It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi to everyone on ATS, it is so lovely to meet you.

I have been a long time lurker on these boards, for years. However, I have finally decided to join and maybe even contribute a bit to some threads. I have alot of thoughts about this and that, and I often get labelled ' nuts' or ';bonkers' or my personal favourite 'eccentric', if I dare to express my views in public. I have learnt to keep my own counsel, over the years. So you guys on ATS have kept me sane over the years, knowing there are other people who can see through the mass delusions, illusions and madness that is so rampant in the world today, probably always has been.

I am in my 40s, female and I am English. I hope to talk to some of you soon.

Helen xx

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
welcome!!! hope you enjoy your time here, and don't worry we like the loonies!!
but seriously welcome and good luck!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hello Helen welcome to ats I'm sure you'll fit right in we're all a little bonkers, damn I love when the brits say bonkers. I watch so many British shows and sitcoms and say things like wanker and brilliant all the time and people where I live think i'm weird.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Welcome to ATS Helen.

I hope you will enjoy your stay with us.

Hope to see you around the boards.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thank you OMC, I appreciate the welcome. Also thanks RN311, I so love loonies too - as long as they are of the kind, non violent variety. Preston Space thanks for saying 'hi', I think 'bonkers' is a good word too, it sort of adds a certain depth and roundness to the description of someone who is a bit left of centre.. in a nice way. I try not to use the 'W' word, but sometimes it slips out in a hushed whisper, under my breath, in stressful situations, such as getting a parking ticket etc.

Hope to see you all around. H

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family, Helen....hope you enjoy it here....

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Nice to meet you Helen!
Welcome to ATS, I've been labeled what you have. But I'd just call us, unique.
Hope you enjoy. Glad you joined

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If you work hard at the nuts and bonkers thing, one day you can do it professionally... just like I do.

Welcome to ATS!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome Helen! We are one big dysfunctional family here. See you out on the boards.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Run......Run quickly while you still have time!
As a lurker you are free to shake your head or laugh but as a member, no such luxuries!

When you get to 20 posts you get the "real" info which means you have to mop the floor, clean your room and dust those old plates aunt Agnes gave your mother that you just cant seem to get rid of!

Being a Lurker is far easier and you don't have chores!

You have been warned!!!

....and welcomed!

edit on 25-12-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Reaffirming ATS Policies Terms & Conditions Of Use

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.
edit on 12/26/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wow thank you all for your warm welcome. I really appreciate it and hope that I can contribute positively to the forum. Helen x

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

thank you night star. I love your avatar. Helen

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

welcome to the site Helen, im a forties female too, there are quite a few of us older ladies on here

Im welsh, so not far from you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hello TDW
Yes agreed
I am originally from Hampshire and then London but I had to get out of London, a few years ago [ for my sanity]. I live about 100 miles away from Wales. Helen x

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hi, welcome to ATS. I'm new too, just learning the ropes as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mkdir4403

Thank you - I have made 10 posts now !! Apparently we need 20 before we can start a thread

top topics

join