It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Drugs are very dangerous, especially the legal ones.
I tried an antidepressant several months ago to see if it would reduce my tiredness. I'm normally one of the calmest people you could meet, but it resulted in me having extreme anxiety/panic attacks and crying fits. I essentially became an entirely different person. It got so bad that I had to go to the hospital and be put in an observation room. I can certainly understand someone who is on drugs long-term suddenly flipping **** and killing a bunch of people... I couldn't even handle it for 3 days, yet tons of people have been living on em for years.

Not discounting your account, but the truth is that it takes weeks for anti-depressants to start affecting a person in the manner that they are designed to affect them. Maybe there was a bit of a placebo effect in your specific case?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So much truth. This is one of the problems that will never see the light of day.Big Money, Big Lobby, and too much on the line. The rabbit hole is lined with pharmaceuticals.............

S&F

Wish I could give you more.........

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think we are an overmedicated society, and I am a person who believes that mediactions can help people if used appropriately. They are not a panacea, but people use them as such. Have a problem? Forget about trying to work through the problem, here, just take a pill. Americans want easy fixes to difficult and multifactoral problems. Instead of dieting, they want a pill. Instead of working on their personal problems, they want a pill. Stop smoking? Gimme a pill.

These spree shooters usually have been heavily medicated throughout childhood. I cannot imagine that such medications don't have some sort of affect on the developing brain. If you had a son with what is now called ADHD, you used to get him involved with sports or get him out in the great outdoors or some other outlet for his pent up energy. Now, give him mild altering drugs.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

You are correct in saying it takes weeks for the desired effect to take place — months even, but initial reactions to any one of these drugs can and do come on very quickly, with the user displaying all sorts of unusual behaviour and thought processes.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I think the meds are appropriate for some people, but still not without side effects. Take care.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
omg Obama is going to make every one take meds or go to jail. i love conspiracies

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

now called ADHD, you used to get him involved with sports or get him out in the great outdoors or some other outlet for his pent up energy. Now, give him mild altering drugs.

There is a great deal of pressure on parents to get their kids drugged up so they fit in to society and are "on task" at school and don't cause any disruptions for all the others who are deemed normal. The kindergarten or Montessori teacher or grade school teacher will send notes home to parents saying they were distracted in class, tapped their pencils during tests, or couldn't concentrate when others tapped their pencils, how they weren't on task for various lessons, couldn't sit still, and blah blah blah. To the point where they won't let your child in class without a prescription. It is usually Ritalin, or the newer one is Adderall, used for teens.

Once the parent takes their child to the doctor, there is no real test for it. The doctor just observes the child and from the "symptoms" the Doc makes his diagnosis. They tell you that the brain of your child is "different" and that Ritalin helps the brain be more normal. They tell you that your child's brain doesn't process Dopamine properly and the Ritalin will help him.
I remember seeing pics of long lines of children at a public school waiting to get their meds.

It is a scary scenario that children have to sit still in a classroom when they have too much energy for that, and then have to get in all these lines so they can be still for the teacher so the teacher does not have to deal with all the energy.

Maybe our methods of education are not truly adequate. Why are so many children falling through these cracks? Many of them have amazing gifts, such as ability to draw or play musical instruments.
edit on 26-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good to see that these days the ATS community is more open to the idea that all may not be well in pharma land. Maybe the Age of Aquarius has actually started :-)

I have personally observed various people around me on pharma drugs. Maybe a few of them think they feel better for themselves, but not one of them IS better. In the longer run they all wind up being a burden for others, social welfare cases, incapable of work or any meaningful contribution to society or their families.

To all those affected and who think that pharma drugs are the solution: Why not give real doctors who get actual results a chance? I highly recommend to at least make an attempt at understanding what these great professionals have to say:

How to lift your mood without antidepressants
The right way to get off antidepressants

As Bad as Cocaine and Amphetamines - Will Authorities Now Force This Drug on Your Child?

Neurological problems

As a passionate gamer it upsets me that ego shooters are always presented as the culprits, while the link to pharma drugs is carefully hidden and denied. The only link I see is that drugs induce a state of mind that makes a person open for hypnotic suggestions. A kid on pharma drugs may indeed record certain behaviour patterns of games in his subconsciuos mind. But the cause are the DRUGS, not the game!!! The reduced ability to differentiate between reality and fiction and the failure to orient oneself in the world stems from drugs, not games.

In my opinion the pharma industry should be the #1 target for people who want a better world. Stand up against legislation that suppresses natural alternatives. Put the reins on the FDA so that they must exclusively work for the best of the people and completely disregard the interests of pharaceutical corporations. Stop all extortive health systems that reward disease, monopolize treatment and prohibit real cures.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman
omg Obama is going to make every one take meds or go to jail. i love conspiracies

You must admit that people talking about screening people for mental health in order to get a Carry permit fits into a scenario of gun control. I have seen posts even here on this site suggesting such.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I get how you feel, AceWombat.

Before fluoxetine/Prozac, my mind would not shut off, making the anxiety and depression go haywire. With it, I do seem more focused, but I"m more touchy and snappish than ever....possibly because of other factors, never was one for human contact.

As I stated before in a previous post, it all matters on how the body takes to the drug. Perhaps the aggression is the body trying to get used to the substance?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works, but all week this has been bothering me, so thought I'd throw it out there for discussion with more knowledgeable members.

The drug fanapt that Adam Lanza was allegedly taking is manufactured by Novartis, Ann Fudge sits on the Board of Directors of Novartis and on the Board of General Electric which Peter Lanza is the tax director & board member. She is also a Trustee of the Rockafeller Foundation and also a member of the Council for Foreign Relations which, it is alleged, is the controlling arm as it were of the Elite and the Government "behind" the Government of the USA.

One of the posters asked "What's in it for the big pharmas?" well I think you could look at it this way, they are in effect getting human trials of their latest drugs, out there on the street, drugs that were in fact deemed unsafe and failed to pass the FDA regulations more than once. What if Adam Lanza was a corporate guinea pig with father's knowledge? Favours for the boys/girls/old school tie brigade? I'm sure he wasn't to know the possible results but seems curious to me when you take into account the Ruling Elite's alleged penchant for gun control not only in the USA but Worldwide. They are also creating a huge fear factor and awareness of the "seriousness outcomes" of untreated mental health issues, whether those outcomes are real or fabricated. The knock on effect being increased sales for them and a docile population or a controllable population whichever.

The resulting outcomes of handing out all these drugs like sweeties, are I'm sure, catalogued and noted for research purposes. Considering what these people are capable of, dishing out anti depressants and awaiting the reaction isn't beyond the realms of possiblity.
edit on 26-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I am on the verge of total exhaustion regarding the subject of spree killers....People are, quite understandably, emotional over the stress.

These events haven't affected my life, whatsoever. Not sure exactly, HOW or WHY they would be affecting yours? Unless, of course, a loved one was involved.

Meanwhile we seem to be ignoring the HUGE elephant in the room with us.
Yeah, and that HUGE elephant is television

There is a special interest group behind it all, IMO.... I speak of the legal drug dealers today. I am talking about big pharma and their profit generating chemical
Again, how does that affect your life? Unless, you prescribe to their medicine because of your "emotional stress".

As a matter of fact, the reason why people are so depressed, is because they eat negativity. Incidents like Sandy Hook happen, and people sit in front of the TELEVISION....absorbing these negative vibes...that are planted in the back on the subconscious mind. Not sure which part of that....people haven't grasped yet?

Television does 2 things: it plays the part of depressing people, inconspicuously; then it advertises a healing medicine, to make the pain go away.

If you're gonna blame something....blame people plugged into the matrix. Big pharma is only pushing it's product on you...because it KNOWS you're tuned in. I don't do drugs...i don't drink...i don't need anything to mask my problems. All i have to do...is face them...HEAD ON!

Bottom line is this: TURN OFF THE FRIGGIN TELEVISION!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And that is the point. The meds seem more as "medical restraints" than helping a kid think clearly. The kid does not pay attention...well maybe he is bored stiff. He's bouncing off the walls, but he goes home to sit on the couch playing video games and eating processed, sugar laden food instead of grabbing an apple and going outside to play. People, including administrators want an easy fix for what really is on many occasions a bright child who needs some (shudder) guidance and direction.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

before the sandy hook school shooting that would be a good idea because it is way to easy to get a gun.
so now i predict that in the future if you were ever on any type of mental health drug then that is good as a felony and u cant get a gun buddy!
it took me 15 minutes to get my carry permit thats to easy.
edit on 26-12-2012 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
So we are in agreement that quite a few already on this thread have/are taking these meds, and unless theres something your not telling us, NONE of us have commited these attrocities. They have even SAVED lives as you can see. My point being that as well written and thought out this thread is, the medicines are NOT the problem as we can see.

I would like to see some solid evidence to support the notion that these drugs "save" enough lives to warrant their existence. They are dangerous. I have personal experience with them myself and I have seen what others close to me have gone through while taking them. They are dangerous....pure and simple...and NOT just to YOUNG people who take them.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

SSRIs are definitely a major problem. Yes, for many people, they feel they benefit from them, and probably do. The problem is, those who prescribe them don't really understand the science of the brain or the drug well enough to do so safely (at least, not in anything approaching 100%.) it's not to say doctors are stupid - the problem is, NOBODY knows exactly how it all works, or exactly how they will affect each person, or what types of therapy may be necessary alongside the mind-altering drugs they are prescribing.

SSRIs are the "easy fix", and maybe they "do the trick" 95% of the time. Maybe they only lead to aggressive behavior in 1%, suicide in 0.5%, and murder-suicide in 0.001% (i'm making up numbers here), but the fact is, we KNOW suicidal thoughts or actions are an acknowledged side effect of the drugs, but we really don't know *why*

That is what bothers me. They help most people who take them, at least in coping with their mental/emotional problems, and that is a good thing. If most of the people taking them are reporting feeling better with the aid of the meds, then that many lives have been improved, at least from that standpoint. Is it the best available "fix" - not likely. Prescription drugs rarely are. But are most of those people going to go to, pay for, follow through, and benefit from therapy or self-help? No, not likely. And so, we find ourselves, as a society, "helping" the depressed by chemically altering the symptoms of their malady, because it is the best, most efficient method available.

In return, we are going to continue to pay the price. Maybe the drugs, in rare cases, allow individuals to dwell more seriously on their problems. To magnify their problems in their minds to such a degree that their diminished capacity to "feel" enables their mind to make the leap from depression to senseless violence.

In all prescription medications, there is a price to pay. Unfortunately, the price paid for what to some is a miracle drug, has been weighed as not being too high to abandon the perceived benefits they provide to millions. Our healthcare, and mental health system, despite being the world's most expensive, does not provide enough of a level of monitoring and evaluation to catch those cases where the drug has gone the wrong direction and may result in tragedy. Scribble a script for one of these fluoride-based SSRIs,transfer money from the insurance pool to the Pharma industry, with a little kicker for the doctor, and everyone continues to get paid every time the script is refilled. Maybe an occasional quick office visit to keep the gravy train rolling, but don't really work on the patient - too much time involved hurts the bottom line.

I've rambled some, but that's the gist of my thoughts. Careless drugging of millions of Americans, with an occasional tragedy which is difficult to solidly pin to the drugs themselves, and rare enough that the outcry over banning such substances would likely outweigh the outcry over a call to ban assault rifles. I believe the drugs could be beneficial while minimizing the risk of such incidents if our medical system wasn't so hell-bent on monetary effiiency, and profits at all costs.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Wow, great find, especially the tie to Rockefeller and CFR.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke

I am on the verge of total exhaustion regarding the subject of spree killers....People are, quite understandably, emotional over the stress.

These events haven't affected my life, whatsoever. Not sure exactly, HOW or WHY they would be affecting yours? Unless, of course, a loved one was involved.

Meanwhile we seem to be ignoring the HUGE elephant in the room with us.
Yeah, and that HUGE elephant is television

There is a special interest group behind it all, IMO.... I speak of the legal drug dealers today. I am talking about big pharma and their profit generating chemical
Again, how does that affect your life? Unless, you prescribe to their medicine because of your "emotional stress".

As a matter of fact, the reason why people are so depressed, is because they eat negativity. Incidents like Sandy Hook happen, and people sit in front of the TELEVISION....absorbing these negative vibes...that are planted in the back on the subconscious mind. Not sure which part of that....people haven't grasped yet?

Television does 2 things: it plays the part of depressing people, inconspicuously; then it advertises a healing medicine, to make the pain go away.

If you're gonna blame something....blame people plugged into the matrix. Big pharma is only pushing it's product on you...because it KNOWS you're tuned in. I don't do drugs...i don't drink...i don't need anything to mask my problems. All i have to do...is face them...HEAD ON!

Bottom line is this: TURN OFF THE FRIGGIN TELEVISION!

While I completely agree with you that television is a factor, you cannot sit there and ignore the data that supports the premise of this thread. You also cannot dismiss the fact that the average person who visits his/her doctor expects the doctor to be aware of any potential dangers these drugs present. The dangers have been publicized for years. People trust their physicians to prescribe them safe medications. People also trust the FDA to keep them safe from dangerous drugs. Neither one of them are trying to protect us because the physicians are being trained about these drugs by non other than Big Pharma. And the FDA and Big Pharma have execs jumping back and forth in employment between them like it's a big game of musical chairs. See a little conflict of interest there?

Don't act like these things aren't relevant.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Dear Heff,
Interesting topic, S&F for bringing it up. However you kind of miss the basics here, statistics. How many people are taking SSRIs in the USA versus how many go on a gun rampage. The numbers are going to be so insignificant that they were considered during clinical trails to be acceptable.

I would hazard a guess that it isn't even anywhere near 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001%.

Anyway a whole lot of zeros =)

If you then add the number of people taking SSRIs worldwide versus number of people who "lose" it due to the SSRIs themselves, well.. it kind of renders your topic matter to virtual insignificance.

SSRI limit the re-uptake of serotonin, base definition of how these work. During the rave scene millions of people were using MDMA which flushes vast amounts of serotonin into the brain - how many of those lost it and went on violent killing sprees?

I don't think the drugs are the problem, the problem are kids with moronic parents who have next to no morals or values, are at base level paranoid and delusional and have semi/fully automatic weapons to hand.

Under educated and impoverished families breeding sub 50 IQ sprogs for welfare and believing all the hype from the MSM machine.

The problem is humanity.

*tips hat*

T

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

SSRIs are definitely a major problem. Yes, for many people, they feel they benefit from them, and probably do. The problem is, those who prescribe them don't really understand the science of the brain or the drug well enough to do so safely (at least, not in anything approaching 100%.) it's not to say doctors are stupid - the problem is, NOBODY knows exactly how it all works, or exactly how they will affect each person, or what types of therapy may be necessary alongside the mind-altering drugs they are prescribing.
reply to post by dogstar23

You just hit the nail on the head.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join