It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yes but I do not wish to be a metrosexual. Do you? That is the question. Some guys have plastic surgery to date women. Would you? If men jumped off cliffs to date women would you?

All I suggest is leaving those who want to me traditionally male to enjoy their legal fun... A man should engage in a fist fight if the situation truly warrants it. Cowering in corners is not for all men and do not critice those who make a stand.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Have you ever noticed the mocking of men on msm?

Take adverts... The man is always the comedy fall guy whilst the woman is ever the saviour..

They have made manhood into a joke.. Men, who do not hold their mahood cheap into anachronistic characertures..

Male bonding is met with rolling eyes.. Friendships are now "bromances" implying homosexuality..

They use terms like machismo as if it is somehow wrong to be manly anymore..

Screw that..

I am man... Deal with it or deal with my fist... I am aggressive when I need to be.. Strong in the dark places.. Have a sense of humour even when bullets are flying around.. Can march for days.. Can survive and HAVE survived in tbe harshest environments on the planet.. My character therefore will NEVER let this society emasculate me and be a good boy...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Tiger5

Have you ever noticed the mocking of men on msm?

Take adverts... The man is always the comedy fall guy whilst the woman is ever the saviour..

They have made manhood into a joke.. Men, who do not hold their mahood cheap into anachronistic characertures..

Male bonding is met with rolling eyes.. Friendships are now "bromances" implying homosexuality..

They use terms like machismo as if it is somehow wrong to be manly anymore..

Screw that..

I am man... Deal with it or deal with my fist... I am aggressive when I need to be.. Strong in the dark places.. Have a sense of humour even when bullets are flying around.. Can march for days.. Can survive and HAVE survived in tbe harshest environments on the planet.. My character therefore will NEVER let this society emasculate me and be a good boy...

I am a man.. deal with it or deal with my fist!!

LOL, holy crap. This cannot even be real. You have to be doing some kind of schtick. No one with that kind of mentality could even uncurl their fists long enough to type out that post.

I hope you heal, my friend. You have some serious rage issues. I bet you go through a lot of keyboards.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Not rage.. Just making a point.. Funny how some can read between the line of what you are saying and missinterpret it due to the fact that text does not convey body language..

Even though my statement seemed laughable..

At the very core of me.. This is who I am..

Laugh away soldier..

But if the shtf.. Who would you want beside you? .. Who would you want watching your back??

Dave from accounts? The fax machine operator??

Or me?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Not rage.. Just making a point.. Funny how some can read between the line of what you are saying and missinterpret it due to the fact that text does not convey body language..

Even though my statement seemed laughable..

At the very core of me.. This is who I am..

Laugh away soldier..

But if the shtf.. Who would you want beside you? .. Who would you want watching your back??

Dave from accounts? The fax machine operator??

Or me?

Dave from accounts is a D&D geek that likes to make his role playing more authentic so he has studied weather patterns, wilderness survival, and has a degree in mechanical engineering. The fax machine operator spent two "seasons" in Libya as one of Gadaffi's personal guard, a position that she was traingd for from the age of 12. She also has a degree in communications from Stanford. Both work in this office because of downturn in the economy.

See, you are trying to make this about you being a bad ass BECAUSE you are a man, and what you don't see is that the one characteristic you think makes you special is the ONE THING that ties 50% of this population together. Being male.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think a true man is someone who has conquered over his own demons if not the devil at large. Treading evil under his feet, and having overcome the world, both for himself and on behalf of his fellow man, he marches fourth with his head held high, fearless, aware, even charming, into the unknown and the creative space of novelty, leaving lessor men behind who are unfit to walk the path of goodness and righteousness for the sake of a love that conquers over all.

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I think a true man is someone who has conquered over his own demons if not the devil at large. Treading evil under is feet, and having overcome the world, both for himself and on behalf of his fellow man, he marches fourth with his head held high, fearless, aware, even charming, into the unknown and the creative space of novelty, leaving lessor men behind who are unfit to walk the path of goodness and righteousness for the sake of a love that conquers over all.

Amen

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I think a true man is someone who has conquered over his own demons if not the devil at large. Treading evil under is feet, and having overcome the world, both for himself and on behalf of his fellow man, he marches fourth with his head held high, fearless, aware, even charming, into the unknown and the creative space of novelty, leaving lessor men behind who are unfit to walk the path of goodness and righteousness for the sake of a love that conquers over all.

Could not the same be said for women?

If not, why? If so, does this mean we are speaking about the HUMAN condition, not a gender condition?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

See, you are trying to make this about you being a bad ass BECAUSE you are a man, and what you don't see is that the one characteristic you think makes you special is the ONE THING that ties 50% of this population together. Being male.

No... It does not make me special.. It makes me complete.. Spirtually.. As a man..

One who has not been gelded by society..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This kind of sums it all up for me:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No... It does not make me special.. It makes me complete.. Spirtually.. As a man..

One who has not been gelded by society..

Do you feel that society isn't giving you the respect you feel that you deserve because you are a man? Do you feel that all men are disrespected because they are men? Or, is it possible, that people are disrespecting the way you have decided you wish to carry yourself?

You are talking about the act of castration as an act of control.

I think you are a person that does not feel he has a lot of control in his life, and you feel the need to assert your definition of what a 'true man' is because that is what hollywood shows you are the men that are not controlled. Everyone is controlled Evan. You pay your taxes, you obey the laws, you work to support yourself, and then you die. Sure, there is fun in there, a lot of it. Love, danger, risk, but in the end, you are still being controlled by forces you actually DO control in return.

When people begin to discuss violence as a means of conflict resolution, they are arguing from a position of weakness. Once violence is suggested, faith in civility is being shattered. You don't have faith in society because it isn't like the society you see in TV.

Die Hard isn't real. This person's real name is Bruce Willis. He is an actor. He gets paid to play make believe.

Since that isn't real, you start to look for things on TV that ARE closer to real life. Situation comedies with people making fun of each other for being dumb. You make the wrong conclusion that since this type of show is more popular, this must be the reason why things aren't more like Die Hard! So you begin to hate all men not like Die Hard because they are what is wrong with society. This little Long haired wussy boys aren't at all like Die Hard. Me and Die Hard could take on any of them.. heck we could take on ALL of them.. now.. we don't want to.. but we would if we were force?

Really dude? Forced by who, exactly? The 'wussy boys' that aren't interested in fighting you for the last piece of pizza? Oh, no, you mean forced by other Die Hards that think THEY are the strongest and most best equipped to handle all of the problems.

GO get him Die Hard.!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Actually.. I have a lot of control on my life.. Why?.. Because I will not be bought.. Im not interesred in matirial things.. I also move around a lot.. By choice.. I am not tied to any place..

I choose where I live, work etc.. Paying taxes.. Yes.. But I dont mind putting my contribution to the country I have served.. I dont mind part of my cash going to help people..

As for die hard violence... LOL... I have seen more violence than you can imagine!.. The LAST thing I want in my life is violence.. If I can talk my way out of a situation I will.. There is no shame in that.. But I have zero time for "men" who wont step up and defend their family, friends and loved ones or even a stranger..

I do not live in a die hard fantasy.. I live in the real world.. One where I have seen lots of men broken and cast aside on the streets.. They never recover that spirit.. Because the world implies its wrong.. And most of the time dont get the help they need because they are men.. Gender discrimination at its worse..

This thread is about being men... It is giving you permission to howl at the moon.. Climb mountains.. Be free..

Be what you want... Dont fear what you are but rejoice in it..

So there you go guys..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

I think a true man is someone who has conquered over his own demons if not the devil at large. Treading evil under his feet, and having overcome the world, both for himself and on behalf of his fellow man, he marches fourth with his head held high, fearless, aware, even charming, into the unknown and the creative space of novelty, leaving lessor men behind who are unfit to walk the path of goodness and righteousness for the sake of a love that conquers over all.

Could not the same be said for women?

If not, why? If so, does this mean we are speaking about the HUMAN condition, not a gender condition?

True, but there's something about the sins of the father which have sown the seeds of human evil, that only a man must face down, and take responsibility for as the end of the cycle, it's a strange paradox, and it's something that women are needed for also, but at the same time do not bear the same burden of responsibility for. Men have screwed everything up and men must fix it. It's our duty to make right the wrongs, and sow seeds of love in place of hatred and strife. It's a different kind of chest-beating warrior because this man is a Civilized man, never reckless, never harmful.

I am reminded of the image in the book of Revelation, with the man on the white horse (representing power and purity) who comes "conquering and to conquer" and who's every arrow flies straight to its mark.

This sums it up for me also. Again my last name once Rys is Welch in origin and it means "to charge in with valor", so this below sums it up for me as well.

And I can say from experience that that breach is a terrifying place where enemies do indeed lie in wait. I therefore praise the holy name of Jesus Christ that one greater than I went before me and without whom I would have accomplished nothing.

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not going to bother replying to the top part of your post, frankly because of your attitude about violence. The guy claiming to not be violent is the guy telling someone to deal with his fist. You just lose credibility with me when that is your go to.

This thread is about being men... It is giving you permission to howl at the moon.. Climb mountains.. Be free..

Be what you want... Dont fear what you are but rejoice in it..

So there you go guys..

So, according to your permission.. "being men".. is acting like animals. Literally. Acting like animals.

Oh! Wait.. the second line! Thank you for the second line!

Be what you want.. don't fear what you are!

Men, if you want to punch trees, then punch the crap out of them! Men, if you want to bake cookies all day and gossip with your friends, do it! Don't fear what you are! Be whatever it is you want!

This I can get behind, friend!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

True, but there's something about the sins of the father which have sown the seeds of human evil, that only a man must face down, and take responsibility for as the end of the cycle, it's a strange paradox, and it's something that women are needed for also, but at the same time do not bear the same burden of responsibility for. Men have screwed everything up and men must fix it. It's our duty to make right the wrongs, and sow seeds of love in place of hatred and strife. It's a different kind of chest-beating warrior because this man is a Civilized man, never reckless, never harmful.

Dude, I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. I have not experienced a.. Sins of the Father sowing seeds of human evil.. That's a LOT of buzzwords not actually saying anything of value. So.. women are needed.. but because you as a man have decided to take on some kind of extra existential responsibility.. for what exactly.. something someone else did.. and only someone with a penis can fix it? Did I get the jist of it?

I am reminded of the image in the book of Revelation, with the man on the white horse (representing power and purity) who comes "conquering and to conquer" and who's every arrow flies straight to its mark.

This sums it up for me also. Again my last name once Rys is Welch in origin and it means "to charge in with valor", so this below sums it up for me as well.

Oh, that sums you up also? You are a prophesied conquering horseman of the Apocalypse??

I think we're done here.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Men, if you want to punch trees, then punch the crap out of them! Men, if you want to bake cookies all day and gossip with your friends, do it! Don't fear what you are! Be whatever it is you want! 

I can bake cookies with the best of you.. Hell.. I have spent whole days doing so for my girlfriends kids.. I have even helped my girlfriend into the night with elaberate icing on cakes she makes.. I cook.. I clean.. I wash up.. I take care of kids.. I fricken love it too!

Nothing wrong in any of that... If you are being true to yourself.. Then you are being a man..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

What if being a 'good boy' is true to your heart?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Nobody is TRULY good.. There is nothing wrong with trying to be.. I try to be most of the time.. But I am also prone to fail at that too.. Sometimes spectaculary.. Its my nature to be kind, giving, and if I love you I love with everything I am..

However.. I am a soldier.. I have soldiers ways.. So the love I have to give for my fellow man is one of loyal defense with my life.. And from experience.. That is not pretty..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Nobody is TRULY good.. There is nothing wrong with trying to be.. I try to be most of the time.. But I am also prone to fail at that too.. Sometimes spectaculary.. Its my nature to be kind, giving, and if I love you I love with everything I am..

However.. I am a soldier.. I have soldiers ways.. So the love I have to give for my fellow man is one of loyal defense with my life.. And from experience.. That is not pretty..

You are not allowed to make the assessment of good for the entirety of all people that have ever lived.

You cannot say that no truly good people exist, it is disingenuous and is merely sidestepping a question.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

so this below sums it up for me as well.

And I can say from experience that that breach is a terrifying place where enemies do indeed lie in wait. I therefore praise the holy name of Jesus Christ that one greater than I went before me and without whom I would have accomplished nothing.

The magnificent thing about "the breach" however, in spite of its terrors and perils, is that as an arrow of Civilized progress, once formed it represents a breakthrough and an inevitable triumph not just for one's self but for every man, and woman, because it opens up a new domain of unfettered freedom and possibility for the human being, and then up goes a cheer as high as the heavens.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join