It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Let's take a look at the five worst mass shootings in history.

Of the 5 worst massacres, two were carried out by Asians and one by an African constable. Only two were carried out by white men. The next man on the list was Latino. None were carried out by Americans. Of the worst shooting massacres in the United States in the last ten years, besides conventional lunatics like James Holmes, the Batman killer, and Adam Lanza, we have Jiverly Wong, a Vietnamese Chinese immigrant who killed 10 people at an immigration center, and Nidal Hasan, an Islamic terrorist who carried out the Fort Hood Massacre, who killed 13 people. The deadliest shootings have occurred in Japan, in Colombia, in the Belgian Congo, in South Korea, Norway and in Australia, along with the United States.

frontpagemag.com...

#5: Campo Elí­as Delgado

#4: Seung-Hui Cho,

#3: Martin Bryant,

#2: Woo Bum-Kon,

#1: Anders Behring Breivik,

top5ofanything.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Sat Dec 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, as an Australian, our gun laws changed after Martin Bryant and we have had nothing like it since. Sure, you have gang warfare but those people will always find a way to get guns.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The problem that is facing America is that these shooting sprees seem to happen every month, and that's not normal.
edit on 12/22/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
Well, as an Australian, our gun laws changed after Martin Bryant and we have had nothing like it since. Sure, you have gang warfare but those people will always find a way to get guns.

Couldn't have said it better myself mate.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Maybe you missed this part.

The worst shooting rampage was carried out by Anders Breivik in a country with some of the toughest gun control laws in the world.
If they want guns, they will get them. Hell, you can make a zip gun from two pieces of pipe and a sharpened bolt. Use that to ambush a cop and take his weapons. You can get weapons if you want them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well I suppose there aren't that many Americans left living in America anymore, not since the Europeans took over.
Also since when did you have to be white to be an American?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

None of that explains why Australia hasn't seen anything close to a massacre since our gun ban. I walk outside with the knowledge that I do not have to fear having my head blown off by some nutcase who walked into a shop and bought a machine gun.

The American gun advocacy argument is delusional at best.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

The European and Australian argument of "only our overloards have guns" is what is delusional IMO.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Come to think about it, we havent had any school shootings in the UK since they banned handguns after Thomas Hamilton shot aload of kids in 1996.

We have had a couple of guys go looney with shotguns etc.. but not killing more than a couple of people.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Nope, didn't miss that part, but as I'm not from that country and have no idea how their gun laws effect their ability to get guns, I'm not in a position to comment. That's why I commented on the Australian example.

Was number 3 on your list not an American citizen? The shooting was carried out in the US.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

The European and Australian argument of "only our overloards have guns" is what is delusional IMO.

I find it completely delusional that the American people think their peashooters are going to protect them against their governments bombs, missiles, tanks, jets and chemicals.

And if you knew a damn thing about our gun laws you would know that one can still own a gun if they pass strict checks and keep it in a gun safe. Pity Americans skip over that part because it doesn't suit their argument.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Thank you for pointing out one key argument that many of us are trying to get people to understand -- that gangs, thugs, cartels, etc., will always find methods to still obtaining weapons. Further to the point is that once guns are outlawed their value rises immensely hence these groups become even wealthier and more powerful.

Look at the drug cartels in Mexico. How many people have they killed protecting their illegal product and profits? Lastly, many of the drugs come from Mexico into the US and many of the guns come from the US into Mexico. Perhaps the government should work on protecting our borders better before stripping law-abiding citizens' rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
All we can tell is that nutters+access to weaponry = bad idea, so the question is how do you stop a nutter before they go postal?

Given most of the recent nutters have been late teens/early twenties perhaps some sort of profiling of them at school to find the people who could be at risk of going nuttier than squirrel poop and sorting them out before they decide to go nuts as its a cheaper/safer idea than just chucking a few million more guns into the educational system while perhaps tightening the security a bit at schools to catch those who will slip through the net

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Was number 3 on your list not an American citizen? The shooting was carried out in the US.
I think you mean #4. No he wasn't a citizen.

Born in South Korea, Cho arrived in the United States at the age of 8 with his family. He became a US permanent resident as a South Korean national.

edit on 22-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

But it was still carried out in the US using guns sourced from the US and therefore does not belong on your "list".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

None of that explains why Australia hasn't seen anything close to a massacre since our gun ban. I walk outside with the knowledge that I do not have to fear having my head blown off by some nutcase who walked into a shop and bought a machine gun.

Unlike in England where they had a mass shooting 13 years after banning handguns.

In 2005 the head of the New South Wales Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Don Weatherburn,[40] noted that the level of legal gun ownership in New South Wales increased in recent years, and that the 1996 legislation had had little to no effect on violence. . .

Weatherburn responded, "The fact is that the introduction of those laws did not result in any acceleration of the downward trend in gun homicide. They may have reduced the risk of mass shootings but we cannot be sure because no one has done the rigorous statistical work required to verify this possibility. It is always unpleasant to acknowledge facts that are inconsistent with your own point of view. But I thought that was what distinguished science from popular prejudice."

A 2008 study on the effects of the firearm buybacks by Wang-Sheng Lee and Sandy Suardi of Melbourne University's Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research studied the data and concluded, "Despite the fact that several researchers using the same data have examined the impact of the NFA on firearm deaths, a consensus does not appear to have been reached. In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates."[49]

Wiki

Basically it may have stopped the incidence of mass shootings, however, it had no affect on homicide or gun trends as a whole. It simply spread the problem out to more isolated incidents. In other words, it had no net affect on a downward trend that was already in place prior to the buyback and new restrictions.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Re-read the title again. It fits nicely. He was not an American.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

But it was still carried out in the US using guns sourced from the US and therefore does not belong on your "list".
Nope. My point is that he was not an American. He was a South Korean. Now if you want to prevent shootings by rounding up all of the non-citizens here and sending them home, I would have little opposition to that.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by Kryties

Re-read the title again. It fits nicely. He was not an American.

Wow, you've reached a whole new level of delusional that I didn't realise was possible.

He performed the crime in America, against Americans using weapons sourced from America. His country of origin makes NO difference in this case.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Actually one had a toll of 12 dead and 11 injured I believe.

Cumbria Killings

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join