It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday re-scheduled? Archaeological record suggests Mayan Armageddon is Sunday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It's ok pal. I know that you don't answer all questions posed of you and will not provide true sources when asked. I read yours, responded to it, asked more questions and you tried to (unsuccessfully) ignore my questions and responses by accusing me of straw man arguments and fudging something. Many thanks to you for not continuing this discussion and putting me through anymore of your nonsense.

So researchers and scientists are not good enough for you? Tough.

The fact is that you are wrong and all you can do is post links to kiddie sites.

I'm not surprised that people are unaware that the long count calendar had been abandoned somewhere around 900AD. All of these sites with their kiddie talk about how the calendar is organized overlooked that issue.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well obviously the 14th b'ak'tun has begun.

So, er. what's the story?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well the dates have come and gone, no boom, no peep, nothing really earth shattering, save that there is very few twinkies left due to the shut down of the factory and the bankrupcy of the company. Worst Apocolypse ever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

You sure showed me with such strong language.

Sorry that is too difficult a concept to grasp.

What it means is that date problems appear to be due to different dates being assigned to the same day by different groups. That is what happens when a civilization collapses and different groups head in different directions.

Sources? Or just your own opinion and conjecture? Oh right, I realize I have to be specific so you will answer/understand.
How does this:

Discrepancies in long count dates from the Classic period now suggest to archaeologists that the long count calendar was not standardized across all of the Mayan cities.

...mean that they know it for fact? They will "discover" something else I am sure, that will change what they "know" now. Oh right. You're the guy that argued with me that Scientists didn't exist before modern history. Nevermind pal. I would argue with you, but I don't want to be confused for you.
I wonder how many people will get that?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well the dates have come and gone, no boom, no peep, nothing really earth shattering, save that there is very few twinkies left due to the shut down of the factory and the bankrupcy of the company. Worst Apocolypse ever.

Know what's going to make even... worse... er? Grupo Bimbo tendered an offer on Hostess back in 2007, back when they were still a decent looking company, for something like $500 million. Chances are they're one of the current bidders for the snack cake brands under liquidation, so I don't think it'll be too long before you're seeing Twinkies back on the shelf, along with Ding Dongs and Ho Hos.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
YAY!! Doom on!! I love it. If/when Sunday doesn't happen, what will be the next date associated with the Mayans?

Monday.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Have had their products, thought they were going to give hostess a run for its money.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Bimbo is primarily in the west coast and Mexico markets, Entenmann's is primarily on the east coast. We get Bimbo stuff out here, but it's really hard to find outside of supermarkets that cater to the Hispanic population. The acquisition of Hostess would give them a truly national brand that already has the market penetration they're looking for.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sources?

I posted 2. Both show that the long count has been out of use for over 1000 years.

...mean that they know it for fact? They will "discover" something else I am sure, that will change what they "know" now. Oh right. You're the guy that argued with me that Scientists didn't exist before modern history. Nevermind pal. I would argue with you, but I don't want to be confused for you. I wonder how many people will get that?

You posted a bald faced lie. No surprise there.

I have provided 2 sources from archaeologists and not the kiddie sites you used. The last time anyone appears to have used the long count was over 1000 years ago. The long count fell out of use.

Posting links that show how the long count is organized has no bearing on whether or not people used it.

You have offered no evidence that the long count was used after the Mayan civilization collapsed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For those that aren't in the childish trolling here is another article that refers to the Robert Sitler
www.livescience.com...
A quote from Robert Sitler "professor of Latin American studies at Stetson University in Florida"

"When I first started going, nobody knew what I was talking about, nobody had ever heard of it," Sitler said. "That's because that calendar[long count] fell into disuse a thousand years ago."

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join