It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by EvanB

I wouldn't bother arguing with her.

Oooooh!

So, now I'm a woman? Why is that?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

And here's all the evidence you need right here. Maybe it is "Jojo"..!

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Jojo... Is that you? lol

A real man makes mistakes.. A real man admits when he is wrong.. And a real man says sorry..

I never said I was good... But in your literal sense.. I lied.. Even though it was making a point and was meant as an alagory.. If it makes you feel better.. You win..

I am only a man after all..

Actually, once you have lied, you are always a liar, right? Isn't that what you said? So, now, by your own admission, nothing you say can be believed.. because you are a liar.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Oooooh!

Reason and logic.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You still have not found me a truly good person either so you are a liar by inaction.. A polictician by deflection of my allogorical statement.. And someone who only concentrates on one point to deflect the issue because the force of my arguement was true...

Nit pick away.. You seem very good at it...

Wait, I am a liar because I didn't go along with your bet? I made no claim, you did.

What is your true claim that I am deflecting? I would love to know what you think you have over me in that regard. As far as I can tell, you haven't made a lot of sense. You have built up this entire system of rules for what "Real Men" are, and have been so judged by your own system as a Liar.

What exactly are you trying to get at?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Oooooh!

Reason and logic.

Because women use reason and logic? I am not following you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think he meant that he was brave and honest enough to admit to having lied at some point, in other words authentic and true to self, while being always prepared to take responsibility for his mistakes and correct them and yeah, that's a real man.

I and we don't understanding really what you're attacking here, it's like you're flailing wildly at anything and everything in regards to this topic, maybe even a man hater of some kind or something but I don't know why you're so punchy and abrasive towards our participation and what we're freely expressing, even to the degree of risking the ridicule of people like you.

Why are you on the attack, would you leave "the man" nothing?

JoJo, is that you?

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Oooooh!

Reason and logic.

Because women use reason and logic? I am not following you.

No. I know.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You obviously do not know what an allergorical statement is..

If I say "i bet a million bucks for this, that or another" its not litteral.. Its allergorical.. You have clung to an allergorical statement and used it as a adhom personal attack on me which is against the t and c's of this site..

Im not responding to you again

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I think he meant that he was brave and honest enough to admit to having lied at some point, in other words authentic and true to self, while being always prepared to take responsibility for his mistakes and correct them and yeah, that's a real man.

I and we don't understanding really what you're attacking here, it's like your failing wildly at anything and everything in regards to this topic, maybe even a man hater of some kind or something but I don't know why you're so punchy and abrasive towards our participation and what we're freely expressing, even to the degree of risking the ridicule of people like you.

I attack stupidity and ignorance when I see it. There was much of it in this thread, hence why I have continued to post. Nothing involving this supposed claim of "real manhood" has been able to stand up to critical analysis. It all falls away once it is seen for what it truly is, machismo. Which is fine, but let's call it what it is, right?

Machismo has never been the most dominant of masculine traits in any culture. It is usually seen only in young people trying to push off on their own or those in a state of arrested development. Usually brought on by military or religious training, however it is also seen to peek its head out in japanese culture as well, those that work too much and leave no time for recreation sometimes become prone to Machismo, which starts to get into Japanese Machismo, and how they act out in hyper-masculine ways. Tiny sumos are hilarious.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You obviously do not know what an allergorical statement is..

If I say "i bet a million bucks for this, that or another" its not litteral.. Its allergorical.. You have clung to an allergorical statement and used it as a adhom personal attack on me which is against the t and c's of this site..

Im not responding to you again

Do YOU know what allegorical means? What was the allegory you were making? What part of the allegory was the Million Dollars? No, I do not think that YOU know what an allegory is.. I think you mean hyperbole.

Regardless, you told an untruth and after you were called on it claimed you were just kidding. You made this about you. I am only pointing out the ridiculous amount of bull you are spouting in your quest to find the Essence of Manhood.

Keep looking man, I think you forgot to look under the couch cushions.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I and we don't understanding really what you're attacking here, it's like your failing wildly at anything and everything in regards to this topic, maybe even a man hater of some kind or something but I don't know why you're so punchy and abrasive towards our participation and what we're freely expressing, even to the degree of risking the ridicule of people like you.

I attack stupidity and ignorance when I see it.

So do I and it comes in many forms, but mostly in the form of the knowitall who thinks they can judge flawlessly the underlying motives and intents, and the deepest impulses and drives, goals and aspirations of another, especially if he's a man who by virtue of being a man isn't compelled to false machismo but to growing to the fullest stature of what it means to be a man, something of vital importance particularly in today's world. To achieve this however we will need the help and support of women!

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typos fixed

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So do I and it comes in many forms, but mostly in the form of the knowitall who thinks they can judge flawlessly the underlying motives and intents, and the the deepest impulses and drives, goals and aspirations of another,

So, then you would not be on the side of someone that would say something like.. for instance.. there are no truly good people in the world, right? Because that kind of stupidity could only come from some kind of knowitall who thinks they can judge flawlessly the underlying motives and intents, and deepest impulses and drives, goals and aspirations of another, right?

And that would be a pretty huge statement to make, right? To know the true hearts of all people? Someone like that might be spouting stupidity, right?

especially if he's a man who by virtue of being a man

So VIRTUE is instilled on Men simply for having a penis? Seriously? Hmm okay..

isn't compelled to false machismo but to growing to the fullest stature of what it means to be a man, something of vital importance particularly in today's world. To achieve this however we will need the help and support of women!

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

If what it means to be a man is vitally important to today's word, you should totally be able to give me even a small list of qualifications one might need in order to have what it truly means to be a man in today's world, right?

Just a small sample. I think 5 things would do.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So, then you would not be on the side of someone that would say something like.. for instance.. there are no truly good people in the world, right? Because that kind of stupidity could only come from some kind of knowitall who thinks they can judge flawlessly the underlying motives and intents, and deepest impulses and drives, goals and aspirations of another, right? 

Prove me wrong then...

The burden of proof is on you..

Go find a truly good person in thought, word and deed and win the arguement..

edit on 28-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Prove me wrong then...

The burden of proof is on you..

Go find a truly good person in thought, word and deed and win the arguement..

edit on 28-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

A truly good person? Well that's easy, isn't it? For he lived without sin, didn't he?

If I have to choose one, I choose Jesus.

EDIT: Besides, you totally missed the point I made to him. Making the comment in the first place is the arrogance of feeling that you know that no truly good people can possibly exist.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Good choice.. But cheating...

Someone NOT the only begotten Son of the living God

Oh yes

Even HE said He wasnt good either.. He said "Why call Me good? There is no one good but God"...

So choose someone else

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Tiger5

Have you ever noticed the mocking of men on msm?

Take adverts... The man is always the comedy fall guy whilst the woman is ever the saviour..

They have made manhood into a joke.. Men, who do not hold their mahood cheap into anachronistic characertures..

Male bonding is met with rolling eyes.. Friendships are now "bromances" implying homosexuality..

They use terms like machismo as if it is somehow wrong to be manly anymore..

Screw that..

I am man... Deal with it or deal with my fist... I am aggressive when I need to be.. Strong in the dark places.. Have a sense of humour even when bullets are flying around.. Can march for days.. Can survive and HAVE survived in tbe harshest environments on the planet.. My character therefore will NEVER let this society emasculate me and be a good boy...

I completely agree and support your view. I just want the freedom to be. I was born free and love just being a man. the moment some metro tending idiot (male or female) starts telling me what I as a man should or should not be doing I get very cross. I do not as a rule tell others what to do. I may suggest however.

What i see is a whole lot of insiduous judgement by people who really cannot (to me) run their own lives but feel they can judge me because I seem a bit old school or (horror upon horrors ) actually Macho (their words).

My response tend to be short and of the two letter variety!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The women's movemtn spent alot of tim discussing what is is to be a man. they actually did it without men. Why should men not do it without women or the even the metros?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I have already evidenced it with mathematical figures and the science of statistics. You do not give these standards the proper respect that they deserve and offer the counter claim that no good people exist. I am not going to make the same arrogant claim that you are making in believing that I know the true hearts of any men. That would be stupid to assume, we have already established that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
I completely agree and support your view. I just want the freedom to be. I was born free and love just being a man. the moment some metro tending idiot (male or female) starts telling me what I as a man should or should not be doing I get very cross. I do not as a rule tell others what to do. I may suggest however.

What i see is a whole lot of insiduous judgement by people who really cannot (to me) run their own lives but feel they can judge me because I seem a bit old school or (horror upon horrors ) actually Macho (their words).

My response tend to be short and of the two letter variety!

So what are you feelings about this thread and the OPs suggestion of what the True Essence of Manhood is? Do you feel that he is telling others what you as a man should or should not be doing?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

EDIT: Besides, you totally missed the point I made to him. Making the comment in the first place is the arrogance of feeling that you know that no truly good people can possibly exist.

Its only arrogance if it is a blind assumption without no basis in fact..

Interesting that you chose Jesus.. The bible says that "we have all fallen short of the glory of God".. And Jesus said to the crowd "let he without sin cast the first stone".. If we were good.. There would have been no need for Jesus..

Fact is no-one is truly good.. Even Jesus said He was not good either!

Not arrogance.. Just the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join