It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday re-scheduled? Archaeological record suggests Mayan Armageddon is Sunday

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I knew this was going to happen. I mentioned this in one of my threads on thursday, as well as in a couple of other posts I did.

In an article on CNN on Wednesday they posted a few videos of NASA scientists debunking 6 doomsday rumors. One of them was the Mayan calendar and in it they mention that some people interpret the end of the calendar to be the 23rd not the 21st.

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

I assume after the 23rd passes with nothing occurring that we will have a new updated end of the calendar date that will be theorized again.

When will this stop!?!?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

How can one interpret the calendar this way when the professionals on Mayan Culture are saying this is all made up hollywood stories?
This researcher your quoting is a fraud, plain and simple and is more then happy to get a payout to keep the lies going.
Besides, saying "it may have" is not nearly proof enough to begin a threat. It's all a bunch of garbage.

I know this will continue with the next doomsday date people are easily swayed into, many are seeking the end of the world and they just love this kind of thing. So they keep perpetrating the lies.
These people don't deny ignorance they spread it.
edit on 22-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Unacceptable. 49ers play Seahawks for the NFC West Division Title. Can't we do this Monday? Everybody hates Mondays..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

Oh. There's a new date alright. It's not over until the fat Mayan sings.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Can someone get on the horn with whatever malevolent force is currently threatening life as we know it and have them postpone 'till after the Seahawks - 49ers game? Please?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What say I? I say some people have a hard time letting go of an idea whos time has past. I feel the desperation of the 2012ers as their CHristmas has come and gone and no presents were left by Santa only coal. Oh well, they were warned that they were being silly and they didnt want to hear it. Now they have to wade through the muck at their feet and try to find high ground to reorganize the whole dooms day thing for a future date. Isnt it the defination of insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sunday's no good, I have to work Monday --- being on the set at 6am either hungover or still drunk is nonproductive!

Who can I talk to about rescheduling this? Tell 'em to make it next Friday!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
Funny thing is last night I had a dream that Sunday was actually the important date. Not saying it's anything more than a dream but the title made me laugh when I saw it.

It makes sense that God would choose a Sunday.

God is subtle.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Not even Harold Camping extended his deadline.

Do you sometimes feel like in church and its the closing song at the end of the service? All you want to do is get out of there and go home but some Choir director keeps you in your seat clamoring for the music section to repeat the last stanza, One_Morrre_Time!!

Harold certainly did extend his deadline. He had it for May 22 2011 then changed it to be Oct 22, 2011. He was wrong both times LOL.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Okay, could we change the new doomsday to the 26th at least? I'm about to go buy Christmas presents and I seriously don't want to waste my time if the world is ending tomorrow.

I've reread the Mayan Calendar and I have determined the actual date is the 26th. There.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"Remember the Sabath Day and keep it Doomy"

-Ghoster
edit on 22-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Modern man has bent his stories to fit current conditions. All of his supposed prophacies are linked after the fact. Nothing is predicted ahead of time. In other words when something happens they look to find a quatrain that will fit the situation rather than the quatrain being the prognosticator. It never did and it never will. All is after the fact when it comes to the french dude.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Okay, could we change the new doomsday to the 26th at least? I'm about to go buy Christmas presents and I seriously don't want to waste my time if the world is ending tomorrow.
So you were holding out until after the 21st to go shopping, huh?
Busted.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Just put wheels on the goal posts because they are going to be moving a lot in the coming months. I just know it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by tport17

Busted.

Actually, no. I was holding out for money and time. It just happens the first time there was money and time is today

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
Matthew 24:36
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

We can speculate all we want to, but only the father knows.

PLPL

Whos Father?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Please? No more Doomsday.
It's over, done with, didn't happen, so can we just get back to normal?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by tport17

Busted.

I hold out every year and do a lot of running around from the 20-24th. Its how I roll. I like the rush rush and late late night christmas eve wrapping presents and getting tipsey with hubby. On the other hand I start the Christmas decorations the day after Thanskgiving so I can enjoy them for the maximum lenght of time. Its ok to keep the tree up til easter isnt it?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Ok, I am curious how god got into the mix of the Mayan culture. As they believed in numerous gods and according to the law of Christianity they were pagans... So not sure what god has to do with the end of the world by the mayans.

Furthermore people keep bring the Mayans into it, but yet no one has stopped to even look at the fact that the Mayans told you that it isn't going to happen and that there was nothing doom and gloom about the end fo the calendar.

That is the most amazing part about the 2012 phonemenon to me. People go by translations made by non-mayans and just dismiss the statements of the people who's decendants made the actual calendar.

Yea that is using logic.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 12/22/2012 by Phantom28804 because: Double Post

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join