It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nervous "Hello" From a New Member

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello all!

I’m glad to have finally worked up the nerve to create an account. I’ve been coming to this site for months now and I am ashamed to say that I knew very little regarding what is going on all around us. Like many, I’ve been frequenting MSM sites and reading their publications for years, and this is all that I’ve “known” of the world. Once I started to realize how bias these articles actually were (on both sides of the spectrum) I started to seek more balance, more truth. I initially started my quest for knowledge by visiting global/independent news sites. It was a welcome break from having to sift through numerous articles telling me why Hollywood star XXXXX was now dating/driving/eating XXXXX in order to find relevant information regarding important current events. I eventually stumbled onto this site.

I wasn’t sure what to think at first as I’ve never been much of a “conspiracy theorist” but have always had a sneaky suspicion that we [the public] were not always getting the full story. I started out reading the top stories and couldn’t get enough, so I started leaving the new topic fire hose open and reading each and every story as they would arrive. Many posts were absolutely fascinating, others were very disturbing, and some I could have gone without reading at all. On the whole, this site has provided me with invaluable insight into many things I was not even remotely aware of.

At first some of the threads on this site had me on the fence, they sounded just “kooky” enough to be an exaggerated version of the truth but not the truth in its entirety. Not long after I started to frequent this site, I watched the movie Argo and started to think, maybe fact is stranger than fiction? With all that being said, I have no “inside connections” (with exception of my father, brother, and two first cousins being federal employees of different capacities) nor do I have the ability to channel extra dimensional beings; but I will say that those of you that can and do, have my attention. I look forward to the having the ability to contribute to discussions and possibly present a topic or two of interest in the future.

-HmmmCurious-

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HmmmCurious

Welcome Aboard the board of choice.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

WHO SENT YOU??????

Now that the fun is out of the way.... Welcome to ATS!

~Heff
edit on 12/27/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the Nuthouse.

Seriously though....

Make yourself at home, get cozy, let yourself go and begin researching the conspiracies of your choice.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome to Ats,

Make sure your belt is secure, keep your hands and feet in at all times, and enjoy the ride.

Oh and if you are a news junkie Ats is oftena beat or two ahead of the msm, and we usually have boots on the ground so it makes for some very interesting reporting.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS ! I m a fairly new member and had pretty much the same reactions you did. I m still too nervous
to introduce myself
I m still learning the ropes....haven t figured out how to do quotes yet. Not all that computer
savy. I like to spend a lot of time outdoors by myself. Some times all the "chatter" here is overwhelming!

Most of the members seem polite and helpful tho.

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Welcome! You'll learn a lot here.

After you said that you started thinking a lot more after watching Argo, I asked my husband is he knew what it was about. He then said he was downloading it now. It kind of weirded me out. Anyway, have fun here and soak it all in...even the crazy threads.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Welcome!

That's all I've got.......must.....consume......more......coffee!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Welcome HmmmCurious To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Don't be nervous.

DON'T!

I SAID DON'T!!!

Welcome to the site.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Welcome HmmmCurious!

I always came visiting ATS not for conspiracies but for the paranormal forum. Now I read everything here including the "news". There is such a wonderful mixed bunch here at ATS, always a point of view I haven't considered and a lot of intelligence shared here. I don't post often but hope to see you around!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't be nervous. Just be aware that you will be interacting with people who have already said stupider sh!t than you could make up even if you tried.

I would suggest that if you have theories that are based on ANY factual evidence at all you will be ahead of 99% of the members here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
good evening. happy new year.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow!! Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed, so fast! I'm still familiarizing myself with the rules and regulations, so I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to reply as the posts came in or if it would be considered spamming. So, until I figure that part out... I'd just like to say to each of you individually that I appreciate you taking a moment to drop in and say "Hi." I can already feel the anxiety start to dissipate.

-HC-

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No worries. We don't bite. Well, elevatedone does but I think that's the Snoopy influence.

In case no one mentioned the other half of the site, lighter topics can be had in BTS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Movies, music, random stuff, etc. It's fun.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The more you post, the more access to different aspects of the site will be made available to you.

beez

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello...and welcome. I'm still fairly new around here too....not many people know me, but I know MANY of them now, lol.
Don't be put off by some of the nasties (the ones who argue and insult)...instead, know that a lot of the members here are just wonderful!
Check out some of the non-conspiracy threads (like the one about "If You're Alone This Christmas"....). You will find many kind and caring souls....and even friends! (....even crushes, lol)
Again.....welcome!
jacygirl

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The more you post, the more access to different aspects of the site will be made available to you.

beez

So true. At 25,000 posts I actually found out what beezzer did in the 6.2 hours/day he wasn't on ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello there and welcome to where the lunatics run the asylum,haha.

Hope you enjoy your time here,you'll find the nerves quickly disappear as you debate your favourite topics with other members.

Merry Christmas

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join