It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
reply to post by kcabmi

I don't think there is anything left to be said about "The True Essence of Manhood", eh?

This guy has said enough for all of us.

Thank you, thank you.. (Kcabmi takes an honorable bow, in the presence of all of his mighty compatriot steeds ).

We will once again claim our rightful thrones.

Call us Behemoths! Call us Barbaric! Call us Cave Men .....and We shall wear these compliments with pride, as all casters of insult cower at our feet, in fear of what any one of the aforementioned could do to them upon contest.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

I'm very sorry to hear about your father and what happened. You're still carrying a lot of anger and resentment, even though you've "processed" a portion of it by seeking to understand the nature of your dad's mental illness. Just remember that the poor guy was almost assuredly beaten to a pulp when growing up, as well. My deepest condolences, and prayers to you AND your father. There's so much pain wrapped up in these family of origin dramas, isn't there?

Me my father was slightly effeminate, and as a teen I discovered that he was gay but manged to perform one night I guess while drunk or something (ala moi). He was obese, somewhat slovenly, selfish, needy, demanding, often unfair and sometimes a bit of a bully, where my mother had to fill the gap as the patriarch of the family, the strong one, even the powerful one, who herself experienced a difficult "scenario" as a child ... friend just dropped by to save me at the nick of time, gotta run b back later, honest.

It's a long long story, aren't they all, needless to say it's filled with pain and sorrow, along with the possibility for joy at sorrow's end, when all is forgiven, at the end of the whole thing, and that's a new day, and the start of the next hero's journey, but an unexamined life isn't worth living, as Socratese said, and to be men we have to forgive our fathers, and ourselves, and see to it that we survive, in more ways than one, to live out another day under the sun. Nothing's changed from the days of old when men lived by the sinew of their bones, now is just a different kind of survival, the survival of the soul in the midst of a dead and dying culture. It's actually quite funny, and liberating, in hindsight.

Therefore all we really have to do is to be our truest and fullest more authentic self! There's the simplicity on the other side of complexity worthy of a beer.

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Personally, i have found that men need to watch out for other men when it comes to being emasculated. About 10 to 1. Men are the worst abusers of men.

It can be a battle,thats for sure.
I dealt with the old school thinking and now dealing with the new school.
Huge difference.
The way I was talked to and treated then would have been a lawsuit in a heartbeat now.
That harshness has come to pass.
I can't do that to another what has been done to me.
It was a part of the "training".
A way to harden you,to toughen you up.
My comments only reflect the construction industry,namely the elevator end of it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Personally, i have found that men need to watch out for other men when it comes to being emasculated. About 10 to 1. Men are the worst abusers of men.

Huge difference.
The way I was talked to and treated then would have been a lawsuit in a heartbeat now.
My comments only reflect the construction industry,namely the elevator end of it.

Yea I hear you about the toughening up. I was talking more along the lines of what men will do to eliminate competition ect. talking about eating each others balls off sort of stuff, dirty rotten stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And my dad's "cross" to bear was given to him by his dad, who was bitter and angry because one of his legs was blown off in the 2nd world war, a mother hardly available with maids left to nurture the baby, so I can see it clearly, how these causal mechanisms manifest themselves, basically, in an abject failure in love.

Therefore the man of courage must have the courage to generate the love that's missing in the world, starting with himself and his fellow man, and for those who will, the God of his own understanding who first loved him, to the point that we well up unto overflowing with the solution to the problem, and where, eventually goodness and love will follow us all the days of our life.

Getting over that threshold point and into a new domain from which to lead authentically is the hard part, but once you're there you're already there because it's a matter of the spirit and the heart of man, to make things better from generation to generation. But it's not just our "job" but the very deepest of human impulses to seek out the better, and eventually if we persevere the very best of the best, and then allow that to flow, through us into the world, this is the way to be a man in today's world, a man of power and influence not outwardly, but inwardly where the rubber meets the road to begin with anyway.

Who knew the depths of the buried treasure.. men are deep, I think, not superficial like we're made out to be, not shallow not all just beer and hockey and the love of t&a, and isn't that what all the woman say they want? They want a man who's wrestled with the devil, and won! A man of confidence that goes out of this world, but for a good reason, and yet at the same time he never takes himself too seriously either, and thus his charm.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yea I hear you about the toughening up. I was talking more along the lines of what men will do to eliminate competition ect. talking about eating each others balls off sort of stuff, dirty rotten stuff.

The toughening up part is learning to walk away and not feed it.
I survived it starting early because I was always the youngest and the shortest.
But when the biggest of them all needed help,and I solved their problem,I was respected and more .

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Huge difference.

That's what I have been saying for awhile. Equality in the workforce is one thing, however if a woman wants to be like a man in this world and truly wants to be equal like we see depicted in the Hollywood movies.......there is talk and there is action. To be a man is to fight, take your beatings, bruises and cuts and dominate by force and will.....At least those were the days of real men.

Today's version of a "real man" is ...."I gotta go ask the misses if it's alright", "I can't make a decision like this, I will have to consult with the boss"...blah, blah, blah. These are the earmarks of a coward...no wonder women feel so strong and profess to be able to kick the butts of men in a fight.....these cowards and metro-sexual pansies would lose against a woman in a fight, they would let them win...because that is a man these days...let someone beat on you simply because it is socially acceptable. Yet if you hit a woman back you are not a man, if you let a woman beat you up...you have the honor of getting your @ss beat by a woman..it's a lose lose situation.

Piss on that! If a woman slaps me...I slap her back and I feel no shame. I will beat the guy who comes to her aid as well. Nothing but flesh on flesh in the end.

Man or woman, you hit me...I hit you.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
or maybe I just need to get laid..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

or maybe I just need to get laid..

That always helps.
Well,not always,but you can't go wrong with getting laid,no matter what.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

Your avatar is both THE most hilarious, and the most annoying thing that I think I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by sconner755

Yes indeed I AM man.. lol

Thats how I roll

Haha dude you're the best! This is one of the best threads on ATS I've been part of.

I'm going out tonight and having a double jack on the rocks in your honor.

I wish you could see where I'm at now. Here at Starbucks beside two new age metrosexuals chatting about what type of tea they prefer. I couldn't make this sh!t up.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

I wish you could see where I'm at now. Here at Starbucks beside two new age metrosexuals chatting about what type of tea they prefer. I couldn't make this sh!t up.

Go run up to them ,tell them they are pussys and if they want to drink like a real man and turn the town upside down then hit the nearest pub.
The "metros" will look at you like you are crazy and call the police.
I won't be there to bail you out though.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
On second thought,I think that is what what happened to the neanderthals.
We are a dying breed getting ready to be exterminated by starbucks.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by kcabmi

Your avatar is both THE most hilarious, and the most annoying thing that I think I've ever seen.

Yeah, that's the way I roll LOL!

Controversy, given birth by truth and opportunity.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The true essence of manhood is to be a man.

That means not constantly bleating about how the weaker sex emasculate you.

Everyone has it tough. Men and women. We face different challenges. We are different. Like it or bite it.

Embrace it and join the game.

Man up, rather than sitting "crying like girls".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise

Everyone has it tough. Men and women. We face different challenges. We are different. Like it or bite it.

Why like it OR bite it?

Why not like it AND bite it? Lol

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise

Ha Ha,funny.Man up.
We guys actually have it pretty easy.
To have a kid,just shoot a little something into you know what and ,bam.
There is a lady bearing your child.
Your 15 seconds of pleasure turned into agonizing pain and a lifetime commitment for the mother.
Man up to that child that you are responsible for!
I have a dad,but he wasn't ever really there for me,more or less shooed me away.
There are many children that have no fathers.

To be a man?

Be responsible for your actions.
Own up to it.
Take pride and take care of your family and property.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
Here at Starbucks beside two new age metrosexuals chatting about what type of tea they prefer. I couldn't make this sh!t up.

Hey, not all "new age" people (which can have different meaning and context depending on the man) are panzy metrosexual's who raise a pinky when they're drinking their specialty tea.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Yes, but I was talking about the heavy lifting.

Do you even lift?

You call it meaningless, and it was meaningless to you, that's fine, but it might have inspired a fellow warrior man, once he made the inquiry and grasped the significance of it's own reason and logic and who then without hesitation charged into the breach in the name of goodness and righteousness and for the sake of love, no holds barred, all or nothing.

Not meaningless to me. It doesn't have meaning. Your post was a bunch of disjointed thoughts put together without narrative. It was literally like the punchlines of a bunch of jokes merely typed out in your response. They have no meaning in context with each other.

Now that was just about the very best feedback that I've yet had here at ATS, coming from you, because it lets me know just how close I am to ringing the bell (bongggggg), if I didn't already for someone., and you can't un-ring a rung bell.

It's a nested hierarchy of "double binds" (the truth that sets us free) that when they unravel, it (the truth) arrives like the joke of the ages, and one that just keeps on getting funnier, no matter how grave it might appear at first glance, that's what a guy, a "Godman" by the name of Meher Baba said, that "life is a mighty joke", and the only reason that people can't get it is because they take life seriously and God lightly, when they really ought to take life lightly and God (the all in all) seriously, whereby to really "get it" is something that you simply cannot arrive at by reason alone; It is the knowledge of experience, and that's the beginning of real and authentic self knowledge - in a joke told at the expense of all our prior ignorance, and at the expense of our former inauthentic self.

Normally blinded in our own self denial or narcissism, most people (men and women both) will NEVER get it, but I have more faith in people than that, and your feedback here gives me faith and hope and the reason to believe that I'm on the right track and getting close, close to cracking open the mask to reveal and make known the true nature of man, even as a real (authentic) human being (whether man or woman).

Based on that, this seems rather fitting perhaps.. (note the androgynous appearance)

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

And no I don't mind if you call me crazy, it's ok, I'm a man. I can take it!

edit on 29-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You turned genuine compassion for the suffering of a fellow human being into a vile rant..

Sir all I want to do now is knock your block off ..

You do not deserve my compassion nor anymore words..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join