It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

There is a common denominator to be found. One that doesn't involve any of the agendas being pushed lately. It is something much more simple, and sinister than any of the theories that are currently causing so much bitter dispute on the boards. There is a special interest group behind it all, IMO. But it's not anyone with a direct desire to take away any assault weapons. This special interest is one of the largest lobbies in Washington, has power beyond any and all rational understanding, and they dictate their own terms, to a large degree, regarding almost every aspect of their own interests.

Even if all these killers were on meds, how does that disprove any psyop conspiracy theory? I would think the preferred subjects are people with mental problems.

You are trying to dispute the conspiracy theory that the killing spree was setup in order to grab the guns. You deny this and say there is another group behind it.

Yet what does Big Pharma have to gain when it becomes clear that their drugs are causing this?

Or do you just mean to say that the medications are the cause of these killing sprees, and that Big Pharma knows this?

If this is the case, I don't see how you can say that instead of a government plot to grab guns, that Pharma is behind it.

Is Big Pharma behind the shooting? That's what you seem to be saying.

edit on 26-12-2012 by SPayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SPayne

I'm sorry you haven't the aptitude to determine that the absence of a penalty indicates the presence of an incentive in financial circles. This is not my shortcoming. It's yours.

No tune was changed. I simply fleshed out the example for you. I'm sorry it's hard for you to understand.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

It's brilliant, actually. The more people who snap and commit these atrocities, the more customers are created. Sure, it costs Big Pharma one customer, but they can get hundreds in return when people complain of depression after being adversely affected by someone's rampage.

What is brilliant?

The example you gave had nothing to do with your initial post I responded to.
edit on 26-12-2012 by SPayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks for this post Heff. Hit's a little close to home because I live with my boyfriends sister who has been on and still currently is on a handful of those drugs and she's had very violent outbursts. Almost demonic when she freaks out.

S+F

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

And do what? The medical community suppresses cures.Rock the boat and they'll kick you out,all that education,gone. Either you sell the drugs or they brand you heretic.
I also wish to point out these meds ARE in our water.People excrete them every dayand no filter removes them.
We are ALL getting dosed.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If true this only proves what many know already.

Our unregulated industries, capitalism unleashed does not have the publics best interest in mind. The altar of the almighty dollar demands sacrifice. If America were a plant it would have root rot (public apathy) and leaf blight (Corporate control of Washington). A sensible gardener would throw the whole plant out and start anew and make sure the conditions that ruined the first plant cannot take hold.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

I've only experienced using one of these types of drugs that was prescribed to help me quit smoking. Took it for 5 days. I have never been so paranoid in my life. I had the most terrible dreams, I was afraid to go to sleep at night. It was horrible. Others told me I wasnt acting right and I wasnt. I felt scared 24/7.

I stopped taking it and after 3 days and I was back to normal. Decided to use the best quit smoking devise on the planet and it worked. I simply made up my mind.

I can pretty much guess which one of those "smoking cessation" drugs you took, based on knowing several people who were prescribed one and experienced nightmares.....and had suicidal thoughts. After that, I did some research and found a website with extensive posts by people who'd literally had their lives ruined after taking it.

For me, I took an interest in Zyban years ago (also sold under a cheaper name - Wellbutrin) as a chronic chain smoker. I asked for Wellbutrin and experienced the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do. Instead of smoking less, I found myself smoking 2x more....4 packs a day! On the flip side, I'd also been prescribed a plethora of SSRI's for "depression"........NONE of them alleviated any symptoms......I felt as though I'd fallen into a deep abyss. I simply could no longer function! Things finally came to a close when the 3rd MD I went to intimated that it "was all in my head" and recommended seeing a psychiatrist. That was my last resort, and a real blessing!
I was prescribed Topamax, and after no positive results, the shrink added a small dose of lithium. Whoa! Within 24-hours of taking that combination I felt like a human being again! The lithium dosage had to be increased after a few weeks and I took both Rx's for a period of 6-months. That was over 12-years ago.......and have never felt better since!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SPayne

The design of the mechanism is what's brilliant. Perhaps this is where you became confused, thinking that by stating the design was "brilliant" that I simulaneously infer intent.

Often, designs offer benefits that hadn't been foreseen. It's obvious you've made your entrance into this thread to assert your opinion that SSRI's cannot contribute to the psychological deterioration of a person.

So given your opinion, what is your experience with SSRI's? Did you find them to be helpful in treating your disorder or condition?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Giving any medicine to any person who does not need it will often be harmful to them. This is not unique to SSRI drugs. Doctors are far too eager to diagnose and prescribe people with these drugs but that does not mean the drug has no use.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Personally, I also think this can be factored in the equation if we want to look at errant behavior and some of its possibly related causes:

Drinking Pharmaceuticals: Probe: Pharmaceuticals In Drinking Water

Water treatment is a subject of particular interest for me as in my former life I did industrial water treatment.
We truly are 'muddying the waters' if you will, with increasing levels of unprocessed drugs and chemicals in our waste stream and eventually into our bodies.

And while researchers do not yet understand the exact risks from decades of persistent exposure to random combinations of low levels of pharmaceuticals, recent studies - which have gone virtually unnoticed by the general public - have found alarming effects on human cells and wildlife.

Note the use of the word 'alarming' in that statement. And this statement:

The federal government doesn't require any testing and hasn't set safety limits for drugs in water.

With the all the environmental issues surrounding us, from chemicals, the electromagnetic exposure, media programming and so on, to me, is one heckuva soup mix there.

Antidepressants in Stream Waters! Are They in the Fish Too?

It may be entirely possible we also need more than 10 fingers in order to point out ALL the blame!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks Heff. I've been echoing the same sentiments in a few replies I've made recently. Sadly, I think we'll see more of these types of tragedies before most people start to acknowledge it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I am going to school to become a psychologist. So, I am biased in the sense that psychotropic medications do help.

HOWEVER, the problem is that people are being medicated, usually without therapeutic intervention, and usually by their FAMILY DOCTOR. THIS is the problem. Family doctors & psychiatrists are very lenient with the script pads. They lack the intense training and education in psychology that psychologists do. They are medical doctors and so tend to see depression as a physical medical condition. People who have situational depression, from things like divorce, job loss, etc., should never be given any kind of psychotropic medication, in my opinion. Not just because the side effects far outweigh the benefits, or because the amount of time it takes for the drug to actually start working in the system is longer than the time it might take for the situational depression to take care of itself, but mainly because PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WORK OUT THEIR PROBLEMS. Identify causes of depression, see how their behavior might be making things worse, see how to work through their feelings, etc. Otherwise, we are not only masking problems, we are also introducing behavior and mind-altering substances into an already rough situation, yet removing clarity and the ability to get to the heart of the problem as well, which usually results in people being on these drugs for YEARS.

Now, in some instances, pharmaceutical intervention is absolutely helpful and even necessary, for things such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Even then, there can be routes taken that do not include pharma. But it should never be the fist choice, ever.

We live in a society that offers instant gratification: fast food, online shopping, etc., well of course medicating depression would be a big deal here because we want to feel good NOW. We don't want to DEAL with anything or work through anything, right? We don't want to feel bad. It goes against societal standards. It is so wrong. We are creating generations of children who lack coping skills because we medicate them, as we medicate ourselves in front of them. We lack parenting skills because we want to be best friends with our children FIRST and don't want to rock the boat. We do not want confrontation and do not want to "push them". How has this been working for us, America? Look around!

I think the problems are many. So many have a part in this, even parents, but especially medical professionals. That is why I am choosing to become a psychologist and NOT a psychiatrist. I am a follower of CBT, or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, because I believe that most of these issues can be changed with behavioral modification. However, it is maybe a rougher approach for most people because you have to not only change your attitudes and behaviors, but you're essentially taking the credit AND the fault for things you do. There isn't a scapegoat.

Sorry for the rant

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I watched this the other night and the next morning on the news they were saying if your teen is stressed or depressed have them talk to a psychiatrist. Get them in there so they can give them drugs. The video is about one mother who was told to put her son in some drugs and with in 6 months committed suicide and her search for answers. It is a bit dramatic but then again it was meant to hit home. One thing she found was 9 out of the 13 school shooting the shooters were on some kind of psychiatric drug.

The OP has indeed identified the Elephant in the room and you have presented another enlightening video addressing one aspect of the out of control Pharmaceutical Industry which with the AMA are a herd of elephants unto themselves. However on this subject of the connection between Spree Killers, I would like to add two more documentaries on this subject :

I would like to add that these Murder Sprees are not the result of our 2nd Amendment or so-called Gun Culture but are the result of a number of other influences in our society that could easily lumped with the label of child abuse but the term child abuse is not as many might think.

The Child Abuse I am referring to is 1)Violence in Movies, TV and Video Games, 2) Divorce and single parent homes and 3) War and the propaganda that Murder and Atrocities Excused Behind the Justification of War.
edit on 26-12-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great thread, however wellbutrin (Burpropion) is not a SSRI, Im currently on it and opted for that after all i read about SSRI's and talking to my doc. Also helps quit smoking whoo hoo. Its still a pharmaceutical and probably still not good for you, but not a ssri.

Dirty-D

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What is "The norm " in times like these ? I mean I don't even feel normal, just sitting here, minding my own business, trying to " maintain " ! Because that's what used to be, " The norm ". Surly no one can believe that what used to be " The norm " then, could still be, " The norm " now ?

If we don't change our direction ? We are going to end up exactly where we're going.

Circular definition - See circular definition.
As always SnF
edit on 26-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

I am glad to hear of your victory in finding your spiritual self and tackling issues internally.This is true spiritual healing. I hope you continue your journey on the Path. Take care and God Bless!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Originally posted by shells4u
I was prescribed paxil and discontinued its usage due to fits of rage...it was very scary!!!

One of the most pertinent posts in this thread. And it's just being ignored ? Star for someone we could obviously learn from.

I would like to hear more please. In fact, if you aren't to busy or when you get time ? I want details to the last drop.
edit on 26-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have just recently been put on Prozac and it has helped a lot.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hi Heff, I think you are on to something here. I acknowledge the problems and issues with Big Pharma and these powerful drugs that the shooters seem to have been on. I do think they are still being used for the Gun Control agenda, because they need for us to be disarmed so we will not resist. This is also why there is flouride in the water. I just had a conversation with my sister who won't eat meat for health reasons, but she won't listen to the thing about flouride, it's just too scary to listen to. So people can listen to all the Agenda 21 propaganda that rasing cattle and eating meat is bad for the environment, but they won't accept that the very same people pushing this propaganda are also flouridating the water so we won't resist.
After studying Agenda 21 more, I have discovered just how deeply it has gotten entrenched in local governments and business.
They have a technique for getting people on board their plans. It's called the Deplhi technique, according to Rosa Koire, who wrote "Behind The Green Mask."
So, we have Big Pharma promoting all these powerful drugs which can cause people to do stuff they wouldn't have done, we have them doing mass shootings and now the Gun Control promoters are pushing hard for gun control in tandem with screening for mental health problems. That means that fewer people who try to register a gun and get a CC permit will get it. Meanwhile they are using the Delphi technique to make it look like there is a consensus on banning weapons or more gun control measures. I mean didn't we all just hear Cuomo's statements on it?
Just read DSM-IV and you get the feeling that just about every human condition of the mind and soul can be categorized as a disorder.
It does seem like all this is tied in together. It is not just about BIg Pharma getting money though. It is about gun control too. It is like different arms of the same octopus or the hydra of the Labours of Hercules.
The Dephi technique is being used to get people to agree on gun control because no one wants to look like they don't care about the children.
What are the odds of all of this happening while this admin is trying to negotiate the UN Small Arms Treaty. What politician wants people to think they don't care about the little children? They will be thought a monster by the people who are clamoring for them to cave in to new legislation and controls, or even outright banning.
In the meantime, they will use situations like this to promote all-around mental health screening for other purposes.

Also, I think it is entirely possible that there could be an agent provocateur who finds people with problems and who would make good candidates for these things.
edit on 26-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join