It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"San Francisco And Oakland Crowds Hand Over Guns In Buyback"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My first take on this was rather muted due to the fact that if you were a gun collector, you probably had a few guns that where not worth $200, and you would make out quite handsomely. However, some that did this, certainly reacted out of respect for our recent events, and wanted to clear their slate, which is a respectable offering none the less.

The more important aspect here would be, how many of these guns were "assault quality", and those should be the one's that will really make a difference. I believe that the public should be able to own a simple manual gun, if they choose to. But the assault class weapons have no more of a reasonable presence in the public inventory than bombs.

It will be interesting to see how many assault weapons wind up in this Buyback, as we all know the price tags for this class of weaponry start in the thousands, and go up by popularity, fire rate and manufacturer based reliability.

IMHO, the proper way to pull off this Buyback is for those class of weapons, and of course, a higher remuneration for what it cost those owners to acquire them in the first place..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This my friends is the scary part.

"There’s only one problem with this scenario: in all likelihood, it’s the law-abiding citizens returning guns. The criminals are not about to surrender theirs."

So anyone not surrendering them willing, or for $200 is a criminal? WTF

edit to add.

Anyone wanting to keep their firearms and their 2nd amendment rights is being labelled a criminal, along with the obvious criminals that wouldn't turn them in.
edit on 23-12-2012 by jacknast76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

How many criminals showed up ? Did Eric Holder get his back he sent to the Mexican drug gangs ?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The bad part is the MSM pushing this. The funny part is everyone in line has 3-4 guns anyway and a back up to get another 3 or 4 when they need them. This is EAZY money. Standing in line for $200?? Been doing this for a while.

MSM pushing this as some solution is the real situation. Just like making up "Fiscal Cliff" that all of a sudden is the talking point in the News. Everyone is using it. :Gun Control"...now everyone is using it.

SHEEPLE!!!! The Government and there use of the MSM are Border Collies.
edit on 23-12-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Trust me, most of the people in line had back up. Most of them just needed some cash.

Welfare Food Stamps No disrespect.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think the gun buyback people got taken.
When the story about a few gun stores bring in 100s of guns i bet the buyback people were buying unusable junk guns worth at the most $50 dollars and getting $200 dollars each
That was probably after the junk guns had parts removed to fix better guns.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I love the gun buyback programs. Take an old, #ty handgun. Turn it in and get $200 then use it to buy a new Glock for another couple hundred bucks.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I wonder how many were reported stolen and will still be destroyed? The owner never the wiser? This sucks, what a dastardly plot. This will cause more home break in's and murder. Lesson here, do not let anyone know what you have.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Killen threads with truth.

Pages of crap about how good this is. Where are the posters in this thread who thought this was good thing "getten the bad guns off the street" especially looking at SF and OAK. LOL!!!! Love the whole hearted luv lust for some Gun Buy Back.

Oakland has more guns than you can count. Even a 2 mile line doesnt put a dent in how many are out there.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe the BATF needed to disappear some hardware,after the recent mess.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I am fine with deals like this. People have the right to do what they want with their belongings.
I have a problem with people telling me what to do with MY belongings.

As a side note:

I DO NOT see any evil assault weapons on the tables. Just shotguns and bolt action rifles. None of them look black or "evil".

Besides isn't it very unsafe having all those guns laying there in the open on the tables?!?! What if one just jumps up and starts shooting people?!!?

Oh wait......It takes a PERSON to operate it for that to happen.....never mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

might but then might go to Fast and Furious, or just go south any way , see if you can see one AR or AK in the pix, most look like the pawn shops would not want them, so 200 for junk is a good deal

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It is interesting to me that there are only 3 kinds of people who would do this and all of them are law abiding citizens...unless someone wants to try to convince me that criminals also showed up for $200 for what would probably be stolen or illegally obtained weapons.

I have zero respect for this and those who would do it. If you don't want your firearm, sell for a real price to a legal, reputable gun dealer who will put any potential buyers through the legal processes for obtaining a firearm.

It also seems to me the City should have had another line where these wonderful citizens could get their free RFID Chip Implant because these are exactly the kinds of people who would accept one...disgusting.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Like the gun crime stats for Australia DECLINED? Yeah, the NRA and right wing blogs like to tell you otherwise, but the Aus crime statistics PROVE that gun crime in Aus has declined since the ban.

Uncomfortable for the pro-gun folks, but factually correct.

Reduction in crime is great...well until the crime is committed towards YOU and YOU have no means to resist... and so you are robbed and murdered, but that is ok since the overall score is lower for the collective....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Just jumping in here. This is probably a good thing because people are making money on old no good guns. Plus this is a way to get the wimps out of the way. You'd probably have to shoot them for cowardess anyway later in a fight. They lose their guns and the criminals take em out. Their gone. We need to trim this down to the ones who are gonna make a difference. Gun buy back gets rid of the cowards and wimps. let the NWO take care of them.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When they add another zero to the end of 200 I'll gladly turn in most of my guns too...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I take it you have never been to a buy back. It works like this: bring in your weapon, get cash!

No questions asked, no id, no where did it come from,or do you own it. Most are stolen, used to commit crime, or have been used in a shooting, this is not to be asked!!! The only thing that is, is to get the weapon off the street, out of someone's hand, and then put out to sea or be burned up.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
During the Australian Gun ''Buy Back '' the Government could not find money for schools or hospitals but Amazingly !!!!!!!!!!! could find millions of dollars to buy guns and destroy them ,when a few simple changes to the Laws,registration etc , could have saved all this money, and if put into Health etc would have saved more lives ,evidently squashing inanimate objects was more important than putting money into hospitals ,mental health etc,obvious to anyone with a working brain that the elimination of the private ownership of firearms is in the interest of Agenda 21 ,the New World Order and the population reduction of the planets population,also in the interests of Earths Sustainable human numbers ,500 Million so we are told, how it will be reduced ? we still have not been told

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I might.....if I could still go buy better ones.
Well, if they didn't check ID or anything, too. Still too many issues with these things for me!

Let's sum them up:

1. They don't run the guns t see which are legally owned, and which are stolen.
2. They don't check ID, so they have no idea who is turning in guns.
3. Guns used in crimes could be destroyed by the police, causing those crimes to be virtually unsolvable.
4. Legal owners are conned into giving up their protection.
5. Someone is paying for this, and we have no way to know what really happens to the guns they collect.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

If only the case do some background research , bet you find gun theft jumps a day or 2 before the buy back, from law abiding citizen's.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join