It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Like I said, they are beating the ROE's - not the American's. Comparing the soviets to us is a red herring. There is no comparison at all,not even close.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If cars need to be registered then I do not see why guns shouldn't be.

We need to keep track of these things, and we need to know who owns them and we need to know their full background information & mental health

Actually, not a bad idea.

Just like a driver's test, they take a firearm's test, they show they can operate it properly and get a four year license or 8 year license just like they do with driving. If they are found, at some point, to not be able to operate one properly, their license is taken away just as they are with cars and if they are found operating one, they get arrested just like they do with cars.

If they want to have multiple guns, they can have multiple insurance policies. If they want higher caliber guns, they pay a higher insurance rate just like they would with more expensive cars. If they have a gun that isn't registered, they are fined or jailed just as they are with a car that isn't registered.

Yes, it would be a lot of paperwork and yes, it would take time to implement, but it would also create jobs in both the private and public sector a well as increase safety. Think of all the job creation in the insurance companies to write the policies, all the jobs in the equivalent of the dmv to process the license and do the testing for the license and so on. More jobs in law enforcement with the regulation, more jobs for lawyers defending the idiots that don't comply, we can revamp the court systems and fix some of the problems they have as well with the increased load.

sounds like a win-win to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a few words for Senator Frankenstein.

1. The second amendment was written specifically for the purpose of keeping a well armed militia of citizens ready to defend their freedoms against any enemy, foreign or domestic. It is not antiquated....because.

2. The government had no standing army at the time. It has one now. Greece nor Rome, true democracies, would ever allow standing armies because they were seen as a threat to the freedoms of the citizens. They relied entirely on a well-armed and well-trained citizenry (as does Switzerland to this day).

3. Because we have a well-armed army (both military AND the internal army that has been amassed in the DHS organization right here on our own soil) the need for the second amendment is MORE pertinent today than it was when it was originally written, due to the even greater threat against our freedoms, and considering the amendment's intent.

4. Semi-automatic weapons did not have to be in existence when the second amendment was created in order to be fully covered under the second amendment intent. If the organized threat has semi-automatic (and fully automatic) weapons to use against the citizenry, the citizenry must be allowed to have some level of equity in order to defend themselves.

5. Semi-automatic weapons are not "assault weapons" unless some sicko hell-bent on killing people "assaults" people with them. Just like a knife, a sword, a baseball bat, or spork becomes an assault weapon if you use it to assault someone.

6. You're an effing idiot and I consider you the number enemy of the state right now, and that's really pulling something off considering you had to bump Obama and Harry Reid to get there. My state requires no registration, no fingerprinting for a resold gun. I own my guns legally, whether first purchase, or resale. My state has a statute that says if you conspire to in any way reduce the constitutional government of the United States of America, you have committed a felony in my state punishable by up to 20 years in prison, which cannot be suspended, probated or paroled. And, yes, I'll ask for you craggling ass to be extradited in order to put in the worst craphole we can find.

7. You're a gawd-blessed moron. Take note, people who want to kill can do it quickly, proficiently, and kill high numbers of people in seconds to minutes no matter what the weapon.

Want to see 12 rounds, hitting 4 targets, with one reload in 2.99 seconds...using a revolver?

www.youtube.com...

How about 5 targets hit 6 times with three guns, with about a 10 to 15 feet travel time between the three guns. That's 30 rounds on 4 targets...in 22 seconds...with revolvers.

www.youtube.com...

How about 2 targets that look like they were shot with one bullet, but it was two shots on a quick draw that is so fast you can't even see it.

www.youtube.com...

Or maybe 10 rounds in 1.73 seconds with a lever-action rifle

www.youtube.com...

Or 26 rounds from 2 revolvers, 1 lever-action, and a double-barrel shotgun (reloaded once)..with travel time between the guns...in 16 seconds.

www.youtube.com...

Or 10 shots in 10 seconds...with a bolt-action rifle

www.youtube.com...

Or maybe even 3 rounds in 2 seconds with a bolt-action

www.youtube.com...

No guns??? How about 12 shots, with every target hit, in 17 seconds, OR 6 shots in 10 seconds (while riding a horse) with nothing but a simple recurve and arrows

www.youtube.com...

Like knives??? How about 102 knives thrown in 1 minute, or 10 in 4 seconds...deliberately placed.

www.youtube.com...

Point is that if you are hell-bent on killing people, ANY weapon you use is an "assault weapon". And you can train to take as many, as quickly as possible.

8. Three cops were shot today in a police station BY AN UNARMED MAN. Yep, he was under arrest, got one of their weapons and shot three of them. Any gun ban that doesn't disarm the police wouldn't have prevented that one!

9. Finish shriveling up, blow away and get the hell out of my life. Because you're not getting my guns, you're not getting my fingerprints, and you're not going to do a damned thing about it that isn't met with reciprocity.

A little message from Judas Priest is in order at this point...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The bill BANS the sale of over 100 guns if it is passed into law. I have linked to the Senators website already. You need to read it. It is a ban.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewookie
reply to post by MysterX

Like I said, they are beating the ROE's - not the American's. Comparing the soviets to us is a red herring. There is no comparison at all,not even close.

Was that a pun?

There are quite a few parallels between the Soviets and the USA/UK, in terms of their respective experiences in the area.

Both have been around a decade long campaigns, and both failed to achieve what they intended, despite all of the high technologies of war brought to bear on the country.

These people just-don't-give-up...ever.

Others have tried throughout history....and failed too, so don't think this is a USA specific failure, it certainly is not, but a failure it is nonetheless.

The Persians tried and failed.

Alexanda the Great tried, occupied a few cities and then got his backside handed to him on a plate, and decided to leg it off to India instead.

The Moguls, led by Genghis Khan tried and failed too.

The British tried twice before...this is the third time...also a failure. At first accepted as friends by afghans, the Britsih were driven out and almost massacred when they refused to leave.

Imperial Russia tried it on too..also failed.

The only group that had any real success in Afghanistan were the Muslims...but they used religion as a tool for pacification and consolidation of the tribes, which had more success than anything else.

But, even today, despite our magical technologies we still cannot beat a country full of tribal goat and sheep herders....there's a lesson in there somewhere for any megalomanic with designs on the world at large methinks.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweezerburn

Announced on coasttocoast am tonight, anyone posting or talking about this issue on FB will be banned. Remember Feinstein is from CA and so is FB.

Not true.

There are people on my facebook that buy and sell guns through the "trading posts" with pictures of the guns, what they want for them, what they'll trade for, etc.

Guns aren't banned from facebook nor is discussion of guns banned.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Originally posted by fweezerburn

Announced on coasttocoast am tonight, anyone posting or talking about this issue on FB will be banned. Remember Feinstein is from CA and so is FB.

Not true.

There are people on my facebook that buy and sell guns through the "trading posts" with pictures of the guns, what they want for them, what they'll trade for, etc.

Guns aren't banned from facebook nor is discussion of guns banned.

If i understand correctly, it's not talking about guns that's banned...it's talking about the legislation being driven now in order TO ban guns, that's banned...as crazy as that sounds.

IMO, FB should ban everyone from it's website...at least that will be something positive for once.
edit on 28-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft

Yes there IS a need for high capacity magazines. They keep good guys from being outgunned by bad guys. Or would you prefer that bad guys have more job security?

And your so called "stats" are complete and total BS. There is no supporting evidence to your claims.

The Motto of ATS: Deny Ignorance. Try it sometime.

If your main priority is "outgunning" the "bad guys", then you are NOT one of the "good guys", just a different kind of "bad guy". The good guys would be the ones that give service to the military or police departments or that register their guns and keep them within legal limits and live their lives to better their society, not look for ways to "outgun them other guys when it all breaks loose up here".

Just because you see yourself as a "good guy" doesn't mean you ARE a "good guy". Even Hitler saw himself as a "good guy", he felt he was doing the right thing, but our opinion of him is very different isn't it?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

you said "both failed to achieve what they intended"

Correct me if I am wrong, but our goal or intentions in AFG was to kill or capture UBL/terrorists right. Close up shop on terror training camps. Make them pay for 9/11.

UBL is dead, so is the rest or his colleagues.

So, what does it take in your eyes to win there? We own the high ground and most of the low ground. They might put up some resistance here and there, we might lose a few, but overall, even with reddicoulous ROE's that the soviets never faced -- we have kicked their asses back further into the stone age.

But I guess it depends on who you ask.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Military will get crushed, you guy's just dont get it. There is too many of us and we are everywhere all we need is 1 thing to work together...MOTIVATION. They can't bomb us when we storm capital hill and take everyone prisoner.

Sure, a million people storming capital hill to take prisoners, you turn around to encourage your followers on and .... there's nobody there, you're all alone. That's more likely what would happen. Everybody talks big about doing this or that but it's all talk.

Or will you be one of the people who run away while some other guy looks behind him to urge you on?

It's easy to sit at a computer and say you'll do this and you'll do that, but when the time comes, you won't do it, you won't even show up. You'll fall in line just like everyone else does and you'll follow whatever rules they give you. Of course you'll gripe about it and talk really big and say "well I'd do this or that" but you won't, you'll do exactly what you are told to do.

How many laws are you refusing to follow right now? How many things have passed that your grandparents said they would never go along with but they did and you do too as a result? A heck of a lot more than you realize or are willing to admit, I'm sure.

You can talk all big and bad but when the time comes, you will fall right into line just like those before you did.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I love how people are somehow shocked by this.
As if you didn't already KNOW it was coming.
People on this website are even MORE in the know about the ultimate plan/the end game and all that entails

How is this a shock to anyone here?
Did you honestly not see this coming?
Did you think it was all a big joke?
Or maybe you just thought it was all just a big "conspiracy theory" which would never actually come to pass?

What gives here people?
You knew this was coming!
Well,...........

HERE IT IS!!

Is everyone going to be just as outraged when they declare martial law???
Do you not see this coming as well?

EVERYONE here knows damn good and well what the end game is.
Stop acting shocked and saddened that it is ACTUALLY happening.

This x 100000000000000000000..........infinite zeros!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here is the bottom line. Believe it or not. If this "Feinstein" bill somehow manages to pass, there will be an uprising against this Government not seen since the Civil War. And that is the truth.

You can say I'm overreacting. You can say I'm crazy. But there is no way that people will let the 2nd Amendment be trampled on like this. Sure, there are those of you who "don't get it" and think everything in this provision is fine. But it's not.

Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one “military characteristic”

Do you realize how broad that is?

Debate it all yo want. There is a huge MAJORITY of gun owners in America. And this move is just a big mistake.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

History is FULL of examples of an armed force (police, gestapo, military, etc) being completely and utterly numerically outnumbered, and subsequently killing and/or enslaving entire populations. Just look at the Gulf War. Stories of hundreds of prisoners being guarded by nothing more than a fire team. I'm also thinking more recent regarding the Gun round-ups post Katrina. usatoday30.usatoday.com...

Law-abiding people's natural tendency will be to give up their guns because, "well #, I don't want to go to jail". People that do fight back will be so hopelessly overwhelmed by the disparity of power that the feds can bring to bear that it would be a hopeless situation. President Obama already SAID that there is no reason why a civilian should own an AK47. "Those are for soldiers! Not civilians!” Yet they keep increasing the firepower of our police forces to where the local PDs are already starting to look like the our own military (MultiCam, SAPI plates, LAVs, Drones, Thermal sights, IR lasers, etc). I can pretty much guarantee there is a plan on some dusty USB thumb-drive in a government building somewhere outlining how to do this already.

Americans are soft, weak little sheep that are completely unaccustomed to any suffering and will do ANYTHING to keep the Thermostat set to 70 degrees and the DVR set to record. The Federal Government is a power hungry monster that already controls all aspects of the equation. Media, internet, logistics, military, psyops, etc. No one can fight back. Those that do are quickly mowed down by either an LAPD A-10's hellfire, or are simply riddled with full auto fire from the green tips of the thermal-equipped HK416s that the fully armored SWAT teams have. The Fed would kill anyone before they had a chance to organize. That would be and is the plan, imo. Cripple it BEFORE it has a chance to begin. The FED would move heaven and earth trample the constitution and individual rights, in order to ensure the continuity of the federal gov't. Belive that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

You're forgetting one thing.

The 'authorities' or at least their enforcers, Military, police, CIA, FBI and all the rest are FULL of patriots too.

While yes, if violence came from attempting a treasonous attack on the constitution, some people will probably die, on both sides of the divide, but your scenario of a million people looking back for support from the people, only to find nobody there, could apply to the authorities just as well as the people....and the people are in the massive majority, with massive support from the 'inside'.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It's all in the planning, IMO.

Civil War would be big job creators for military, TSA and gunshop owners.

Military will get crushed, you guy's just dont get it. There is too many of us and we are everywhere all we need is 1 thing to work together...MOTIVATION. They can't bomb us when we storm capital hill and take everyone prisoner.

Excellent plan. What will you do next? Will you abolish government as such or appoint new President, representatives, senators, Supreme Court justices etc.? If the latter, how exactly do you plan on doing that? How about the military? Will you allow the current crushed personnel to continue or will you disband the existing one and build a new one?
edit on 28-12-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

If i understand correctly, it's not talking about guns that's banned...it's talking about the legislation being driven now in order TO ban guns, that's banned...as crazy as that sounds.

IMO, FB should ban everyone from it's website...at least that will be something positive for once.
edit on 28-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

They've been posting them all day long so far. Stories, photos, status updates, all talking about opposing any firearm bans or supporting gun control. Both sides are going hot and heavy on facebook and none of them have been banned.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Here is the bottom line. Believe it or not. If this "Feinstein" bill somehow manages to pass, there will be an uprising against this Government not seen since the Civil War. And that is the truth.

You can say I'm overreacting. You can say I'm crazy. But there is no way that people will let the 2nd Amendment be trampled on like this. Sure, there are those of you who "don't get it" and think everything in this provision is fine. But it's not.

Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one “military characteristic”

Debate it all yo want. There is a huge MAJORITY of gun owners in America. And this move is just a big mistake.

No there won't. People will sit back and talk big and bad and do absolutely NOTHING, just like they always do. Nothing will be done except griping about it, just like everything else.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

1-7 check. No actually, checkmate!

Sen. Frankenstein needs to YIELD to your clearly superior intellect. I sincerely hope you are running for office.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Originally posted by DerekJR321

No there won't. People will sit back and talk big and bad and do absolutely NOTHING, just like they always do. Nothing will be done except griping about it, just like everything else.

We shall see. Yes... most American's sit on their ass and do nothing when its menial things. But America is much more than just the East and West coast. (And I'm from NY). There are over 350 million legally owned guns in this country. The Feds want em? Come and take em. Some will bow to pressure. Millions will not. What kind of statistics you think will come out of that?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

www.drudgereport.com

In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.feinstein.senate.gov

Related ATS Threads:
Senate to introduce bill and it includes handguns
edit on Thu Dec 27th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Relax, it's just a political move. There is 0% chance the bill will pass the HOR.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join