It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
omg the O bama admin just found a new way to confiscate guns. Just tell them you will give them cash for them. I guess that works only for people who were that strapped for cash though, as 200 bucks don't buy much in the way of guns.

San Fran is pretty lib anyways, and likely not going to buck the govt as it installs the Nanny State.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Cash for Gun-kers?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
ETA. Hmm, when I look closer again, I do actually see some expensive pieces.
This thing is really strange.

I could make out several engraved side by side shotguns in several of the pics of the event I have seen on the internet.

Plus the semi auto shotguns, and the like. There is plenty of $1000+ guns in that pile.

They are just certifiable idiots.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Cash for Gun-kers?

Yes, exactly. I was thinking of the cash for clunkers but you made it rhyme.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptAmerika

I am a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment but if local governments wants to buy up old trash, go ahead.

Yah except they are using taxpayer dollars to do it. Soooo we are paying to be disarmed. Yikes!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Clearly twinkies make people fat.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Some cities have always had buybacks.. This started way before any massacre.
Mainly occur high crime cities.

It really isn't anything new.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

I personally really don't have a stake in this, to be perfectly honest, since I am Canadian.

That being said I believe and respect, America's Second Amendment right, of the people to keep and bear arms.

People said this was going to happen, and that the folks would do it willingly and in large numbers....

200 $ each....lines 2 miles long...I just don't know...Seems odd and out of place for Americans to be acting as such.

Good luck.

SS

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Bump. Thanks for the kind word... lemmings on rocket skates.
After all, it's the home of the 9th Appellate. So much for sanity...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
LOL, they are mostly old bolt action rifles,the buy back will give them enough cash to buy new assault rifles

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this happens all the time

what is the point of the thread ?

there are still 200 million guns in the US
it is still legal to own a gun
you are still more likely to use your weapon on someone you know rather than an intruder

nothing has changed

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If the government wants to get all the illegal guns off the street, all they have to do is legalize all drugs, then offer Crack or the drug of your choice to all the junkies as the buy back, and there you have it ,mission accomplished

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

what is the point of the thread

The point of my thread / news link, is to inform ATS of an event that took place in San Francisco and Oakland.
Nothing more, nothing less.

nothing has changed

Recent events and their timing have changed things, the dynamic of the conversation for the past few weeks is proof enough.

SS

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I bet there were some sweet guns in the buy back.. Wonder how many will go home with police personnel. There's no way that if a widow brought her husbands's $3000 Benelli in (not knowing what it was worth), that they would destroy that gun. Or maybe a vintage AK-47. Trust me, not all those guns went to the smelter.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im gonna say most were junk, and people are using the money to upgrade. Have any of you people seen the lines at the gun counter lately. Not an AR in sight! Gun show guys were making a killing this weekend! The line (were it formed straight) would probably go 40 miles. Never fear, Aussies and Brits, this is mainstream propaganda that nobody here is buying. Guns are flying off the shelf.

gun show was in town this weekend
edit on 23-12-2012 by TexasTruth because: clarifing the gun show

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Cash for Gun-kers?

Way Star OMG.
Oh Sonny, LMAO just had a mental image of one of my
oldest friends in the next county over. '65 Colt Sauer model
700, 11 spline bolt, the works. It cost him $375 new without
the scope (like as if) in 1968 bucks. .458 WinMag-- you can
about split an Indian bull elephant in half with it. Rhinoproblem ROFL.
200 bucks he might let you pick it up with the exam gloves on.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Did some more looking at pictures…
Other ones I spotted in the pile.
At least three mini 14 rifles.
A couple AR 10/15 rifles.
Some tactical shotguns.
A few SKS rifles. One that was really rusty, and a few that looked pretty good, with high end stocks.
A few dirty harry S&W long barrel revolves. Worth $600+
A model 1866 yellow boy lever action! If it is a reproduction, it’s probably worth 600 to a 1000. If it is original Winchester, it’s probably worth 5,000 to 10,000 dollars.
............edit.............

See what you can spot in this picture.

Can you spot the….

mini 14
SKS
Saiga/ak47
Win 1866

edit on 23-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I have to admit I have been against unregulated gun ownership for some time, we here in Australia had a similar buyback over 15 years ago and as I have stated before I feel fairly safe walking in the streets of my city knowing that it is highly unlikely I could be shot by a thug with a gun.
But I get an uneasy feeling over this, Regulating gun ownership is one thing, but handing over your guns for money in a country notorious for gun ownership shows that a nerve has been hit.
It is almost as people on ATS keep saying it is all part of the elites masterplan to disarm the last country in the world that can easily buy and own guns. It is all looking too convenient and quite transparent that this terrible shooting may have been a set up from the start.
It could well be that the sh*t is about to hit the fan.

Let me ask you.. since that time of the ( I believe it was a mandatory buy back in Australia unless I'm mistaken) Has the number of crimes bu criminals using guns dropped any.. at all or has it risen? How about the victims. Are there more victims of crimes with guns now? - that's whats happening in the UK where guns are banned. I'd expect it to happen in Australia also.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
reply to post by syrinx high priest

what is the point of the thread

The point of my thread / news link, is to inform ATS of an event that took place in San Francisco and Oakland.
Nothing more, nothing less.

nothing has changed

Recent events and their timing have changed things, the dynamic of the conversation for the past few weeks is proof enough.

SS

it was voluntary right ?

it happens all the time, right ?

nothing has changed

except the sheep still see conspiracy in everything

baaaa

baaaa

don't be a part of the propaganda machine

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think theres a scam going on here....
Those guns in that huge pile dont seem to include any assault rifles, and by the looks of it theres a lot of guns that wouldnt bring 100 bucks on the street either....
id like to see how many of those relics even work!
Theres probably a lot of laughing citizens out there 600$ richer.....for three junk 50 $ guns...!!!

stirling, you read my mind. Far too many wooden stocks in those piles. Maybe the odd Romanian AK, as back in the day you could get 10 for $1000.
edit on 23-12-2012 by J.B. Aloha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Too funny.

I don't see ANYONE cashing in pristine weapons, for a few hundred bucks, unless they are stolen, cant fire, or are involved with a murder. I would also think that if someone is selling their guns for such a small amount of cash, they probobly have more then just one......

Too cool!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join