link   
reply to post by sconner755

Yes indeed I AM man.. lol

Thats how I roll

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah but Nor, just because you like waging battles in other domains for better reasons, doesn't mean you should belittle the John Wayne wannabies who don't happen to share your intellectual capacity. You don't want to start bullying the smaller man do you?

I was just trying to illustrate a point. I'm out of the discussion now. Y'all carry on.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

I'm very sorry to hear about your father and what happened. You're still carrying a lot of anger and resentment, even though you've "processed" a portion of it by seeking to understand the nature of your dad's mental illness. Just remember that the poor guy was almost assuredly beaten to a pulp when growing up, as well. My deepest condolences, and prayers to you AND your father. There's so much pain wrapped up in these family of origin dramas, isn't there?

Me my father was slightly effeminate, and as a teen I discovered that he was gay but manged to perform one night I guess while drunk or something (ala moi). He was obese, somewhat slovenly, selfish, needy, demanding, often unfair and sometimes a bit of a bully, where my mother had to fill the gap as the patriarch of the family, the strong one, even the powerful one, who herself experienced a difficult "scenario" as a child ... friend just dropped by to save me at the nick of time, gotta run b back later, honest.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by stonebutterfly

Of course your children act differently based on sex, you instilled those values in them with the gender training you and everyone in that child's life started on each of them the moment they were born. That is how gender training works.

Now here you are trying to say its all gender training and trying to tell a mother what she knows. I have 3 girls and 2 boys and they span almost 2 decades.

Bad science is bad science.

You aren't trying to imply that your anecdotal evidence on 5 children spanning 2 decades is more complete than the academic careers of thousands of scientifically minded, methodically demanding researchers in into children's development, are you? We are talking about probably hundreds of PhD level thesis on this subject a year on top of thousands of masters level papers. hundreds of thousands of pages written on this subject EVERY YEAR, with the vast majority pointing to the same conclusion. But, what does that matter, right? You have 5 kids. This also seems like nothing could possibly go wrong with your line of thinking.

Nothing like the real world close up and I am not unfamiliar with much of the thinking out there. But go ahead and crap on someone that has and is raising kids. Girls are diffrent form boys in a lot of ways even where the two may share the same aptitudes in many areas.

You wouldnt be one of those new modern women that scoff at anything associated traditional thinking about roles? What I mean is do you look down on a married woman that is fine in a traditional role around the house?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap.

Not every man wants to be Conan the Barbarian anymore than every woman wants to be a doting house wife.

To sit there and say that all men wants this , is just as much forcing people into a mold that you claim society does.

If you watch boys play uninhibited, just as many want to play house in the kitchen setting as the girls.

Recently the makers of easy bake oven was forced to make a boy model, forced by a boy, because boys like to bake too.
Is this a "feminine" role? No. Some of the best cooks in the world are men.

Does playing house or playing with dolls feminize boys? No, it makes them better fathers.

My son is a wonderful combination of BOTH.

He admires pretty dresses in teh store with me,he LOVES babies, he likes art, then the next minute, I am being handcuffed and put in jail, or he is whooping through the house as Batman.

The best thing you can do for a boy is let them be themselves, whether they cry, want to bake, want to play sheriff, or play with dolls. That is true freedom.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

See, you are trying to make this about you being a bad ass BECAUSE you are a man, and what you don't see is that the one characteristic you think makes you special is the ONE THING that ties 50% of this population together. Being male.

No... It does not make me special.. It makes me complete.. Spirtually.. As a man..

One who has not been gelded by society..

Do you feel that society isn't giving you the respect you feel that you deserve because you are a man? Do you feel that all men are disrespected because they are men? Or, is it possible, that people are disrespecting the way you have decided you wish to carry yourself?

You are talking about the act of castration as an act of control.

I think you are a person that does not feel he has a lot of control in his life, and you feel the need to assert your definition of what a 'true man' is because that is what hollywood shows you are the men that are not controlled. Everyone is controlled Evan. You pay your taxes, you obey the laws, you work to support yourself, and then you die. Sure, there is fun in there, a lot of it. Love, danger, risk, but in the end, you are still being controlled by forces you actually DO control in return.

When people begin to discuss violence as a means of conflict resolution, they are arguing from a position of weakness. Once violence is suggested, faith in civility is being shattered. You don't have faith in society because it isn't like the society you see in TV.

Die Hard isn't real. This person's real name is Bruce Willis. He is an actor. He gets paid to play make believe.

Since that isn't real, you start to look for things on TV that ARE closer to real life. Situation comedies with people making fun of each other for being dumb. You make the wrong conclusion that since this type of show is more popular, this must be the reason why things aren't more like Die Hard! So you begin to hate all men not like Die Hard because they are what is wrong with society. This little Long haired wussy boys aren't at all like Die Hard. Me and Die Hard could take on any of them.. heck we could take on ALL of them.. now.. we don't want to.. but we would if we were force?

Really dude? Forced by who, exactly? The 'wussy boys' that aren't interested in fighting you for the last piece of pizza? Oh, no, you mean forced by other Die Hards that think THEY are the strongest and most best equipped to handle all of the problems.

GO get him Die Hard.!

hay I like reading your post and you are not stupid....but you do have a chip on that shoulder. This is another post were you bring in your "generalized other" prod. In the above its flim....all that men put stock in is a product of film ect. You dont believe there are any real deals out there and probably bluster at the idea that there is a man out there that might have a leg up on you? That you are as good as any man. And its all a product of the intellect. I have you down as a very judgmental toward men sort of female. One that maybe looked for Prince Charming....but low and behold all you got was man. How did your mother treat your dad if I might ask?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Raelsatu

Men have honor, men don't rape men don't torture. scum do those things.

Especially those men that are husbands, brothers, grandsons, and fathers; we hope they find honor in these things.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Wow..

Im sorry.. Manhood did a number on you hey?.. But you appear to be very strong and eloquent and have come through..

This may sound disingenuous.. But its not.. I mean it.. And for what its worth.. Im sending some hugs your way...

Very sorry and ashamed that manhood let you down.. And this thread is about what is going wrong with us??

Why are we as a sex failing the very people we supposed to live and protect?

I had to walk away from the computer for a minute after having read this post. You have said some thing in this thread that have been, for lack of a better word, I will just call them distasteful. You have made some statements that I don't agree with, made some claims that have made me question if English was your first language, and generally carried yourself as a person that while misguided and not really sure what he's talking about, probably an okay guy.

Then you decided to make a judgement on how manhood let me down.

Who in the hell do you think you are to say something like that to me? You, someone who doesn't have even the most tertiary grasp of gender studies. Someone who thinks being a man is howling at the moon. It would be laughable if it wasn't so detrimental to a free society to have such idiotic remnants of barbarism paraded around as happy reminders of the good ol' days. How many hours have you studied gender studies? Of those hours, how many of them were with professors doing advanced research and post doctoral critiques? Just curious, because you don't strike me as someone qualified to make any kind of assessment into anyone's definable character, let alone an assessment on some arbitrary set of criteria as Post-Modern-Adolescent-Manboy-Genderisms like the ones you seem to have named "The True Essence of Manhood".

Keep your uneducated judgements about my manhood or lack thereof to yourself. You offend sensibility with your continually disturbing nascent misogyny shielded by your claims of disrespect. Whenever you make a claim you bubble it with assumption, borrowed logic and vocabulary, and tent pole it with the shakiest logic and esoteric musing that nothing you are saying makes any sense and easily forces you to be wrong, simply out of your own contextual contradictions! If this was just a singular occurrence it could be overlooked, but you sir, you make it a habit. It is standard operating procedure for you.

If you had presented even one aspect of this thread that was something more, something inspired, something thought provoking, I might have let a lot of the rest of it go, as one does when you are on a site like AboveTopSecret. But there was no grain of truth. It was all Conjecture. Assumption. Fear. Hate. Not good things for the youngsters on this board to think is the proper way to be a "real man".

I don't think that I can continue in this thread in good conscience. I feel I have laid out my case as for why it is just stupid, and I will let my posting speak for itself.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I didn't crap on anything, friend. I simply offered you context for your observations. You have watched 5 children. Researchers have watched millions.

But sure man, go ahead and take your TINY sampling and let that just wash over your mind as the only experiences that could possibly be going on. That's usually the right course of action.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well I will tell you how women can be. Maybe like lift kit here.

i threw down on some male emasculating type female once. She sure wanst used to my sort.

Well when I got out in the parking lot there were several men waiting for me, one her husband. They wanted to talk. Anyway thats what is really behind some of these sorts.

And no I didnt get my azz kicked and told the guy to his face what a tool he was.....and dont even think about swinging. I ended up losing my job for standing up to one of these emasulaters and her dude. Thats the price you have to pay.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

He brought up media as an outlet for systematic emasculation. I merely poked it back at him as an instrument of sexualized hyper-masculinity.

I have already discussed my father, now I need to discuss my mother? My mother was very young when she had me, she was 15. She was busy working and trying to not get hit by her partner, the man whom raised me. After I forced him from the home, she didn't treat him like anything. He pretty much ceased to exist in our worlds.

EDIT: You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I am female.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I didn't crap on anything, friend. I simply offered you context for your observations. You have watched 5 children. Researchers have watched millions.

But sure man, go ahead and take your TINY sampling and let that just wash over your mind as the only experiences that could possibly be going on. That's usually the right course of action.

Thats not context. You didnt offer that in the spirit of context. You brought it in like a dump truck and tried to run me over with it. Tried to poo 1st hand observation and interaction.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

How old is your son?

This isn't about roles or activities, it's about masculine and feminine energy.

Society has shifted drastically to remove the polarity between men and women. Women are taught to be more like men, and men are ridiculed when they exhibit masculine traits.

The lack of polarity in relationships is what kills attraction, and kills the relationship. The way to be a great father isn't to bake and play with dolls. The way to be a great father is to be willing to die to protect the kids' mother. To be so committed to taking care of your family that nothing else matters. When a kids' mom feels safe, the kids will feel safe.

The way to be a great father is to stand and face the storms of feminine energy and be rock solid, still standing after the storm passes. To take every test your women throws at you and say, "is that all you've got? Give me more."

Unfortunately, in today's world you see so many "sensitive" men who are insecure, whose feelings get hurt by women, who are needy, who are appeasing, and it destroys attraction. I was with a friend the the other day who flat out broke up with her boyfriend on the phone because he was being all wussy boy about why she was out having a drink with me at 8 pm.

I've never seen a woman attracted to an insecure, feminine man. Of course that's just my experience. I'm sure masculine leaning women might be attracted to feminine men.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thats not context. You didnt offer that in the spirit of context. You brought it in like a dump truck and tried to run me over with it. Tried to poo 1st hand observation and interaction.

Are you kidding me? What do you think these researchers are doing? First Hand Observation and Interaction. What I am pooing is your ridiculously small sample. Look back at what I said the first time, it's all there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

He brought up media as an outlet for systematic emasculation. I merely poked it back at him as an instrument of sexualized hyper-masculinity.

I have already discussed my father, now I need to discuss my mother? My mother was very young when she had me, she was 15. She was busy working and trying to not get hit by her partner, the man whom raised me. After I forced him from the home, she didn't treat him like anything. He pretty much ceased to exist in our worlds.

Yea I know. Some of the biggest assholes and abusers often try to mantain a sterotype of themselves that makes one sick when they see it later in other males.

Personally, i have found that men need to watch out for other men when it comes to being emasculated. About 10 to 1. Men are the worst abusers of men.

I needed to come back and edit....yes I did think you were female. Not trying to be an ass with that. Its because the only sort I have ever heard talk like you are angry women. But its clear now. You watched your mom get beat, tossed asshole out.....I was thinking you were one tuff chick. You have felt your mothers pain.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yea I know. Some of the biggest assholes and abusers often try to mantain a sterotype of themselves that makes one sick when they see it later in other males.

Personally, i have found that men need to watch out for other men when it comes to being emasculated. About 10 to 1. Men are the worst abusers of men.

This is a fact I have always known. Men do have a harder life 'out there' than women. It's just that they tend to take it out on women.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? What do you think these researchers are doing? First Hand Observation and Interaction. What I am pooing is your ridiculously small sample. Look back at what I said the first time, it's all there.

I read that. What i am saying is that I have 24/7 from birth on with 5 human over many years, to watch and listen, dipers to first date.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by EvanB

your thread is sexist.

I know women that could take you out as quick as you blinked even if you were holding a sword.

Sexist nonsense... oh be a man!

reminds me of the BS training that goes with now girls play with dolls and boys play with guns...

(Responding to Thurisaz)

This thread is not sexist. It is a beacon of hope, and a dose of reality for men. conversely, it is just something else for women to complain about. {what man's ears aren't psychologically deaf and complacent, to the complaining of a woman}? It has actually become a way of life at this point, so we will do what we do best ,.....grab a beer, ignore it,......and read on.

It is merely pointing out the truth,....and the truth is a bitter pill to swallow for those who feel the need to defend themselves. If there is nothing wrong, then let the men speak (for a change), if there is nothing wrong then what is the harm?

We have let women stand on their pompous soap boxes since the 20's....it's time they stepped down and let someone else be heard for awhile. There is a point where a movement becomes rambling.....where it just becomes insufferable to hear anymore. I have just described feminism, and their "piss on a man's back and convince him that it is raining" tactics.

As they hold all 90+% of all power positions in the working world today, and men subjugate themselves in court and at their jobs to women......as we have lost all managerial positions, all the requests for empathy to their cause becomes ill considered.

We all know there is something very wrong (men anyway), and this is why women start "attacking" when men start pointing out what they are up to these days...or just "speaking" about inequality...a privilege that women have had the right to do since well before any woman today was born. Yet they still cry..inequality and how they should be paid for the suffering of women from a time that they did not suffer in.

If you want to know what is really sexist...check out some links from Feminists speaking about men. All one has to do is type the word Feminist or Feminism and you can find 10,000 links or more referencing hate and disdain for men and what they are doing to take us out.

I will get you started...

Rage against the MANchine.com

Women Against Men.com

Facebook accounts of admission

( It is interesting to see, in the above account, that she is so hateful about what men "allegedly" have done to women over a millennium, while she sits back and reaps the rewards in a world who has shown her "personally"... nothing but privilege (as if she has been oppressed in today's age and deserves to be rewarded for it) Men deserve more remuneration for mistreatment than women these days.

Court, Child Support, child custody and Alimony, even if the woman is a drug user or smoked and drank while the child was in utero, she is still a better candidate than a man in the courts eyes....'Nuff said!......wish I could get paid for every white man who has been accosted or abused by women in court and had their children and all their money stolen from them simply because a court awards you only if you have a vagina).

These women only pop out children so they can get awarded more money in a divorce anyway and then 'use' their own children to pry their way into a man's wallet consistently for the next 20 years of the man's life. Keeping the kid from their father to "punish" him for whatever it was that irritated the mother on that particular day......yeah....."I am woman, hear me roar!"........in reality it should be, "I am a woman tiger, watch me eat my young!"

From the Son of a Feminist. A man who had to grow up under the "rule" of a Feminists female. Testimony from a life of a boy to a man

I will just put the Google page up next....I have no time to put all of these 'hate for men' links by feminist "SEXISTS".

Hundreds, possibly thousands of hating men lings here

P.S. although some may know women who can beat up a guy.....despite what Hollywood says and tries to brain entrain everyone to think,...the average woman is no match for an average man...so stop trying to be so tough....you are a cute little feminist kitten.....and I laugh when a kitten gets hit by a car.

It makes me feel like a BIG MAN!....Yes it does, yes it does!

-If you are a feminist man hater.....my hate for you burns brighter for you, than yours for me...You can take that to the bank, and cash it with your Alimony check or over abundant child support check, ... it will cash in with just as much worth. That is true equality.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

I don't think there is anything left to be said about "The True Essence of Manhood", eh?

This guy has said enough for all of us.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The best thing you can do for a boy is let them be themselves, whether they cry, want to bake, want to play sheriff, or play with dolls. That is true freedom.

I agree with you.
Let your kids find their own way.
Love them for who they are.
One day they will have to take care of you,if you are lucky enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join