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
That could vary from individual to individual. I've only ever heard of God/Father's face being so astonishing that man cannot handle.

The point I was making was that you said if we encountered an angel, we would know it. How can we be sure if someone is an angel or not if they are in human form.

For example, someone contacts you and says, "I am an angel in human form". How would you know if they are indeed an angel, a liar, or just plain mentally ill? Something else to consider is that it's said some from below can appear as angels.

reply to post by smithjustinb

edit on 28-12-2012 by Jameliel because: misspell

The fact is, the entity that almost killed me was a female. God shined through her, and it was the spirit of God, which is the one and only spirit we all share in different capacities, that almost killed me. You know the spirit is good when you encounter it. There's no question about it because it is powerfully good. You feel utmost goodness from it. An angel is something to behold beyond anything you have ever imagined. When you meet a true angel and a true demon, there's no question which is which. You don't have to guess. You know. You can feel them. The angel that I encountered was endowed with a much greater portion of the undoubtable spirit of God than humans have or are capable of having. The same spirit is our own spirit, but we just don't have as much of it and aren't as close to it.

The bible says do not be deceived and test the spirit. When you meet a demon, you know right then and there that it was a demon. Later on though, after the experience is a memory, you try to justify the demon. I said to myself, "maybe the demon was neither good nor bad, but I subjectively interpreted it as evil at the time, so evil is what I saw due to my fear of the unknown. In an absolute sense, it is true that things are neither good nor bad, but we aren't absolute experiencers, we are subjective experiencers and the demon nor the angel were absolute either, so they had to have actually been on a dualistic path. One good. One bad. An absolute subjective.

It was through my own feeble justification that I deceived myself about the demon and came to call it good. I know now that I was wrong. Ultimately, it is true that even the spirit of the demon is God's spirit, but what the demon has done is taken that spirit and hoarded it to itself like a black hole. It wants to be the absolute through serving the self, and while ultimately, all there is is the self, the universe was designed as many subjective selves, not one absolute self. The demons are trying to, through their subjective physical body, become god, the absolute. This is not possible.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

As much as I find the idea of angels ridiculous, if they were real, please try to consider why in the world an angel would have wings? Why would they need physical flight in their spiritual (non-physical) dimension?

Wings denote status, nothing more. Some above do not have wings.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jiggerj

There is status in the hereafter? Why something as cumbersome as wings? Why not some kind of insignia on the arm?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is status in the hereafter? Why something as cumbersome as wings? Why not some kind of insignia on the arm?

Not just wings, but size as well. Lower ranking, will be smaller, and have smaller wings. Highest ranking will be tallest, and have the largest wings.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Since you seem as if you have knowledge of these things, could you tell me how to tell if an angel is real or not?

reply to post by jhill76

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Not just wings, but size as well. Lower ranking, will be smaller, and have smaller wings. Highest ranking will be tallest, and have the largest wings.

Wow, they must spend half of eternity trying to keep their feathers organized.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Since you seem as if you have knowledge of these things, could you tell me how to tell if an angel is real or not?

reply to post by jhill76

The question is flawed. It's not if they are real or not, but if they are from Father, or from the one not spoken of. If they are from Father, they will be able to give information about self, that others cannot give. They will be of pure light. They will help and assist, and not give you into harm, nor fear.

But, you also have to factor in rather you are speaking to one of lower ranking, or one of higher ranking as well. Lower ranking, will please as fast as possible, and try to do what is needed, because they don't interact with humans as much. They will also speak to you in a way that you mostly will adapt, because they are always with you, such as your guide.

The higher rankings, are more set in the order, and will do as they are told, even if they are testing of you, to see reaction. They will speak in a way that is the same across the board, because they deal with so many from here, there, and all in between.

It takes time to learn if they are genuine or not. Many discount the speech, because it doesn't fit their view of how above is. Hollywood, the church, others have given this view of how they should operate, and what are they, but it still misses so much.

Also it is to be noted, that when speaking to one, answers can't be given in one sentence. For example, you ask, how does Father be in more than one place at one time? They can't say well, he splits himself and still is able to hear all and speak to all at once. The mind just can't grasp that concept. So much background information must be given, so that when that is said, you will understand, fully, and not partially. When you only get partially, the human mind will fill in the blanks for information it does not have, then doubt overtakes the mind.

As well, it will differ if you are speaking through one through a vessel, or one in pure spirit form.
edit on 28-12-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Testing reaction seems without empathy or like a sociopath to me in some ways. Then again, if they didn't mind having their reactions tested as well, then guess that's fair. Too much testing would cause one to want to slap another, angel or not haha

reply to post by jhill76

edit on 28-12-2012 by Jameliel because: wrong word used

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Testing reaction seems unemphatic or like a sociopath to me in some ways. Then again, if they didn't mind having their reactions tested as well, then guess that's fair. Too much testing would cause one to want to slap another, angel or not haha

reply to post by jhill76

You would have to understand why the receiver is being tested.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The giver would also have to understand the receiver's frustration with the constant testing.

reply to post by jhill76

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The giver would also have to understand the receiver's frustration with the constant testing.

reply to post by jhill76

A test will not be administered unless the giver was monitoring all. Sometimes, Father tests the giver as well.
edit on 28-12-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

The angel i saw did not have wings, although she did hover. Even her hair was alive like Medusa, although it wasn't made of snakes, it was hair and light.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

You can tell if it is real when there is no question if it is real. When you meet an angel, you say to yourself, "holy crap that's an angel!" it's so otherworldly and so much higher of a being, that there's no doubt. Words cannot describe how magnificent am angel is, because they are beyond our comprehension. When you see a being that you can't comprehend its beingness due to the sheer transcendental nature of its presence and it's form, then you know that it is an angel– that is, if you feel a loving vibe from it. It could be just as transcendental and be a demon, but it's not hard to tell which is which. One you know is good, and one you know is evil. You know for a fact.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My two experiences. One of angel. One of demon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"Real" is just a point of view. Anything that is sensed is "real." All thoughts become "real" the second they are created. If you want to know if these beings are factual and not just a construct of your mind, you have to decide what truth, if any, you believe in. If you trust in the truth of God, then His messengers will be recognized in all forms, for the one that sent them will tell you. It is up to you to hear and have faith in His words.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I want to present a rebuttal, but it's too complicated for me right now since I'm extremely tired. Plus I agree with some of what you are saying. I'll type it tomorrow.

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
"Real" is just a point of view. Anything that is sensed is "real." All thoughts become "real" the second they are created. If you want to know if these beings are factual and not just a construct of your mind, you have to decide what truth, if any, you believe in. If you trust in the truth of God, then His messengers will be recognized in all forms, for the one that sent them will tell you. It is up to you to hear and have faith in His words.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

All I'm saying is that you have as much reason to believe somebody who claims to be an angel as the disciples had to believe that Jesus was the Christ. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter if they were lying or not. Either they give you advice that helps you to be the person you want to be, or they give you meaningless stories that do nothing to help you be a better person. The fact of the matter is, it's up to you to choose which it is. If Jesus wasn't the son of God, I'm still not hurt to follow him, because I myself believe in his goals of loving each other. That's what I aim for. It's not about trying to find a way into heaven. It's about being what I consider to be a good person. If God has a different idea of what a good person is, then I'm not sure that's a God I want to serve. That's where faith comes in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join