It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday re-scheduled? Archaeological record suggests Mayan Armageddon is Sunday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You mean the 23rd don't you, because that date has been put forth quite a bit for a while. I still see only LOVE, and people waking up and working to ensure fascism goes away all over the world. In other words, we have work to do.

Not into any kind of doom.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hello All,

Tell you what, in about 25,000,000 years from now we'll all cross the dreaded galactic plane anew and we can all get together and have all this fun again! See you then.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

There are:
www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Everything will work out. Enjoy your holidays

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This 23rd date has been around for a while. I should know since its my birthday!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
12/21/12 could easily have become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Strait-away, any evil-doers would drool over the opportunity to pull a stunt on this date, thereby elevating their own status due to the instant media attention they'd receive.

I'm glad it's basically over. When society defers their actions and thoughts because of super-natural OCD, it's never a good thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I love the irony in this world; that so many are excited to live through the end of times. Looking forward to it, and hoping for it, rather. Should that not be a sure indicator that much is wrong in the world and we need to change our ways?

But Nooooo....

HURRY! PUT YOUR BLINDFOLDS AND EARMUFFS ON! WE WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!

It's so messed up, it's almost comedic!!!! har.har.har.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"End-of-world prophecies for 2012 are hoaxes perpetrated by the scientifically illiterate on the scientifically under-informed." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

This is not new. In fact, it was the first date I ever heard about this thing, back in the 1990s.
December 23rd.

And no, I still don't believe it.
I am only saying it's not "rescheduled". This was the original "schedule" I heard about.

Someone mentioned the "thief in the night" parable. Very true. But of course, that has now flown out of the window.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hell look what I just read as I sit here and watch the remains of Ivan rolling in.

Pics! 3 Days Of Darkness Approaching? What’s Now Happening To Our Sun?
Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:53

It's Before its News so be prepared:

Text210 3 By Live Free or Die (Reporter) Contributor profile | More stories Story Views Now: 26 Last Hour: 482 Last 24 Hours: 16,426 Total: 28,562 Pics! 3 Days Of Darkness Approaching? What’s Now Happening To Our Sun? Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:53 Share inShare 0 (Before It's News) What is going on with the sun? This extremely interesting forum thread has pointed out something amazing that is now happening to our sun that no one can seem to explain. It seems to be going dark! Have no fear, whatever it is that is now happening to our sun can also be investigated by you, right now, here, from NASA’s own Stereo Behind HI1. To search out these images yourself to verify that these indeed are legit NASA images and not photo shopped, simply go to the NASA Stereo website located at stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... select telescope Behind HI1, select the date span December 17th, 2012 to December 20th, 2012, screen resolution 512X512 and then hit the search button, you’ll find the exact same images below. You can go further back, too, to verify this approaching ‘darkness’ is new.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

It's Before it's News so why bother? What is it we are supposed to be worried about?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Hell look what I just read as I sit here and watch the remains of Ivan rolling in.

Pics! 3 Days Of Darkness Approaching? What’s Now Happening To Our Sun?
Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:53

It's Before its News so be prepared:

Text210 3 By Live Free or Die (Reporter) Contributor profile | More stories Story Views Now: 26 Last Hour: 482 Last 24 Hours: 16,426 Total: 28,562 Pics! 3 Days Of Darkness Approaching? What’s Now Happening To Our Sun? Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:53 Share inShare 0 (Before It's News) What is going on with the sun? This extremely interesting forum thread has pointed out something amazing that is now happening to our sun that no one can seem to explain. It seems to be going dark! Have no fear, whatever it is that is now happening to our sun can also be investigated by you, right now, here, from NASA’s own Stereo Behind HI1. To search out these images yourself to verify that these indeed are legit NASA images and not photo shopped, simply go to the NASA Stereo website located at stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... select telescope Behind HI1, select the date span December 17th, 2012 to December 20th, 2012, screen resolution 512X512 and then hit the search button, you’ll find the exact same images below. You can go further back, too, to verify this approaching ‘darkness’ is new.

This has got to be stretching it a long way - though that black cloud coming over really puts the willies up ya!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, if you're not worried Phage, I'm not - maybe I should be more worried about the approaching storm - batten down the hatches eh lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It's not Sunday ,It;s Monday the 24th Last year
see

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If I weren't a lazy one, I would look up how long it takes the Sun to rotate around and see if all what is going on, on the opposite side of the Sun will be Earthside by Sunday. Would be interesting.

The Earthside of the sun remains quiet, but the farside is growing restless. During the late hours of Dec. 20th and continuing through Dec. 21st, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) has recorded a series of CMEs flying over the solar limb:

The source of the clouds appears to be multiple blast sites on the farside of the sun. This means Earth is not in the line of fire. The increasing pace of farside activity, however, suggests that the Earthside might not be far behind. Stay tuned for changes.

Source: www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I dont think that you can match the gregorian calendar to the mayan....
It doesn't make any sense..

Last i checked the Mayan calendar was based on our movements through the solar system(and really the sky as a whole), correct? (solstice, equinox, precession, etc).

I mean. Thats what they are all doing at their temples. And certain architecture have solar alignments with the winter solstice aswell as the summer. I bet there was a bunch of people at stonehenge too.
Oh wait..

The end of the Mayan calendar drew larger crowds to Stonehenge today to mark the winter solstice.

Last year more than 1,000 witnessed the sunrise on the shortest day of the year at Salisbury Plain.

But five times that number turned up at the stones with some predicting the world was set to end.

The solstice - when the Earth's axial tilt is farthest away from the sun - is at 11.11GMT.

21/12/12 also marks the end of the the 5,125-year "long count" cycle of the Mayan calendar.

Link

There are some good photos there too, check it out.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage, I might start liking you,
that is what I thought, when I mentioned waking up on Sunday.....

And, this is why the way he is. Mr. Know-it-all who brings nothing to the table.

I forgot...who has a PH.D? Not him.

On a serious note, nothing will happen on Sunday either...expect more shootings most likely.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I just read an interesting thread that suggested that "calendar" is just a big board game

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

False.
the mayans never accounted for leap years, their calendar shoulda ended 7 years ago

There is nothing "fake" about it, because the word fake has the insinuation of intentionality in it, and that the author has some sort of sanity.

These doomsday prophecies, are the ravings of madmen ... people who ar so evil and sinister in mind, that they WANT the entire world to end. They want to MURDER the entire human race, and are waiting for god to perform the deed.

I don't care what religion they belong to, christian, jews and muslim alike ... they're raving lunatics to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

OP, I'm really glad you have an S on your chest because I sure don't. Someone has to tell all the ' good 'ol boys ' that they drank up their whole alcohol budget on the wrong day and Sunday is even a dry day in more places than one might think!

You're elected. You tell 'em... It takes a man of steel to deliver that news, yes indeed.... We're right behind ya! I'm sure we're all (well) behind ya.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join