It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put This To Bed. The Five Worst Shootings Ever Were Not Done By Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by HandyDandy

How many tyrants have Americans overthrown again? I mean in America, not elsewhere?

Oh that's right....none.

Put up or shut up.

Has there been a reason yet?

How many violent crimes were stopped by law abiding citizens in the USA by the simple fact the victim had a gun?

You put up or shut up......

Patriot Act anyone?

The delusion runs strong in this one

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Originally posted by DarthMuerte

#5: Campo Elí­as Delgado, aged 52, killed at scene, Bogota, Colombia, 4 Dec 1986, 30 killed, 15 wounded.

In Colombia, carrying a firearm or concealed firearm in plain view in a public place is allowed, subject to a valid permit
This countries Gun Laws

#4: Seung-Hui Cho, aged 23, suicide at scene, Blacksburg, Virginia USA, 16 Apr 2007, 32 killed, 25 wounded.
This countries Gun Laws

#3: Martin Bryant, aged 29, captured, Port Arthur, Australia, 28 Apr 1996, 35 killed, 21 wounded

The Port Arthur perpetrator said he bought his firearms from a gun dealer without holding the required firearms licence. Prime Minister John Howard, then newly elected, immediately took the gun law proposals developed from the report of the 1988 National Committee on Violence and forced the states to adopt them under a National Firearms Agreement. This was necessary because the Australian Constitution does not give the Commonwealth power to enact gun laws. The proposals included a ban on all semi-automatic rifles and all semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns, and a tightly restrictive system of licensing and ownership controls.
Source + This countries Gun Laws

#2: Woo Bum-Kon, aged 27, suicide at scene, Sang-Namdo, South Korea, 26 Apr 1982, 57 killed, 35 wounded.
This countries Gun Laws He was also a Police-officer who had access to weapons.

#1: Anders Behring Breivik, aged 32, captured Utøya Island, Norway, 22 Jul 2011, 77 killed, 151 wounded.
This countries Gun Laws

Do we all see the pattern here?

Its a combo deal - add 1 part freely available guns to 1 part human nutter and waalaa.......

You have historic massacre.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

During the uprising the capital city of Cairo was described as "a war zone"[25] and the port city of Suez saw frequent violent clashes

Peaceful indeed......

Who's delusional now?

Yeah people riding around on camels and horses with sticks and violent clashes, no where does it say guns.

Your still the delusional one

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yes, gangs and criminals will always find a way to get guns, either by money or coercion. The majority of the time they only use these weapons against other gangs or criminals. You have the occasional innocent victim caught in the crossfire, but as kyrties pointed out, the general public here has no fear of some mentally ill person going on a killing spree.

Even with our laws, responsible citizens still have access to guns, so you still get crimes of passion and other homicides. All in all though, I think most Aussies feel safe.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
But in the question of making arms legal, isn't the risks associated more about kids killing and getting killed, with guns they find in the home?

Sure, a delusional paranoid that wants to carefully snipe out 30 people one day is going to plan it out and get the guns to do it, no matter what the laws in the country.

But there is the 7 year old that brings a gun he found at home to school and shoots a classmate, or the 3 year old that accidently shoots her brother, the teen in the midst of a crisis who finds an assault weapon as he's packing his bags to run away from home... and gets a more dramatic idea in head instead...
Or that bi polar or ADD teen who grabs one in the home spontaneously when they got their X box taken away, and shoots mom.

I would think these are more the risk with weapons in the home? It seems like we hear of more of those in the US than other countries, but I am not sure about that (never really looked into the stats.).

What I think is essential, at moments like this, is that the governing powers and the people make some sort of comprehensive statement, which express the collective morals about using firearms.

That is what is important to the next generation of americans and the evolution of the country- and they are watching and listening! If you are crying on the rooftops that guns are good, guns are necessary, and shooting people (who you judge deserve it) is right- well that is what they will hear as what is acceptable in this country.
(Just hope their judgement of who deserves it is always the same as yours- cross your fingers!)

Even if people retain the right ot bear arms, I think it might be important for the adults to be speaking up loudly and saying "It is NOT okay to be using them to shoot people!"

What about deciding on just tighter controls? Not only to buy arms, but in keeping them, using them....
Where I am we have to renaw licenses for our guns every year, and are obligated to keep them locked in a metal cabint that meets specific standards. It is checked each year. We are also obligated to be a member of a gun club, and for some guns, there is a minimum of hours shooting you have to rack up each year with that gun, to make sure you know how to use it properly, and that it is kept in good condition. There's a bunch more. It sounds strict, but it seems to make sense- I mean every right and power you have also comes with just as much responsibility...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

So you are telling me that if the president of Egypt had not stepped down then these protests would have continued to be peaceful even though I can show evidence of people with guns and homemade gas bombs?

Cairo, Egypt (CNN) -- Heavy gunfire reverberated in central Cairo before dawn Thursday as supporters and foes of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak continued to face off at Tahrir Square, where chunks of concretes and Molotov cocktails were employed as weapons in the escalating crisis.

CNN personnel saw wounded people being carried into Tahrir Square, largely held by anti-regime demonstrators, through an entrance that leads to the nearby Egyptian Museum. Several ambulances entered and left the square shortly before 4 a.m. Thursday.

The source of the gunfire was not immediately known.

But, but, but, it was peaceful right......

blog.libero.it...

And don't tell me it wasn't with the threat of violence with their peeshooters that these protestors got their way......

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Some people just want to watch the world burn, and some of them seem to have gravitated toward this thread unfortunately.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Let's take a look at the five worst mass shootings in history. Of the 5 worst massacres, two were carried out by Asians and one by an African constable. ....

The spirits of a million+ Iraqis might disagree with you. Of course, then there's that small matter of hundreds -- perhaps thousands, of men, women and children mass murdered by missile drones.

The two worst mass murders are here:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Altho not perpetrated by one American....what about the massacres at My Lai Vietnam (approx 500) or No Gun Ri Korea (163 dead)?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And some of us want to sing Kumb By Ya while the world burns around us.

I have been assaulted twice in my life by non-gun totting vagrants. Had I owned a gun and carried it at the time I would have not been. You do the math......

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It appeaers that one can make the case for "Gun Control" in the military also (I really mean control of those using the guns not control of the guns per se).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Theres just no arguing with stupid is there.

Sure, the Egyptian revolution succeeded because every one had guns and went round shooting up the place

It was international pressure not the threat of violence that succeeded.

Wake up to yourself, once again even hardcore gun nuts know it was a peaceful revolution.

The firing was primarily gov troops not protesters
edit on 22/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

And some of us want to sing Kumb By Ya while the world burns around us.

Now you are being hypocritical. You asked before what reason would there be to overthrow your government with your guns, as if you could see no reason - and yet you admit that the world is burning around you?

I have been assaulted twice in my life by non-gun totting vagrants. Had I owned a gun and carried it at the time I would have not been. You do the math......

At least I now know you're the type to shoot unarmed men. That explains a lot actually....

EDIT: And for crying out loud if you are going to keep reusing a line, at least get it right. It's spelt "KUMBAYA" not "Kumb By Ya"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

With the logic shown in this thread we should ban guns in the military then.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

With the logic shown in this thread we should ban guns in the military then.

LOL. I don't suppose you want to quote where logic has been misused would you? Because I am seeing it as quite the reverse actually.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

At least I now know you're the type to shoot unarmed men. That explains a lot actually....

Any man who attacks me deserves no less.

EDIT: And for crying out loud if you are going to keep reusing a line, at least get it right. It's spelt "KUMBAYA" not "Kumb By Ya"

The sign of a dying argument......

Actually I only misspelled it by introducing a b in kum....

It is spelled multiple different ways.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Any man who attacks me deserves no less.

And therein lies the reason America needs gun control. Thankyou for so perfectly proving our point.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you want to bend over and take it go right ahead. I did that twice already. It didn't work out so well.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So you shoot unarmed people instead?

You are starting to sound like a nutcase mate. One of those nutcases this thread is about.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join