It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oakland & San Francisco giving up their guns has ALOT to do with a specific crime that is still under investigation that happened over a week ago to 2 people who were pretty well known in the area. This happened because some people who were in a credit card fraud ring thought this girls boyfriend was a 'snitch' and this is what happens to 'snitches' ... I think this is the reason ALOT of people were doing this specifically in the bay area and oakland

Before they were beaten, bound, gagged and left to die on a Visitacion Valley street Sunday night, a 26-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman had been viciously attacked and shot inside a San Bruno Avenue home, according to a police report released Wednesday..

Full Story Here

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There's an old saying, "You can't fix stupid". Looks like that applies in Oakland and San Francisco. Good luck when the wolves come. You sheep are going to be slaughtered...like anyone unarmed will be. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wait...so there was a line 2 miles long, thousands of people with one or more guns all in the same place...and no one got shot?

Somewhere...a liberal's head is exploding

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Oakland & San Francisco giving up their guns has ALOT to do with a specific crime that is still under investigation that happened over a week ago to 2 people who were pretty well known in the area. This happened because some people who were in a credit card fraud ring thought this girls boyfriend was a 'snitch' and this is what happens to 'snitches' ... I think this is the reason ALOT of people were doing this specifically in the bay area and oakland

Before they were beaten, bound, gagged and left to die on a Visitacion Valley street Sunday night, a 26-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman had been viciously attacked and shot inside a San Bruno Avenue home, according to a police report released Wednesday..

Full Story Here

You think ONE of those guns bought, was party to the crime?

Another crime unsolved, if so......

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo

Full Story Here

???? Uh……. How in the heck would an event like that make me want to sell my guns, legal guns or not!!!!!!!! Just the opposite! After hearing about an event like that, I don’t care if the gun is only worth 20 dollars! As long as it will shoot, I am going to keep it, and the ammo, within arms reach at all times! Selling my gun for 200 dollars would be the farthest from my mind. I don’t care about the profit, I want the gun!

edit on 23-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Damn I have 2 cheap .22lr guns that I paid less than $50 each, I could have walked away with $400 to buy me a ne AR-15 damn it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am going out to buy more guns this week.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Not only is this probably all legal gun owners (and you can bet they don't even ask), but legal guns tend to cost more than $200, so either people are losing money, while surrendering their rights, or we really do have illegal guns turned in, and crooks paid for them at taxpayer expense.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can't help but think that people are giving up their arms so they are easier to subdue and control when martial law takes full effect in America.

The people in power have probably seen the signs that Americans are getting impatient with their leaders lies and want some justice in their lives (which are being torn to pieces).

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
Damn I have 2 cheap .22lr guns that I paid less than $50 each, I could have walked away with $400 to buy me a ne AR-15 damn it.

Please do tell where you are going to get an AR15 for $400
Enquiring minds want to know.

You could get a lower, for that, but that is about as far as you will go for an AR15

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I wonder how many of those guns were stolen from people's houses just to get the money. Did they even bother checking that?

Wasn't there a comment about them knowing some of these guns were stolen? How many arrests did they make? Howe many stolen guns will be returned to their owners? You can bet, in both cases, the answer is zero.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Let me ask you.. since that time of the ( I believe it was a mandatory buy back in Australia unless I'm mistaken) Has the number of crimes bu criminals using guns dropped any.. at all or has it risen? How about the victims. Are there more victims of crimes with guns now? - that's whats happening in the UK where guns are banned. I'd expect it to happen in Australia also.

The Oz gun buyback only applied to weapons capable of rapid fire IE auto & semi-auto rifles, pump action shotguns etc. leaving quite a lot of weapons (eg. single shot, bolt-action) legal to possess but subject far more stringent storage requirements. We still have gun related crime committed with the legal weapons (in many cases stolen from legitimate owners) which is generating calls for even tougher laws. I don't have any stats but the gun crime rate here seems to be lower (not that it was ever epidemic) and we certainly have not seen any more senseless massacres on the scale of Hoddle St or Port Arthur which were made possible by the easy availability of semi-auto rifles. Anything 'concealable' which is determined by barrel length under something like 9" has always been heavily restricted here.

Firearms are still available and legal to own here if you have a legitimate reason like being a registered member of a sporting shooting club, a collector, farmer, professional shooter etc. and the nearest retail gun store is within walking distance of my home but mention 'home defense' here as a reason for acquiring a firearm and you'll be blacklisted forever.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Could bring in an old worthless gun and get two hundred bucks? I'd put the 200 bucks on a new gun. Must be some kind of stimulus package I guess like cash for clunkers was.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Dang, wish i had a few grand extra,
could swing by and wait before the line and
get some good deals on some guns..

Actually, probably not...

From the looks of the displayed "buy-backs" it was mostly $50-$100 "saturday night specials" and single shot long guns...

The joke is on them. Gun owners are cashing in all of their cheaper less reliable relics and using the money to get a few REAL guns...

Would you pay $200 for a worn out NEF 12 ga? Or a broken Hi-Point?...LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't see how its any different than selling your gun for cash to a pawn shop or friend or at the gun show etc. Hey its apparent people need cash and if they need the money right now why not? Most people know that guns are a good investment. That's why there are gun collectors who buy, sell and trade for a hobby...kind of like collecting coins..silver and gold have value as well. Two hundred bucks for a rifle is not much. I would have to be pretty hard up to sell for that price.
edit on 23-12-2012 by queenofsheba because: add

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I promise you the people who sold there guns back arent the ones who would have been committing crimes with them ...Why are people so silly that they think villians who use guns are just gonna hand them over its a sweet sweet dream , like the Jesus or the Easter Bunny ...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Ok, just wow! I know you didn't adress this to me but seriously are you the young British Soldier in the photo? If so I am worried on a serious level about thier combat training if that is the case.

Now, I have worked and trained with the gent's from the Regement on an exchange program. I am a retired US Special Forces Officer and I know them to be very well trained I really don't know alot about the rank and file solider.

Originally posted by HijinxDo you have any combat training?

Yes, I am a CQB and shoot house certified – yet I had to take the 8 hour point and shoot paper target class to get my CCW license in the State. I found that ironic.

Originally posted by HijinxDo you understand how easy it is to disarm someone?

It’s not very easy actually and even my trained operators can’t do it right every time when confronted with a variable/unknown scenario by someone who actively fights back. It looks neat as a demonstration when shown to on an opponent who is simply there for looks but it’s not really all that foolproof.

Originally posted by HijinxEver been shot?

Yes, right in the ceramic back plate by 7.62x39. Knocked me right off my feet and I was way out of commission for several seconds fumbling around and disoriented. In a word – completely combat ineffective.

Originally posted by HijinxWhich do you prefer I'd take a bullet over a stab wound any day, and to be honest in your own home a criminal is at a serious disadvantage. You are better off using something other than a gun, in a high stress situation where you could send a round through a wall and injure your family.

That is why they make and sell rounds for working inside a building in close proximity to other blue forces to prevent those pesky friendly fire through the wall incidents. MAG SAFE rounds fit that purpose well. It is what I have in my 1911 for use in the home. I have different rounds I carry on a regular basis outside the home and when I get home I change magazines to the flangable rounds. It’s an easy routine to get into.

Originally posted by Hijinx
In a CQC situation you want to neutralize your target as quickly as possible, and I don't know about you but people aren't necessarily easy to kill. You shoot the gun toting criminal and unless you've hit his hand, heart or head he is still 100% capable to empty his gun into you and your home. At which point you will likely do the same. Houses aren't meant to stop bullets, if you have children in your home think about that.

Special operations forces and SWAT teams have been using MAG SAFE and other rounds of that type for years to prevent this from happening. They are expensive (about $2.50 a round) but what is your family’s (or team’s) safety worth.

Originally posted by HijinxDo you have High stress shooting skills? Have you ever been shot at and had to return accurate fire? I'm willing to be my life the vast majority of American gun owners do not possess the necessary skills to accurately discharge their weapons in the dark under the stress that would come with an armed intruder. Standing in the dark and swinging a bat, a firing a taser at center of mass will put the most would be criminal on his ass guaranteed.

You presume a lot there – in America the intruder is likely armed as well and you are not going to get close enough to engage in melee.

Originally posted by HijinxI'm plenty happy to put my face on a poster professing I would not use my firearms on an intruder. It's too risky for the other occupants of my home.

You are free to do as you wish – I will just buy the rounds intended to mitigate that chance and use firearms at range rather than risk a melee confrontation.

edit on 23/12/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
There's an old saying, "You can't fix stupid". Looks like that applies in Oakland and San Francisco.

All I can say here is that these are the same people who put Nancy Pelosi in the US House of Representatives for like 22+ years... I am not surprised.
edit on 23/12/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So........

1. A drug grower paying for guns, overseen by local law enforcement. A PR "win" for sure. Only in California.

2. By 922r, I did not see any 'assault rifles' in that pile. Of course I may have missed some. So much for 'we do not want Uncle Joe's squirrel rifle, just deadly people killers'.

3. The FBI estimates there are over 200,000,000 firearms in the US. If we were to extrapolate this program it would cost a mere 20,000,000,000 (is my math right?) to 'clean up' the US.

4. Of course this does not count the cost of running the program or destroying the weapons. I'm sure we can find some contractors to bid on it for a humane price.

5. Some one said it but I would definitely scope the line for 'bargains'. That one heavy barreled number with the beautiful wood in the middle pile...I would offer a whopping $300. Think about it my friend.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Perfect time to buy some cheap hi point pos polymer jobs for 100 bucks and turn em in for a quick 100 profit
but seriously it'll be interesting to watch if the armed robberies figures rise in the coming months. Stupidest thing you could do imo but hey some people aren't too bright and need some cash apparantly.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
I guess those tree huggers will soon find out that throwing a box of granola at a home invasion robber won't save them.
I will be watching the crime stats in that area.

Like the gun crime stats for Australia DECLINED? Yeah, the NRA and right wing blogs like to tell you otherwise, but the Aus crime statistics PROVE that gun crime in Aus has declined since the ban.

Uncomfortable for the pro-gun folks, but factually correct.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join