It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAmerika

Most of the people are likely using the $200 s a downpayment on a gun that actually works.
Another Epic Fail brought to you by the US Government.

I wonder if they would pay me 200 for a homemade working gun out of a metal pipe and a nail for the hammer? I think I could turn a nifty profit...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

I have some old junk .22's and Mosins that I would gladly turn in for $200 so then I could go buy a good one

I also wonder how many of those guns are crap from pawn shops looking to turn a quick profit on guns much like you describe.

edit on 23-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I think I'm going to go to all the garage and estate sales I can find and stock up on old .22 and .410s that I can get for 20.00 and when this rolls around to my neck of the woods take them all in for the cash.

Just think of the look on their faces when you walk in with a 100 guns to turn in...lol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I know right?
The buy back programs let you get guns at great prices.
And I got a kel tec p32 for $130, do you think I would not sell it back for $200? lol I would make that deal all day.
It was/is a great pocket pistol, but with the LC9 and others why keep it when I can make money off it lol.

In fact most of the guns there can be had for less than $200 here.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Intruder walks through my front door he will leave in a bag.

Mine too. Period.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Will these weapons be heading to Mexico?

Just sayin...........

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by severdsoul

I know right?
The buy back programs let you get guns at great prices.
And I got a kel tec p32 for $130, do you think I would not sell it back for $200? lol I would make that deal all day.
It was/is a great pocket pistol, but with the LC9 and others why keep it when I can make money off it lol.

In fact most of the guns there can be had for less than $200 here.

I actually value the .32acp and .380acp pistols MORE than the 9mm and .45acp. LESS RECOIL makes for less flinching aka steady hand, relaxed grip and smooth trigger pull. Sure the bullet wound would be smaller but you can compensate for that with hollow points.

The only thing I like 9mm and .45acp is with short barralled rifles but the stupid government makes you pay a $200 tax stamp because these guns are rated higher on the classification scale. Its the same thing with transfering used machine guns or legally acquiring a silencer for your gun. I guess they are considered luxuries the ordinary person does not need.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yea they do that all the time here. Its a don't ask don't tell thing. You bring in gins you have and they don't run numbers. While alot may be citizens I'll bet half is criminal. What better way to get rid of a murder weapon or one you stole? Look at the cities you listed. Mines new Orleans. They do it every year here.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Return 4 guns that a)Do not work
b)are not worth 200 USD
c) are stolen
e)are murder weapons
no questions asked
Collect 800 usd, buy a decent AK and lots of ammo.Win win all around

Oakland has a crime problem.They get the money to do a gun buy back but cannot get a good benefactor to
rehire the 200 cops they laid off (but the city did find 17million dollars to give to pro sports teams!!)

The economy is bad,crime is increasing -Hey I know! Lets sell our guns!!
I am willing to bet that the VAST majority of those gun owners are from lower socio-economic groups who are so wiped out financially that they really need the cash.

Cash for clunkers worked so well,this may just be the boost the US economy needs....

Never forget-the road to hell was paved with good intentions

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I wonder how many of those guns were stolen from people's houses just to get the money. Did they even bother checking that?

I wonder how many people got that $200 robbed off of them on their way home by a criminal who DIDN'T turn in their gun?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

Intruder walks through my front door he will leave in a bag.

Mine too. Period.

Dito, I had an incident once and I should have shot the guy!
edit on 23-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
awesome: )

my vision is for all weapons to be abolished on mother earth

thank you,

lets do this sort of thing worldwide!

thank you

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Wow, that is pretty scary.

How about this one? When you own a successful business and are the last to leave, someone in the parking lot is waiting in their car with engine shutdown and no lights. As soon as business owner gets in his car and starts leaving the parking lot the mysterious car turns on and follows you all the way to the bank night deposit only to cut you off somewhere along the line and rob you...if you are lucky you walk away uninjured and a story to tell. Well this happened to my father and he was unarmed, but he was smart enough to pull into a police station and beep his horn.

We have also been threatened with break-ins while living at a different place before my dad started any business. I know business owners who have had their entire weeks income taken away from them and their wife tied up on a chair.

New Jersey with its tough gun laws makes for prime criminal hunting grounds, much like new york ,illinois and california. Stupid liberals encourage crime with their gun phobias!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

Turn in a BB gun for 200.00..................maybe. Gave you a star ,like what you said, that and your avatar is the grim reaper.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh look, more good little sheeple turning belly up....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
awesome: )

my vision is for all weapons to be abolished on mother earth

thank you,

lets do this sort of thing worldwide!

thank you

ok, lets start with the Governments of the world disarming their respective militery forces. How about China or Iran go first.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well done USA A good start. Only forward. It's time to end the ease of killing.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They do this in the next town over (Springfield Ma) most of the guns being turned in are widows hubbies hunting rifles and ww2 relics. My bud is a cop there and he says hes never seen a gang banger turning in his Gat. He does say that some of the firearms being turned are big dollar hunting rifles that the people could get $1000+ if they went to a dealer. They destroy the guns, because he has tried to get some of the higher end ones and they were like no way. What a waste. They could turn around and sell the good stuff to the lawbiders and makes some serious profit for the city coffers.

Bill

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
First I thought, why do people sell their guns for only $200... Desperate or just, well, stupid.
But when I saw the picture it made a little bit sense, since I do not see any really expensive guns in the piles.
So perhaps people just take the chance to sell of some old ones and get some new.

Btw, good luck with those I.O.U.s...
Thats probably guns wasted since there most likely will be some kind of excuse to why those I.O.U.s will not be possible to pay back.

-Oh so you want to cash in your I.O.U. Hmm let me talk to someone here.
Nope, sorry, seems like that piece of paper is not valid anymore. Times changed and new regulations have been set.
Sorry, move along, nothing more to do here.

ETA. Hmm, when I look closer again, I do actually see some expensive pieces.
This thing is really strange.

edit on 23-12-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
LMAO, good luck cashing in that IOU

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join